Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I love watching the YouTube videos, especially when I can't be there myself. I agree that the whole 'look at me' videos annoy the crap out of me but some are legit very good at what they do.

Not to toot their horn, but @marni1971 makes some incredible Epcot videos that I tend to gravitate to in times of need. It's like the History channel, but without the crap.

Martin's videos are the epitome of awesome.

Thank you.

* blush*

Networth

The fact that that guy makes that kind of money is what's wrong with society :banghead::banghead::banghead:

To each their own I suppose. I have favorite YouTubers. But to me they just put out more quality stuff than FB does.

How is this wrong? It's the definition of capitalism.

I agree with you, YouTube is saturated with mostly "meh" or down right bad videos.

That said if someone can create videos that draw enough attention advertisers will pay them for the large fan base they have. If that is the case than more power to them.

Last edited:

General Hux

From what we know (speculative as it may be), we are now less than four months behind DL in the construction. I remember when most people considered it to be at least 6 months+ difference. Am I wrong to speculate
1. that the progress of each will likely converge in 2018?
2. Especially considering that (I assume) it is easier to do construction in HS compared to the more urban environment in Anaheim?
3. Also the promotion of both lands at once would be much easier (and the potential profits to be had from an expedited opening at HS would certainly outweigh any extra costs to expedite the progress).

Hatbox Ghostbuster

How is this wrong? It's the definition of capitalism.

I agree with you, YouTube is saturated with mostly "meh" or down right bad videos.

That said if someone can create videos that draw enough attention advertisers will pay them for the large fan base they have. If that is the case than more power to them.
This guy makes millions a year yelling at video games. The average teacher in this country is lucky to make $40,000 a year. That's the sad part.

Anyways...back to SWL...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From what we know (speculative as it may be), we are now less than four months behind DL in the construction. I remember when most people considered it to be at least 6 months+ difference. Am I wrong to speculate
1. that the progress of each will likely converge in 2018?
2. Especially considering that (I assume) it is easier to do construction in HS compared to the more urban environment in Anaheim?
3. Also the promotion of both lands at once would be much easier (and the potential profits to be had from an expedited opening at HS would certainly outweigh any extra costs to expedite the progress).

The 4 months is an estimate. I have put that number out as the different in progress between the steel on the battle ride show building. The problem is that even though the final products will be the same, the methods and sequence of construction are different so it's hard to make a definitive statement on how far apart they are. For example, at the time the DL steel started going up, the circular area on one end of that show building was further along at DL then it was at DHS when the steel started.

There are a lot of factors that will effect construction speed. Yes, DL is in a more urban area, but DL also tends to get better and more predictable weather then WDW.

Even if they don't open at the same time they will like open within 6 months of each other so there is still a lot of ability to do cross promotion. They could also try to sell two grand openings to the big Star Wars fans instead of just one. There could also be internal politics at work the is favoring one park to open before the other. There are definitely advantages to opening them at the same time, but I don't think we can say that it's a guarantee.

Goob

I'm thinking they absolutely have to open both lands at the same time. Can you imagine how crushed Disneyland will be if they open first or vice versa?

trainplane3

Never underestimate what people are willing to pay for.

This guy makes makes roughly $12 million a year yelling at video games on YouTube.

felix_750x400_acf_cropped_750x400_acf_cropped.jpg

The company Rooster Teeth is worth about 25 million and employs roughly 250 people and they pretty much just make various videos for YouTube. They got their start making the show Red vs Blue in a spare bedroom.
And the best part is he was part of Maker Studios, a Disney subsidiary. If you can find a good interview with him, he breaks down alot of how and why he does what does. It's pretty interesting. Just remember, he makes content that people want to see...and alot of his fans were in the 12-13 y/o group so that would explain a lot.

csmat99

I'm thinking they absolutely have to open both lands at the same time. Can you imagine how crushed Disneyland will be if they open first or vice versa?
It's not going to happen. The openings will be at least 8 months apart. I would be surprised if DL has a soft opening by end of 2018 and DHS version doesn't opening until early 2020.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
And the best part is he was part of Maker Studios, a Disney subsidiary. If you can find a good interview with him, he breaks down alot of how and why he does what does. It's pretty interesting. Just remember, he makes content that people want to see...and alot of his fans were in the 12-13 y/o group so that would explain a lot.
I don't begrudge the dude at all. If anything, I am a tad jealous I did not think of it first.:)

trainplane3

I don't begrudge the dude at all. If anything, I am a tad jealous I did not think of it first.:)
I'm right there with you. If I could sit at my PC and scream at it, go out in public and make awkward videos, and basically do what I want and make $$$$$...I think that'd be quite the life. Also having front of line access to any Disney ride would be a plus.

csmat99

And this is based on...?
Been based on things I heard out in DL and that Disney wants a buffer between the two SW lands opening. Also, you have to factor in weather in FLA where DL does not. For SWL to open in DHS in 2019 it would have to be ready by October early November because they aren't going to be opening a major land during peak season for them from middle of Nov - end of the year. So no I don't see DHS version basically be ready little over 2 years from now.

ToTBellHop

Been based on things I heard out in DL and that Disney wants a buffer between the two SW lands opening. Also, you have to factor in weather in FLA where DL does not. For SWL to open in DHS in 2019 it would have to be ready by October early November because they aren't going to be opening a major land during peak season for them from middle of Nov - end of the year. So no I don't see DHS version basically be ready little over 2 years from now.
They just opened a major land over Memorial Day weekend.

Star Wars Land is currently penciled in for ~Fall 2019 at DHS. By summer 2019 at DL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom