Staggs resigns

WhatJaneSays

Not unwanted, but still somewhat unexpected at the moment. I figured he was going to try to hold on until closer to Shanghai's opening.

hopemax

Interesting to see what happens now. There doesn't seem to be an obvious successor, so does this mean Iger isn't going anywhere? Is this rats leaving a sinking ship, and Iger giving his friend a lifeboat. Is this chickens coming home and someone has to pay for poor Parks & Resorts decisions (Shanghai, MM+) etc.

BrianLo

Lasseter should NOT be CEO. Ever.

And I believe @WDW1974 told us that Staggs wouldn't be the next CEO. He was right!

Staggs, while not as bad as Rasulo, is still bad, bad news. From the Strategic Planning department. He will not be missed.

Agreed, definitely Lassester would be a terrible idea, he is far better in his current position that he is better qualified for and passionate about.

Kathleen Kennedy on the other hand...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Interesting to see what happens now. There doesn't seem to be an obvious successor, so does this mean Iger isn't going anywhere? Is this rats leaving a sinking ship, and Iger giving his friend a lifeboat. Is this chickens coming home and someone has to pay for poor Parks & Resorts decisions (Shanghai, MM+) etc.

They can always look outside the company...

the.dreamfinder

I honestly think this means someone external. Which, probably will be a good thing.
The Times article, written by Zenia's mouthpiece, suggests as much.
Disney has tended to choose chief executives from within, but the board may now look outside for a successor to Mr. Iger, who has led Disney to record-breaking results.
That my friends is what's called a test balloon.

FerretAfros

Oh no! Not the oddly waifish man of anemic personality! Wherever will he go with his oh-so-bland charisma?

I can only hope that this means that Iger will actually resign in 2018 when he's scheduled to (he's already pushed it back twice, much to my chagrin), and that this could open the door for an external candidate. Given how inwardly-focused and franchise-based every creative decision has been under Iger, I think some fresh blood at the top of the organization could be a very good move.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom