News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to permanently close this fall

Mem11

Had the experience really been as disappointing as you claim, we would surely have come across quite a few negative reviews from those who felt duped by the whole thing. I've yet to see such a review, and I don't believe any have been cited here, whether by you or others. I'm happy to be corrected if I stand mistaken.
From Trip Advisor:

Ted C
Ted C

Hard Pass
Feb 2023
My wife and I were very disappointed by the whole experience.

First, you have to use your phone as a data pad and a lot of the story takes place in the app. We didn't pay a large amount of money to look at our phones on vacation. We wanted a truly immersive experience and didn't get it.

Second, the food isn't that good and there are no menus. So if you don't like dinner and want a burger and fries you can forget about it. In the morning there is a buffet, but if you want an omelet then you're out of luck. You eat what they make available.

And finally, the story isn't your story. You have to play along in real time and if you miss something (because maybe your kid is tired after flying to Florida) then you don't have a way of catching up. The story keeps moving forward with or without you. Once my wife and I lost track we couldn't figure out how to get caught up. So we had to give up. And honestly the story is probably 90% of the reason you are there.

This isn't bad value for the money, this is just plain bad. Skip it.

Susan L
Susan L

ABSOLUTELY A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY 😱😱
Aug 2022 • Family
Checkin at 1pm by time got room 3pm.
Horribiliy disgusting food.
Micro rooms.
A few quiz games which you have to work for.
10pm go and sleep.
Next day worse bfreqfast of my life.
Miday go to Disney park.
Dinner at StarGalactic.
Following day leave at 08:30am or else you will be thrown out.
A total RIP OFF price paid for 1 1/2 day.
DIDNT EXPECT THIS FROM DISNEY.

Sharm1972
Sharm1972

Got Cheated
Aug 2022 • Family
It was a total rip off! Its better to stay at a motel. Very limited food both quantity and variety, was more like we were in a jail. Very little entertainment. The second half day was at Disney Hollywood studios so its actually just one and half day of jail food no entertainment prison.
I am a Disney fan and I know Disney is expensive, but they normally give you something for your money. Like Space 220 was expensive but was worth the money.
This Starwars Galactic cruise is a robbery, you are paying 5000$ for a family of 4, for nothing.I think consumer association should really looke into this.
Its ok if you want to give space looking food but ypu can give a variety for the price we paid.
The lifesaber training is for 5-6 year olds..so childish we didnt even enjoy!
PLEASE DONT EVEN THINK OF GOING! Infact the Disney committee needs to look into this scam cruiser. Nothing like a disney organisation

TrainsOfDisney

There’s a decent number of negative reviews on google as well, most of them weren’t as negative as the ones posted but were more like “it was kinda fun, but not really worth the money.”

asianway

ALL the positive Starcruiser reviews are from Disney shills? Amazing Disney has such power! You'd think they'd try using it to influence reviews of their films, too...
Find me one on YouTube.

Now, the people that did it in the Facebook groups did indeed love it

LittleBuford

From Trip Advisor:

Ted C
Ted C

Hard Pass
Feb 2023
My wife and I were very disappointed by the whole experience.

First, you have to use your phone as a data pad and a lot of the story takes place in the app. We didn't pay a large amount of money to look at our phones on vacation. We wanted a truly immersive experience and didn't get it.

Second, the food isn't that good and there are no menus. So if you don't like dinner and want a burger and fries you can forget about it. In the morning there is a buffet, but if you want an omelet then you're out of luck. You eat what they make available.

And finally, the story isn't your story. You have to play along in real time and if you miss something (because maybe your kid is tired after flying to Florida) then you don't have a way of catching up. The story keeps moving forward with or without you. Once my wife and I lost track we couldn't figure out how to get caught up. So we had to give up. And honestly the story is probably 90% of the reason you are there.

This isn't bad value for the money, this is just plain bad. Skip it.

Susan L
Susan L

ABSOLUTELY A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY 😱😱
Aug 2022 • Family
Checkin at 1pm by time got room 3pm.
Horribiliy disgusting food.
Micro rooms.
A few quiz games which you have to work for.
10pm go and sleep.
Next day worse bfreqfast of my life.
Miday go to Disney park.
Dinner at StarGalactic.
Following day leave at 08:30am or else you will be thrown out.
A total RIP OFF price paid for 1 1/2 day.
DIDNT EXPECT THIS FROM DISNEY.

Sharm1972
Sharm1972

Got Cheated
Aug 2022 • Family
It was a total rip off! Its better to stay at a motel. Very limited food both quantity and variety, was more like we were in a jail. Very little entertainment. The second half day was at Disney Hollywood studios so its actually just one and half day of jail food no entertainment prison.
I am a Disney fan and I know Disney is expensive, but they normally give you something for your money. Like Space 220 was expensive but was worth the money.
This Starwars Galactic cruise is a robbery, you are paying 5000$ for a family of 4, for nothing.I think consumer association should really looke into this.
Its ok if you want to give space looking food but ypu can give a variety for the price we paid.
The lifesaber training is for 5-6 year olds..so childish we didnt even enjoy!
PLEASE DONT EVEN THINK OF GOING! Infact the Disney committee needs to look into this scam cruiser. Nothing like a disney organisation
Thank you for sharing something anchored in people's firsthand experiences rather than built on assumptions. I'm sorry these guests had such a bad time. It's good to know they were in the minority (the overall Tripadvisor rating is 4.5).

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
70960032-26ac-4f0a-b828-0737935f4754_text.gif

Mem11

Thank you for sharing something anchored in people's firsthand experiences rather than built on assumptions. I'm sorry these guests had such a bad time. It's good to know they were in the minority (the overall Tripadvisor rating is 4.5).
Absolutely, the overall rating is very good. I believe only 5 out of the 47 reviews were 1 star. But look at the last 2 reviews I posted and it's pretty evident that they had no idea what they were getting themselves into.

That's why we shouldn't discount the opinions of those he didn't go but saw all the review videos, advertising and pictures of this experience and knew this wasn't for them and to many, looked like a total disaster. I'm guessing that most of those who went and had a great experience knew what to expect and really like this type experience.

I believe, as someone stated earlier, the market for this was less then one percent of the paying customer's and it's something Disney should have known. Just think of what could have been done if this money had been invested in GE, a 3rd attraction, more character interactions, maybe some sort of in land transport .... Oh well can't cry over spilled milk.

LittleBuford

That's why we shouldn't discount the opinions of those he didn't go but saw all the review videos, advertising and pictures of this experience and knew this wasn't for them and to many, looked like a total disaster.
I don't think anyone is discounting their opinion, though. The issue isn't that they judged the experience to be unappealing; it's that they're rubbishing the idea that others—indeed, a majority of actual guests—might have felt differently.

JD80

Absolutely, the overall rating is very good. I believe only 5 out of the 47 reviews were 1 star. But look at the last 2 reviews I posted and it's pretty evident that they had no idea what they were getting themselves into.

That's why we shouldn't discount the opinions of those he didn't go but saw all the review videos, advertising and pictures of this experience and knew this wasn't for them and to many, looked like a total disaster. I'm guessing that most of those who went and had a great experience knew what to expect and really like this type experience.

I believe, as someone stated earlier, the market for this was less then one percent of the paying customer's and it's something Disney should have known. Just think of what could have been done if this money had been invested in GE, a 3rd attraction, more character interactions, maybe some sort of in land transport .... Oh well can't cry over spilled milk.

Those last two reviews read like reviews of a Disney World Vacation where people didn't know they had to make park reservations and thought they could walk up to any restaurant and get a reservation.

Epcot81Fan

Is there a single person in the history of this thread saying there were no positive reviews?

People continue to try to disprove a statement nobody has made, that I’ve seen.

“Cats” has thousands of positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.

We get it. There are people who like crap.

The problem is, like with this concept, there isn’t enough of them.

JD80

Is there a single person in the history of this thread saying there were no positive reviews?

My man, the majority of people who did the starcruiser loved it. The majority of people who say Cats hated it.

There is a difference.

LittleBuford

The comparison doesn't hold. Cats has a handful of positive reviews among a sea of negative ones. That's the opposite of the case here.

Epcot81Fan

My man, the majority of people who did the starcruiser loved it. The majority of people who say Cats hated it.

There is a difference.
My man, millions more saw the videos of the Starcruiser and said “nope”.

And then it closed due to lack of interest.

We get it. The incredibly tiny amount of people who had interest in LARP’ing in an 8 year old’s “science fiction” birthday party fever dream absolutely loved it.

Unfortunately, the rest of the world looked at it and said no thanks.

(Oh, and BTW more than half of the audience who saw Cats liked it (53%), but that was also a ridiculous amount of people with terrible taste, just like this disaster)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom