Spring Training, with a dash of Disney. Live.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
We're here. Almost, anyway.

They were planting palm trees aplenty at the Welcome Centre. Thank you.
IMG_1854.JPG IMG_1870.JPG

Orange for me. Grapefruit for Hubby.
He drank both.
IMG_1855.JPG IMG_1856.JPG

The reason we're here.
IMG_1862.JPG IMG_1863.JPG

What a goof.
IMG_1865.JPG

Okay, now I know why there were only kids sitting here before me. These are not designed for middle-aged behinds. I'm lucky I got out.
IMG_1867.JPG

NYwdwfan

We have been in the car for 18 hours, 16 and a half of which have been in motion. Less than half an hour to the Florida Welcome Centre. OJ will be had!

But first, we need to fill up on cheap Georgia gas.

OJ or grapefruit - what's your pleasure?

Grapefruit. We ate breakfast at Captain's Grille one year and the waitress asked if I wanted a refill on my grapefruit juice. I said we were getting ready to leave and she offered to put it in a "to go" cup with a lid and a straw. I drank that juice on the walk the whole way to Soarin'.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
We are, of course, carrying on to Port Richey. SatNav says three hours. SatNav does not know about rush hour traffic. Stupid SatNav.

As you can see, the sky is a brilliant blue. The wind is brisk, it's 61F, and there's nary a flake of snow in sight. I'll take it.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Could someone please remind me to pick up a bubble wand from DS on Sunday for SIL.

Hubby wants one too. As does Ski. I'm sure Son #1 will also want one once he sees them.

Could someone please remind me to pick up four bubble wands from DS on Sunday for various people.

Last edited:

PUSH

Tried to take a pic of the "Welcome to Georgia" sign; somehow ended up taking a pic of myself.

Good thing I'm not driving, eh?

View attachment 194131

We'll be in Georgia for quite a while. I remember the first time we drove, we were like, "Yay, only one more state, we're almost there!"

Ummmmm no, Georgia is like the Energizer bunny. It just keeps going and going.
Try Illinois coming from Wisconsin.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
No problem adding another night, so we're good to go. Same room, for six nights instead of five. So much for not driving straight through! :rolleyes:

Here's the room. It ain't no Hilton, but it's fine.

Queen beds. :(
No Kings were available when we booked.
IMG_1871.JPG IMG_1872.JPG IMG_1873.JPG

An actual closet ... which has since been stuffed to overflowing with Blue Jays jerseys. Seriously, I brought one, Hubby brought five. And two Jays jackets.
IMG_1875.JPG

NYwdwfan

No problem adding another night, so we're good to go. Same room, for six nights instead of five. So much for not driving straight through! :rolleyes:

View attachment 194190 View attachment 194191 View attachment 194192

An actual closet ... which has since been stuffed to overflowing with Blue Jays jerseys. Seriously, I brought one, Hubby brought five. And two Jays jackets.
View attachment 194193
One bed for sleeping, one for souvenirs. What's the issue?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Boy oh boy, dinner pics are going to be lame. We've both been up for 30+ hours and are fading fast.

As soon as I got up to the room, I scarfed down a protein bar, and brushed my teeth.

Pretty sure we're just going to hit the Olive Garden (be nice, we don't have any in Ontario), and I'll just be eating salad. Calling it now - Hubby will have the Tour of Italy and peach iced tea.

That's assuming he doesn't fall asleep in the shower.

trr1

View attachment 194190 View attachment 194191 View attachment 194192

View attachment 194193
just move the beds together

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom