Trip Report Spring Break 2017 POLLY (DVC)

March 2017 @ Polynesian Resort (DVC)  

Kick off to our annual Spring Break Disney trip (2017)

Dates: 03/19/2017-03/25/19
Guests: 6 (2 Adults, 4 Kids) 2 Rooms
Quick Service Meal plan
ADR: Ohana Character Breakfast 3/20/17

Saturday: Animal Kingdom: FP (Expedition Everest & Kali River Rapids)
Monday- MK FP morning (Winnie the Pooh, 7DMT, BTM)
Tuesday-Epcot FP evening (Meet Disney Pals, Test Track)
Wednesday-MK FP morning (7DMT, BTM, Meet Characters)
Thursday-DHS FP Evening (Disney Jr, TSM, Tower of Terror)
Friday-Open
Saturday- Check out
**We will head to Blizzard Beach and Typhoon lagoon during our stay they are part of our AP’s**

-Magic Mands should arrive this week (shipped last week)

hotel-exterior.jpg

a001.JPG

amjt660

Premium Member
Following along

A week at the Poly sounds great - and 2 rooms - just curious if the adults will get there own?
Or will it be a boy/girl split?

Plan looks good!!!

Max

Seanual757

Original Poster
Following along

A week at the Poly sounds great - and 2 rooms - just curious if the adults will get there own?
Or will it be a boy/girl split?

Plan looks good!!!

Max

Yea a week in paradise split rooms Mom and Dad and the 8 month old in one room, the other 3 in the other room.

Quick update our magic bands arrived yesterday, I guess it's time to retire my old Magic band and start using the new one. Our Passholder bands are on the way so that will add a second set of new bands, and followed by our July 4th Stay bands in a few months :)

IMG_6517.JPG
IMG_6518.JPG

Seanual757

Original Poster
Well Spring Break 2017 is in the book and what a wonderful week it was. We booked at 11 months out for our home resort # 2 Poly. We booked 2 rooms (Villas).

The day had finally arrived 3/19/17 and just like the year before our text arrived just after 9:30am our rooms were ready 1119 & 1120 Pago Pago @ the Polynesian Resort. The Suburban was already pack so we all piled in for the long 20 minute drive down the 429 to Western Way and over to Poly.

This was our 1st stay at our 2nd home resort (we purchased Poly May 2016 Direct). We have always loved this resort the tropical South Pacific feel reminded us of our honeymoon Hawaii back in 2004.

We arrived a little after 10am went directly to our room to have a look then down to Cap’t Cooks to grab our drink mugs (we were on the dining plan) and head to the lava pool to relax and eat some lunch before heading to the MK for a few FP's.

IMG_6783.JPG

IMG_6786.JPG

IMG_6792.JPG

IMG_6794.JPG
IMG_6799.JPG
IMG_6800.JPG
IMG_6802.JPG
IMG_6804.JPG
IMG_6807.JPG

IMG_6809.JPG

Seanual757

Original Poster
Day 2 (Monday) of our Spring Break 2017 Trip

We started out our morning with dining reservations at Ohana for our oldest 9th birthday celebration, she is a big stitch fan needless to say she had a great time. We then headed over to the Magic Kingdom where we hit up a few rides before the crowds came in. We were able to get onto 7DMT twice, BTM twice, We had Splash mountain FP’s but the ride was down, Winnie the Pooh, The Carousel, and Dumbo. We decided to head back to the hotel for lunch and relax at the pool, once 530 rolled around the camp fire started and we headed over for the marshmallow’s, after that we grabbed some dinner at Capt. Cooks and called it a night.

view from the room in the morning.
IMG_6985.JPG

Checked in @ Ohanas for Breakfast
IMG_6891.JPG

Upstairs main lobby @polarboi
IMG_6892.JPG

A Shot across from Seven Seas Lagoon looking @ the Magic Kingdom.
IMG_6899.JPG

Our 2.5 year old spotted the pool then the castle she is ready to hit both today.
IMG_6901.JPG

Come on let's go forget breakfast

IMG_6904.JPG

Breakfast time
IMG_6984.JPG

Welcome card with our name on the back
IMG_6928.JPG

Our Table for 10 for breakfast this morning.
IMG_6925.JPG

Family Photo @Ohana

Last edited:

Seanual757

Original Poster
Monday Cont..

Dinner buffet area @Ohana

IMG_6934.JPG

Finally changed out my original Magic band for the new band.

IMG_6988.JPG

After Breakfast we headed over to the Magic Kingdom for some fun.

IMG_7005.JPG

7DMT here we come

IMG_7008.JPG

Love FP's

IMG_7013.JPG

7DMT is over :(
IMG_7015.JPG

After we used up our fast passes and hit some other rides it was time to head back to Poly and go swimming & roast some marshmellows @ the camp fire.

IMG_7043.JPG

My 2.5 year old just likes to eat them off the stick

IMG_7045.JPG

IMG_7044.JPG

I like mine burnt.

IMG_7051.JPG

Last edited:

Seanual757

Original Poster
Monday Cont.

Beautiful calm day on the Seven Seas Lagoon overlooking the MK.

IMG_7053.JPG

Pano shot from the beach

IMG_7056.JPG

The Oasis Pool
IMG_7062.JPG

The evening movie was "Moana" was playing this evening.

IMG_7066.JPG

Evening Electrical Water Pageant
IMG_7067.JPG

And finally the fireworks such a great location to watch them @ Poly.

IMG_7084.JPG

Last edited:

Seanual757

Original Poster
Day 3 (Tuesday) of our Spring Break 2017 Trip

Our morning started out with breakfast in the room (QSM) with a few Bounty Platters.

On the agenda today was Epcot to hit up the Annual Easter Egg hunt followed by a stopover in France for some gourmet ice cream @ L’Artisan des Glaces for some Cinnamon, Caramelized Apple & Crumble Crunch in a waffle cone. We continued on the Easter Egg hunt and ended back at the Disney Traders to collect our 6 new eggs from this year’s hunt. It was getting a little warm outside and we had 45 minutes to kill before our Test Track FP so he headed over to the DVC lounge for some refreshments and AC.

After Epcot he headed back to the hotel for a few hours in the pool followed by a trip over to the Contempo Café for dinner and some shopping at the Contemporary.

My girls having some breakfast @ Capt. Cooks
IMG_7110.JPG

IMG_7112.JPG

IMG_7113.JPG

IMG_7114.JPG

Another beautiful day love this pool

IMG_7115.JPG

Morning shot of Cinderella’s Castle in the background

IMG_7116.JPG

IMG_7124.JPG

IMG_7117.JPG

IMG_7125.JPG

Come for a quick ride 32 second ride to Epcot Aboard the Monorail

IMG_7133.JPG

Seanual757

Original Poster
Day 3 (Tuesday) of our Spring Break 2017 Trip Cont..

Let the Easter Egg hunt begin We purchased 6 maps to collect all 6 new eggs, they have 12 in all 6 from last year available and 6 new ones from this year. We plan to go back next weekend purchase 6 new maps and collect the old eggs to have as spares.

This year almost half the eggs are inside of buildings the years past they were always outside of the buildings.

IMG_7168.JPG

IMG_7172.JPG

IMG_7173.JPG

Half Way around the world

IMG_7179.JPG

IMG_7180.JPG

IMG_7181.JPG

Finally the last Egg was found in Canada

IMG_7182.JPG

Now on to Test Track and my winning car 1st place

IMG_7184.JPG

Now enjoy the ride on Test Track

Seanual757

Original Poster
Your daughters donut is as big as her face!!! :hilarious: Again your pics are phenomenal! Love the one with the monorail coming over the water. The eggstravagana looks so fun, I've never heard of it before.

Thanks that is what I told her too :) It's fun we discovered it a few years ago when we started staying for Spring Break it's fun for the kids and adults.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom