News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to permanently close this fall

pdude81

Curious, when you were there, did it make this better?

1698178128102.png

pdude81

Fair enough, for those of us who have not been on board, please tell us how this video does not truly capture the experience and passengers.

At least this is an reasonable appropriation of an activity on board. Not at all important other than to give you time to interact with the Saja and spread people out, but still part of the experience.

Missing some of the shield stuff though. Those things were cool as hell, though too expensive for me to try to bring home.

pdude81

Right…that’s notoriously bad and a red herring

So what was so good? Not like Disney can sue you for devolving secrets 👍🏻
Are you going to pretend you don't know what red herring means in the context of a persuasive argument?

That video was from a test cruise, so not what we experienced. And we also have discussed many times that it's supposed to be a loud, goofy distraction from other things that are going on in the same room.

The other marketing video also has nothing to do with the experience on board.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Are you going to pretend you don't know what red herring means in the context of a persuasive argument?

That video was from a test cruise, so not what we experienced. And we also have discussed many times that it's supposed to be a loud, goofy distraction from other things that are going on in the same room.

The other marketing video also has nothing to do with the experience on board.
Yeah…I’d like to see that other stuff. Or don’t you want me to book? 😡

pdude81

Actually fans go for rides like this:

...and like this:

See how easy that was? I could list dozens more, if it would help. You see, WDW is the most photographed/videotaped place on the planet, so it's super easy.

Now you try.

I just looked, and there are over 3/4 of a MILLION videos on YouTube covering every inch of this experience. Which is quite remarkable, considering how briefly it was open and how extremely low the capacity was. Surely it would only take seconds of your time to find the ones that show this spectacular Star Wars experience the rest of us are just missing.

Seems like you're searching for any evidence you can find to suit your argument. At least that's what I'm suspecting based on the words I've seen in this thread. Two different approaches

pdude81

Yeah…I’d like to see that other stuff. Or don’t you want me to book? 😡
Reportedly there are hundreds of thousands of videos you can watch about the whole thing. Someone in here might be able to link them for you.

But honestly I wish you and more others could have gone to this thing and check it out. Even with your long-standing beef with the ST, there were some cool things anybody could enjoy. Including a Rodian (costume) that looks far better than what they used to film Greedo. And she legitimately speaks Huttese with guests if they are that far down the rabbit hole. Spoke, I should say.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Reportedly there are hundreds of thousands of videos you can watch about the whole thing. Someone in here might be able to link them for you.

But honestly I wish you and more others could have gone to this thing and check it out. Even with your long-standing beef with the ST, there were some cool things anybody could enjoy. Including a Rodian (costume) that looks far better than what they used to film Greedo. And she legitimately speaks Huttese with guests if they are that far down the rabbit hole. Spoke, I should say.
Well I could have gone…
But wasn’t compelled to at all. And that’s the mystery at least to me…

erasure fan1

Well I could have gone…
But wasn’t compelled to at all. And that’s the mystery at least to me…
And that is at the heart of this whole thing. Why do I want to go? I get why some are saying "But you really needed to experience it!" But for 6 grand? That's not take a flyer on it money. I've watched TONS of videos on it, and nothing that I've seen says I gotta do this. Do I know for sure it's a lame fest because of some videos on YouTube? No. But when Disneys very own marketing makes it look cringe, why would you drop that much on it? Because some people said, "no trust me it's really great!"? Not for that cost.

I'm not taking away anything from anyone who legitimately had a great experience. That's great, more power to you. The people who thought it was worthless will never convince the people who loved it that it was terrible. Just like the supporters will never convince the others that it was fantastic. And with the crazy point of entry, very, VERY, few who looked at it sideways would ever give it a go.

TrainsOfDisney

I do know people who went and had a great time. They didn’t pay, and they went as a group that would probably have a good time anywhere. But a couple of them are huge Star Wars fans and they did love the experience.

For me personally - I would have gone if I knew others I could go with. I’m a big enough Disney fan that I would have loved to see what they did. But it’s not the type of experience I would do myself, so there’s that.

Incomudro

And that is at the heart of this whole thing. Why do I want to go? I get why some are saying "But you really needed to experience it!" But for 6 grand? That's not take a flyer on it money. I've watched TONS of videos on it, and nothing that I've seen says I gotta do this. Do I know for sure it's a lame fest because of some videos on YouTube? No. But when Disneys very own marketing makes it look cringe, why would you drop that much on it? Because some people said, "no trust me it's really great!"? Not for that cost.

I'm not taking away anything from anyone who legitimately had a great experience. That's great, more power to you. The people who thought it was worthless will never convince the people who loved it that it was terrible. Just like the supporters will never convince the others that it was fantastic. And with the crazy point of entry, very, VERY, few who looked at it sideways would ever give it a go.
I certainly believe that had I done this experience, that I would have enjoyed it.
I certainly would have enjoyed it, had it hypothetically existed 10 or more years ago when my sons were younger - really into Star Wars and we could have done it then.
But that doesn't mean that I don't see some clear issues with Star Cruiser even without embarking on it.

Last edited:

Epcot81Fan

For those that have taken the cruise, what specifically is inaccurate in this video and what would have been different had we been there vs. what is shown here for us to judge the experience?

Or can I just judge what I'm seeing? Please tell me what I'm specifically missing.

Last edited:

Epcot81Fan

For those that have taken the cruise, what specifically is inaccurate in this video and what would have been different had we been there vs. what is shown here for us to judge the experience?

Am I able to actually just judge what I am seeing? Apparently, the experience is significantly better than any of these countless videos show and we just aren't really seeing the full experience.

I particularly like at 5:14 when the "captain comes to visit". Hard to imagine why this closed in a year.

Incomudro

Or can I just judge what I'm seeing? Please tell me what I'm specifically missing.

Got to be honest, this makes it look quite enjoyable to me.
Price would still be a prohibitive barrier, and had it taken place within the timeline of the original trilogy it would look that much better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom