Star Wars Launch Bay coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios later this year

Tigger1988

My rule of thumb is if you don't want to be spoiled either see the film within a reasonable period of time (we're a month out now) or avoid everything even remotely involving the topic.

I didn't open this thread or any others with SW in the title until I saw TFA. Avoiding spoilers is the burden of those doing the avoiding. No one else.

Matt_Black

My rule of thumb is if you don't want to be spoiled either see the film within a reasonable period of time (we're a month out now) or avoid everything even remotely involving the topic.

I didn't open this thread or any others with SW in the title until I saw TFA. Avoiding spoilers is the burden of those doing the avoiding. No one else.

Within reason. I could say that avoiding my fists while swinging my arms around like a lunatic is the burden of those doing the avoiding, but I think we can all agree that I should minimize my crazy arm swinging in the first place.

Tigger1988

Within reason. I could say that avoiding my fists while swinging my arms around like a lunatic is the burden of those doing the avoiding, but I think we can all agree that I should minimize my crazy arm swinging in the first place.
If that's the comparison you need to resort to, you have no argument.

If someone hasn't seen the film by this point and can't keep themselves away from Star Wars related topics that's on them. Some people need to take responsibility for themselves.

ToTBellHop

If that's the comparison you need to resort to, you have no argument.

If someone hasn't seen the film by this point and can't keep themselves away from Star Wars related topics that's on them. Some people need to take responsibility for themselves.
I get the impression that everyone here has seen the film, so it should be a non-issue. I have not seen anyone actually complain about spoilers recently. Plot points have appeared on headlines on CNN! The generally accepted moratorium on spoilers was two weeks on Facebook anyway. And I know I adhered to that.

Next Big Thing

I get the impression that everyone here has seen the film, so it should be a non-issue. I have not seen anyone actually complain about spoilers recently. Plot points have appeared on headlines on CNN! The generally accepted moratorium on spoilers was two weeks on Facebook anyway. And I know I adhered to that.
Yeah, we're into it's 5th weekend now. If anyone really wanted to see the movie and avoid spoilers, they would've done so long ago.

I also sense that that's why Kylo Ren was announced this week and Adam Driver was on SNL last night. They gave people time to see the movie, now it's time to promote it some more - this time with minor spoilers (Ex. - The Undercover Boss Kylo Ren skit did a good job of avoiding spoilers for the most part, but there were a few here and there)

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I agree. Anyone who is that concerned about spoilers should have seen the movie by now.

ToTBellHop

Thank you. It's too bad the Launch Bay isn't closer to where Star Wars Land will end up. It would have been a nice addition to the land and Disney could add more props to it when a new movie was released.
I bet they will find space for similar content in SWL. It's largely themed M&Gs and collectible shopping, both of which we will see. The currently under construction M&G may give us a glimpse at the look of the future land. If they intend for the M&G to stay, that is.

Next Big Thing

I bet they will find space for similar content in SWL. It's largely themed M&Gs and collectible shopping, both of which we will see. The currently under construction M&G may give us a glimpse at the look of the future land. If they intend for the M&G to stay, that is.
Expecting anything that's in the park this year beyond the 5 rides to stay is setting expectations too high lol

Next Big Thing

Eventually they will start building structures meant to stay ;)
Yes, but I expect that to mostly come in the walled off areas.

Speaking of the parks current ride line-up, I do have to wonder what their plan is for RNRC going forward. While classic, Aerosmith isn't classic enough that they can't be forgotten and eventually that theme is gonna have to change. It'll be interesting when that time comes... i'm sure that's on the list of things that need to be done during the park-wide refresh if I had to guess.

ToTBellHop

Yes, but I expect that to mostly come in the walled off areas.

Speaking of the parks current ride line-up, I do have to wonder what their plan is for RNRC going forward. While classic, Aerosmith isn't classic enough that they can't be forgotten and eventually that theme is gonna have to change. It'll be interesting when that time comes... i'm sure that's on the list of things that need to be done during the park-wide refresh if I had to guess.
Surely. Next five years would be a logical time for a change if just about everything else is getting at least exterior work anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom