Splash Mountain fall refurbishment 2017

Yert3

The mountain may have been painted but the flume hasn’t, looks filthy..
Yeah, it is strange. I was thinking earlier today that it's so weird that Disney goes above and beyond to keep some parts of the parks clean, but don't even try in other areas. For example, Main street is always immaculate, no matter what. There's always custodial and they power wash the pavement when the park is closing, every single night. Now, there are places in the park visible to guests that look like they haven't been touched in years. First thing that comes to mind is the edge of Space Mountain when you're on the TTA. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, here is a picture.

dirty space.jpg

Now, It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but it's completely filthy and in direct view of guests. Space Mountain was just repainted after what seems to be years of looking grungey. I don't know why they couldn't take a few hours to power wash this section. Disney, If you're reading this, I'll do it for free! Just please do it!

COProgressFan

Yeah, it is strange. I was thinking earlier today that it's so weird that Disney goes above and beyond to keep some parts of the parks clean, but don't even try in other areas. For example, Main street is always immaculate, no matter what. There's always custodial and they power wash the pavement when the park is closing, every single night. Now, there are places in the park visible to guests that look like they haven't been touched in years. First thing that comes to mind is the edge of Space Mountain when you're on the TTA. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, here is a picture.

View attachment 239719

Now, It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but it's completely filthy and in direct view of guests. Space Mountain was just repainted after what seems to be years of looking grungey. I don't know why they couldn't take a few hours to power wash this section. Disney, If you're reading this, I'll do it for free! Just please do it!

I've found the Peoplemover tracks, supports, and decorative elements of the buildings in Tomorrowland are usually filthy, and looked like they haven't been cleaned in decades. They need a regular power washing, and they're just not getting it, sadly.

peter11435

I've found the Peoplemover tracks, supports, and decorative elements of the buildings in Tomorrowland are usually filthy, and looked like they haven't been cleaned in decades. They need a regular power washing, and they're just not getting it, sadly.
It's unacceptable really.

It's especially ridiculous because there are literally hundreds of examples across the resort where a small amount of regular cleaning could drastically increase show quality and prevent maintenance issues.

Last edited:

Yert3

View attachment 239719

Continuing this post, I went to MK again today and got some HD video of the part of Space Mountain that they “forgot” to clean.

MaximumEd

We arrive Nov 17th. Hope my most fav ride is back up and running. Even if we miss it on the first day, we have a couple more MK days later in the next week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom