Star Wars Launch Bay coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios later this year

TyrantBoss

A lot of people want to meet Kylo Ren, a character who is super new, relevant, and popular right now?
Clearly you didn't read what I wrote, or did not comprehend it. Rotate characters. A lot of people may want to meet Kylo Ren.....but more would love a chance to get a photo with legends like Boba Fett and Darth Vader.

Spike-in-Berlin

How about they kept the animation attraction open until some of the new stuff opened, and instead promoted SW elsewhere in an already closed area, or even in another park.

Sorry TEL; I normally share your opinion but in this case I think the decision to use the former animation attraction was right, it never was exactly a blast anyway and I have to confess as a Star Wars geek I am grateful for any SW-related changes that are done well before the construction of Star Wars Land. I admit, the Launch Bay is not exactly a blast either but do you miss Mushu already that much that you would have preferred the old attraction?

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Not exactly sad about the decision, at least in the videos I saw so far of the Darth Vader M+G ist was not exactly impressive, more the contrary.

During my visit at Christmas the Vader we saw "talked" which was somewhat engaging, the over experience was a lot of fun b/c my wife had a t-shirt with a Vader icon and he welcomed her to the darkside, etc. Overall it was one of the better meet & greets we have had overall. Talking Mickey in MK was more fun and a few of the others such as Donald have had some fun experiences but not all and overall most M&G experiences are hit and miss depending on a guests actions and the mood of the performer.

Chewie was better based on his reaction to the same shirt..

The Empress Lilly

Sorry TEL; I normally share your opinion but in this case I think the decision to use the former animation attraction was right, it never was exactly a blast anyway and I have to confess as a Star Wars geek I am grateful for any SW-related changes that are done well before the construction of Star Wars Land. I admit, the Launch Bay is not exactly a blast either but do you miss Mushu already that much that you would have preferred the old attraction?
I just dislike losing attractions for shops. Also, I have been a massive Star Wars fan since 1977, but I find I have very little use for any SW merchandise. What can I say, I don't live in my mother's basement so I don't need SW toys, lightsabers and t-shirts. =D

I do agree Animation was not the most riveting of experiences. Mushu got old, and it showed an animation process that is not really how movies are made anymore. Anna and Elsa are made the way architecture, websites, newspapers and social movements are made nowadays: by some crea-hipster behind an Apple and an oversized cup of annoyingly named coffee made from beans that passed the intestines of a small jungle animal.

The attraction had not received much love and attention from Disney. But I miss the studio theme! The arch and the architecture guide you to a working studio. Although I realise the studio aspect is death and currently being buried.

Spike-in-Berlin

I just dislike losing attractions for shops. Also, I have been a massive Star Wars fan since 1977, but I find I have very little use for any SW merchandise. What can I say, I don't live in my mother's basement so I don't need SW toys, lightsabers and t-shirts. =D

I do agree Animation was not the most riveting of experiences. Mushu got old, and it showed an animation process that is not really how movies are made anymore. Anna and Elsa are made the way architecture, websites, newspapers and social movements are made nowadays: by some crea-hipster behind an Apple and an oversized cup of annoyingly named coffee made from beans that passed the intestines of a small jungle animal.

The attraction had not received much love and attention from Disney. But I miss the studio theme! The arch and the architecture guide you to a working studio. Although I realise the studio aspect is death and currently being buried.

That must have been the funniest post I read here for a looong time, I laughed so hard I broke my furniture. You are definitely strong with the force (of laughing). :);):D

Jon81uk

I just dislike losing attractions for shops.

The space devoted to shopping at the Launch Bay is the same as the space that was a store in the animation tour.
The recent Animation tour (ie with no animation being done at DHS) had a film, meet and greets, animation academy and a store.
Launch bay has a film, meet and greet, some video games and a store.

The only major loss is the animation academy in my opinion. Everything else is a direct swap really.

The Empress Lilly

The space devoted to shopping at the Launch Bay is the same as the space that was a store in the animation tour.
The recent Animation tour (ie with no animation being done at DHS) had a film, meet and greets, animation academy and a store.
Launch bay has a film, meet and greet, some video games and a store.

The only major loss is the animation academy in my opinion. Everything else is a direct swap really.
Well when you break it down like this... ;)

JWG

So finally got to go to this last week. It was less interesting than I expected it to be. The Jawa's walking around was kind of neet, but otherwise it's a meet and greet and a store.

JWG

Once Star Wars Land is done, I assume this will be shuttered and sit empty until they decide they to move forward with the mystery "Phase 4".

NearTheEars

So finally got to go to this last week. It was less interesting than I expected it to be. The Jawa's walking around was kind of neet, but otherwise it's a meet and greet and a store.

I really enjoyed looking at the detail in the props, even if most are just replicas. We spent a lot of time looking at them all, including Rey's speeder before we even made it to the M&G area.

boufa

To think we lost SWW for The Launch Bay... and a fireworks show with SW music. Yeah "Home of Star Wars" alright.
Progress ... have patience. Have you ever heard of someone moving in to an apartment while their house was built. Think LONG!!! The walls are up, change is coming rapidly now. Its going to happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom