Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

_Scar

Are they going to overhaul the ride system at all? The thing is so out of date. The movements are...vauge, or something. I don't know, the simulation movement just doesn't feel as crisp or convincing as Spiderman's vehicles. Also, the interior creaks and rattles due to its ancient age. They must address this to improve the immersion factor of this ride.

Yes, it will be updated. They'll address that too I'm sure (I got that simulator last time and when my dad got out the first thing he said was "they can do better") :ROFLOL:

imagineer boy

Yes, it will be updated. They'll address that too I'm sure (I got that simulator last time and when my dad got out the first thing he said was "they can do better") :ROFLOL:

That's good, I hear the updated simulator movements on Storm Rider at TDS are very realistic feeling.

SirGoofy

He was so badass! Imagine seeing him, all slunched and then wham he takes out 4 sabers.

general-grievous.jpg

And them, wham he get's beat because he's a lame, bad guy with a chronic cough. :lol:

I've always liked the droids. They are so cool, and Grievous just seems like a very evil and awesome man like Vader. Maul is a joke, and Voodoo isn't really a living character since he is all human.

Maul is a joke? Yea...you are crazy.

And I guess you meant Dooku by Voodoo?:shrug:

_Scar

And them, wham he get's beat because he's a lame, bad guy with a chronic cough. :lol:

Maul is a joke? Yea...you are crazy.

And I guess you meant Dooku by Voodoo?:shrug:

Dooku, my bad. :( I used to love Dooku. I can't beleive I put Voodoo.... :lookaroun

Maul is a joke. Grievous and Palpatine are way better villains. But how can you put Palpatine in DHS without scaring kids?

SirGoofy

Maul is a joke. Grievous and Palpatine are way better villains. But how can you put Palpatine in DHS without scaring kids?

Honestly, and I don't say this to make fun or anything, but you are the first person who I've ever talked to who thinks Grievous is cool.

And Maul is nowhere near a joke. Maul is the very embodiment of a Sith Warrior. He is a living weapon, designed to kill.

Pete C

Exactly. All I know is that their last "revision" of their simulator technology...StormRider at TDS, sucked. The cabin was slightly larger, but the screen was domed and you could see the joints in the screen, ruining the immersion. The video was blurry...ugh! The lone dark spot of the most amazingly themed park in the world.

Dayma

I am excited that Star Tours is finally getting an update. I am going to miss the old ride just because it has memories for me!

jakeman

I haven't commented on this yet because I fully realize that my expectations for this attraction are not based in reality at all and if I think about what I want I will just be disappointed.

However, I thought I would just chime in:

Star by Star: The Fall of Coruscant

If it is not this, I will be disappointed. Therefore, I will be disappointed. :lol: :lookaroun

_Scar

Honestly, and I don't say this to make fun or anything, but you are the first person who I've ever talked to who thinks Grievous is cool.

And Maul is nowhere near a joke. Maul is the very embodiment of a Sith Warrior. He is a living weapon, designed to kill.

I embrace it. I love Maul just because he is seems so feeble and then he's just badass in like 2.4 seconds when he whips out his light sabres, not to mention he is the droid king.

janoimagine

Exactly, Grevious was a terrible charachter ... even in the books.

Mr.EPCOT

That name rings a bell.... I used to play Star Wars Battlefront and that sounded like a map name. :veryconfu

You got me there. No idea.

Heir to the Empire ... Dark Force Rising ... The Last Command. :D:lookaroun:D

It would just be cool if you were at Star Tours when the Yuuzhan Vong start attacking. Public announcements could come up on the big screen from Leia making evacuation orders and such. There could be "windows" that look out onto the Coruscant cityscape while the place is being torn up.

But the Rebel takeover of Coruscant could be cool, too. :D

janoimagine

Never thought about the Vong ... now they were the ultimate evil in the EU ... I need to go back through all my books that are sitting in the basement. :)

EPCOT Explorer

Agreed. Take over the Indy show and make a crazy awesome dark ride/coaster hybrid, restaurant, etc.
*likes this idea*

Then, without Indy we can put hi in MK, right? :D
And the cantina from the Mos Eisley Space Port!

And a Jedi Temple (where even adults can train:lookaroun )
Want.
Greivous was lame.:lol:

If there should be any Star Wars character made for LCI, it's Yoda.

I'm a big Greivos fan...
I haven't commented on this yet because I fully realize that my expectations for this attraction are not based in reality at all and if I think about what I want I will just be disappointed.

However, I thought I would just chime in:

Star by Star: The Fall of Coruscant

If it is not this, I will be disappointed. Therefore, I will be disappointed. :lol: :lookaroun
FANBOY!!!:fork:

:D

Ah, feels good to do that.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom