Trip Report Spring Break 2017 POLLY (DVC)

March 2017 @ Polynesian Resort (DVC)  

Kick off to our annual Spring Break Disney trip (2017)

Dates: 03/19/2017-03/25/19
Guests: 6 (2 Adults, 4 Kids) 2 Rooms
Quick Service Meal plan
ADR: Ohana Character Breakfast 3/20/17

Saturday: Animal Kingdom: FP (Expedition Everest & Kali River Rapids)
Monday- MK FP morning (Winnie the Pooh, 7DMT, BTM)
Tuesday-Epcot FP evening (Meet Disney Pals, Test Track)
Wednesday-MK FP morning (7DMT, BTM, Meet Characters)
Thursday-DHS FP Evening (Disney Jr, TSM, Tower of Terror)
Friday-Open
Saturday- Check out
**We will head to Blizzard Beach and Typhoon lagoon during our stay they are part of our AP’s**

-Magic Mands should arrive this week (shipped last week)

hotel-exterior.jpg

a001.JPG

Seanual757

Original Poster
Day 5 (Thursday) of our Spring Break 2017 Trip Cont...

IMG_7502.JPG

IMG_7505.JPG

IMG_7507.JPG

IMG_7508.JPG

IMG_7509.JPG

Home @ Poly time to head over to grab some breakfast. After breakfast the kids wanted to hit the pool for a few hours so we did around 1pm the weather started to roll in and the lifeguards closed the Lava Pool because of thunder and lightning.

IMG_7511.JPG

IMG_7516.JPG

IMG_7517.JPG

IMG_7518.JPG

IMG_7519.JPG

Seanual757

Original Poster
Day 5 (Thursday) of our Spring Break 2017 Trip Cont...

Back to the room while it rained for the next 20 minutes before deciding to head to the park.

Today we were supposed to head to DHS but the family decided not to and since DVC hooked us up with 6 FP for any ride except (7DMT, and Peter pan) . We also realized we did not get our kitchen sink yet so why not. Today was a good day to head on over use up the FP’s from DVC. (BTM x2, Space mountain x2, Buzz, and Mermaid).

Once we were done with the rides it was time to hit up Plaza Ice Cream Parlor for our “Kitchen Sink” my 2.5 year old love it I swear she ate half the ice cream.

IMG_7524.JPG
IMG_7533.JPG
IMG_7534.JPG
.. ..

Back @ Poly for the evening we decided to relax eat dinner @ Capt Cooks

Going to have to try and grill one day love this area nice and relaxing.
IMG_7555.JPG

IMG_7572.JPG

Alyssa and Daddy oh and Buzz too

Last edited:

Seanual757

Original Poster
That kitchen sink looks YUMMY:hungry: Your TR is making me very excited for our trip to the Poly in a couple months!!

It was my wife and kids were talking about it last night we need to get one next weekend when we go.

Cool glad you are enjoying it Poly is an amazing resort.

Seanual757

Original Poster
Day 6 (Friday) of our Spring Break 2017 Trip

Aloha and happy Friday our last day @ Poly we absolutely love this resort. We decided last March during spring break we took the tour of the Bungalows and we fell in love with the them and the resort itself. We wanted to add onto our DVC we purchased during Spring Break 2015 (VGF) and felt we needed more points since we stay 4-6 times a year. Since VGF was sold out we decided after the tour to purchase Poly before the rates went up so as you can see we added a 2nd home to our DVC for the next 50 years.

So with that we have two favorite resorts VFG and Poly. We loved the relaxed atmosphere, the scenery is breath taking the resort reminds us of Hawaii that might be the reason why we love it so much.

After 4 trips to the MK we totally forgot to get our photo in front of the castle so after breakfast the wife wanted to head over for a quick photo before heading home.

So with the quick photo in the books we went back to Poly to check out but we still had 25 snack credits, and 4 meals to redeem good thing for us we only live 20 minutes away from Disney.

So this ends our 2017 Spring Break trip, the sad news is that it’s over the good news is we will be back in 2 weeks for hit the parks, and our next stay is July 4th Weekend @ AKL to celebrate July 4th and our 3rd daughters birthday @ Cinderella’s Royal Table, and then again in October @ AKL for my 2nd oldest daughters Birthday and she wants to celebrate @ Ohana.

So I will leave you with some photos of Poly enjoy and Mahalo.

Photos from my morning stroll @ Polly to capture the empty resort at day break.

IMG_7579.JPG

IMG_7580.JPG

IMG_7581.JPG

IMG_7582.JPG

IMG_7583.JPG

IMG_7584.JPG

IMG_7586.JPG

IMG_7587.JPG

IMG_7588.JPG

IMG_7589.JPG

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
WOW! 25 leftover snack credits!! We will likely have a handful of them left on our last day and we plan to blow them at the confectionery on Main Street our last day. 25 Mickey shaped rice krispies treats sounds a bit overkill though :hilarious:

Seanual757

Original Poster
WOW! 25 leftover snack credits!! We will likely have a handful of them left on our last day and we plan to blow them at the confectionery on Main Street our last day. 25 Mickey shaped rice krispies treats sounds a bit overkill though :hilarious:

Yep and we used 5 Friday morning @ the MK (5- Mickey Pretzels w/ cheese), and 2 @ noon for the Pineapple swirl floats @ Poly, so we started the day with 32 in all.

mlegerto

Amazing photos! Thank you for sharing and taking us along on your adventure.

What are your thoughts on the new MK welcome show compared the the train station one?

That Kitchen Sink looks A-MAZE-ING. I want one RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! I absolutely love the Poly so I completely understand why you added points into your DVC membership here. It is such a beautiful place.

Holy snacks Batman!!! You can live off that for a good few days LOL

MySmallWorldof4

Day 6 (Friday) of our Spring Break 2017 Trip "FINAL Set of pics"

View attachment 197214

View attachment 197215

View attachment 197219

Our left over snack credits, our drinks we brought home, and not pictured are the 4 meals (Hawaiian flat bread, Caesar salad, chicken nuggets, Thai meatballs)

View attachment 197216

View attachment 197217

View attachment 197218

Incase you missed the videos here are all of them to see.

Poly Room 1119 room tour

Disney Fireworks @ Poly

Test Track

BTM Full Video

BTM in 13 seconds

7DMT Full video

7DMT in 8 seconds

Poly to MK on the Monorail in 37 seconds

TTC to Epcot on the Monorail in 32 seconds

MK opening Ceremony

Poly sounds of Hawaii

Does the couch open into a bed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom