Staggs resigns

No Name

Wow. Most interesting thing to happen in a while. I don't know how I feel. Out of all of the scrooges in the company, I don't think Tom Staggs was the worst.

It all depends on who's going to be the next CEO now. If it's a guy who knows what he's doing and understands why maintaining legacy and quality in the parks and the company in general is important, that'd be great. If it's Chappie, then oh boy, we are in for another 10 years of trouble.

Basically, this does give us hope for the future, but I just have some gut feeling that the company will choose someone even worse than Tom. When Tom left parks and resorts, I was initially very hopeful for who would replace him. Then we got Chappie, and even though he had no P&R experience and kind of looks like a beancounter type of guy, I will still positive. But now, over the last few months, I've actually wanted Tom back. The same parallel can sort of be made for Eisner to Iger.

I'll stay positive for now though, and I hope, as both an investor and customer, that whoever takes Tom's and possibly eventually Iger's place is a good choice.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

I was gonna ask the same thing as @BrianLo is this a good thing or a bad thing? Or doesn't really affect anything

Its a really good thing.

NYT said:
Over the last year, as Mr. Staggs came under intense scrutiny by Disney’s board, it became clear that at least some board members were not convinced that Mr. Staggs, 55, had the skills required to maintain Disney’s creative momentum, these people said. Mr. Staggs and Disney mutually decided to part ways.

The Board wasn't going to support him at CEO. Didn't have the creative ability.

Maybe there's a chance to reclaim the company from the beancounters....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom