Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignohippo

No one's saying he has to believe it - even though he's ignoring the evidence that's there (that is, that the proposals exist).

However, he has done nothing but attempt to derail this thread and prevent actual, meaningful discussion on a set of expansion proposals that might (or might not) happen. Given the credibility of those who initially shared the in-talks plans, the possibility of these expansions coming to fruition is certainly worth discussing. Instead, we get one guy constantly shouting "the rumors are bogus and here's why my armchair imagineering ideas are better" for 10+ pages instead of actually talking about the potential pros and cons of a Star Wars Land/Cars Land.

And I'm not saying someone can't discuss why (s)he thinks this expansion won't happen. There are certainly lines of reasoning that would lead one to reach that conclusion, and they're worth acknowledging. But Pixie refuses to even acknowledge that the plans are "real," which just creates a huge roadblock to actually having a productive discussion.

I repeat my earlier question - what does Pixie have to gain from trying to convince us these rumors are bogus? You've made your opinion clear. If this doesn't end up panning out, you'll be vindicated. (This doesn't mean that the plans never existed, by the way, it just means they ended up not being approved). Why are you still here? Just leave the thread and let people have their discussion (including the few who haven't clicked the "ignore" button yet.)

Unfortunately, the insiders didn't chime in until many, many pages into his thread and there really hadn't been any "evidence" or insider info before that. The author of this thread even came true and said he only started the thread to flush the truth out.

I believe our insiders 100%, and it's obvious the leaked plans are truly being considered. But, the plan still doesn't make a lot of sense IMHO (in my humble opinion). That's a ton of stuff DHS would lose (especially when there are other options for expansion).

Seems to me it could be a calculated leak to see what attractions are expendable. They spend a ton on market research. Floating out a rumor to gauge fan reaction costs them nothing.

But it's Disney. I never would have believed they'd do something as illogical as the Avatar nonsense either.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Ok, so again you leave a discussion for a while beacuse you do have a life and you come back to ... well ... I don't even know what to call it.

I have 15 pages (at least to catch up) and I'm not sure I'll have enough time, but I did want to take issue with the concept that anyone here would deliberately put out false information in some fanboi-juiced attempt to force Disney's hand. It's absurd, ignorant and nuts.

That doesn't mean you can't get your voice heard and read by some awful high level folks at Disney (and UNI and other companies) by posting here. I know for a FACT that you can. And you can help bring about change by what you post. But no one here -- that I respect (whether we agree or not about most things) -- would ever suggest that any discussion on what Disney should or shouldn't do with a makeover that will cost somewhere between $500 million and $1 billion will be able to sway anyone's minds as to what should or shouldn't be included or how it should happen.

I personally do take great insult at the notion that anyone would think myself or @Lee or @pheneix or @articos etc. etc. would simply make things up or place them out here without vetting them thoroughly. That isn't how you build up real world cred. That isn't how you get taken seriously. It's profoundly ignorant to think we (or Robert Niles for that matter) would ever put something out just to stir things up when we know it isn't true.

I can't guarantee what Disney can do. I think only Iger, Staggs and Rasulo can. ... But I can guarantee that my information is double and triple sourced and takes into account bias and real world conditions. ... Then, I place it out and wait to see what happens.

Captain Chaos

o_O Don't know about you but the first one was great. The sequels, not so much.

Don't want to start debating The Matrix movies, but I fell asleep on the first one (only one other movie ever put me to sleep, Super Troopers) and refused to see the sequels...

With all this Star Wars talk, I think I need to go watch the Harry Potter movies...

ThemeParks4Life

Don't want to start debating The Matrix movies, but I fell asleep on the first one (only one other movie ever put me to sleep, Super Troopers) and refused to see the sequels...

With all this Star Wars talk, I think I need to go watch the Harry Potter movies...
You're not missing out on the sequels, they suck (though the second has it's moments). Back to DHS.

Taylor

Ok, so again you leave a discussion for a while beacuse you do have a life and you come back to ... well ... I don't even know what to call it.

I have 15 pages (at least to catch up) and I'm not sure I'll have enough time, but I did want to take issue with the concept that anyone here would deliberately put out false information in some fanboi-juiced attempt to force Disney's hand. It's absurd, ignorant and nuts.

That doesn't mean you can't get your voice heard and read by some awful high level folks at Disney (and UNI and other companies) by posting here. I know for a FACT that you can. And you can help bring about change by what you post. But no one here -- that I respect (whether we agree or not about most things) -- would ever suggest that any discussion on what Disney should or shouldn't do with a makeover that will cost somewhere between $500 million and $1 billion will be able to sway anyone's minds as to what should or shouldn't be included or how it should happen.

I personally do take great insult at the notion that anyone would think myself or @Lee or @pheneix or @articos etc. etc. would simply make things up or place them out here without vetting them thoroughly. That isn't how you build up real world cred. That isn't how you get taken seriously. It's profoundly ignorant to think we (or Robert Niles for that matter) would ever put something out just to stir things up when we know it isn't true.

I can't guarantee what Disney can do. I think only Iger, Staggs and Rasulo can. ... But I can guarantee that my information is double and triple sourced and takes into account bias and real world conditions. ... Then, I place it out and wait to see what happens.
Yeah it's gotten a little Cu Cu for Cocoa Puffs on here

Yensid1974

And may I say a HUGE thank you for bringing some information to these forums so we can all have fun with some SPIRITed debate!

WDW1974

Original Poster
Ah, technology is MAGICal. Just lost a long post, so going to make this shorter before I wade into all I missed (and sorry to anyone here that I owe an email or PM to, I'll answer as soon as I can).

On the subject of the Muppets, they may stay in their current locale in a new attraction, they may move to another locale in a new attraction or they may leave the park entirely. My gut says it will be choice number two.

I had originally thought that Disney would simply demo everything and start from scratch, but they'll likely repurpose facilities including Mama Melrose's and Pizza Planet. That will help on the costs.

For those who think that the Sharon and Ozzy Lightacular or SWW's were even thought about by anyone in Glendale or Burbank, I'd just tell you that isn't how things work at Disney. Those decisions are dealt with operationally by George and Dan and their people. They simply work with what they given.

Oh, and I know @articos has handled this but I really must reiterate that NONE of these plans involve moving or expanding the park's basic footprint. No ridiculous theories of the park or part moving across World Drive or into the main parking area etc ...

PhotoDave219

The distinction is that many of us are trying to keep good information out here: Its a proposal thats being considered, nothing more at the moment.

Some took that as gospel, throwing out alleged specifics of what they saw and people RAN with it, fully off the cliff.

And Some of the more high-on-pixie-dust are off in their own delusional world, tin foil hat included, believing god knows what, went straight to the conspiracy well.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

The vast majority of us greatly appreciate you guys for sharing your info with us.:). Thanks.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Oops, and so afraid I'll lose what I post that I forgot an important point namely that this makeover will be handled very much like DCA's was. It will be spread over 4-5 years and not finished before 2018.

I am guessing the big construction years will be 2015 onward, but that is an educated guess ...no more, no less.

And as to where the Fantasmic update stands with this, the answer is I don't have a clue ...yet.

The Empress Lilly

No one's saying he has to believe it - even though he's ignoring the evidence that's there (that is, that the proposals exist).
*snip*
I understand.
I must admit I've skipped much of the last few dozen pages. This website moves too quickly and there's battle with evil Starbucks to be done!

No, it's just that, when it's fifty against one, I'll side with the one.

I love me an underdog. And a rebel too. Question everything and never take somebody's word for it. Regardless of what authority and the wisdom of the masses say. :)

Great art and great innovation never did come about by adhering to received wisdom. The rebels don't even have to be right - indeed, most rebels end up near a gas station with a board saying 'will work for food'. But it is necessary for a thriving vulture to allow fools and geniuses their breathing space, they are both cut of the same cloth, the difference is never quite clear.

HMF

Oops, and so afraid I'll lose what I post that I forgot an important point namely that this makeover will be handled very much like DCA's was. It will be spread over 4-5 years and not finished before 2018.

I am guessing the big construction years will be 2015 onward, but that is an educated guess ...no more, no less.

And as to where the Fantasmic update stands with this, the answer is I don't have a clue ...yet.
Will the hat removal be around the same time or will that be sooner.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Even better since I was calculating it in Canadian dollars. You'd save a whole 2.50USD right now. ;)

I'll let you know how it is in a few weeks from now.

I know this is a complete side conversation, but where does TDL/TDS fit into all of this? I assume we won't hear much from them as they have their own D23 later on, but they must not be having a field day if WDW is actually receiving multiple additions...

I want a full report!

Don't know where TDR fits in beyond the fact the OLC recently committed to spending almost $2 billion on its two parks through the end of the decade. They are having their own D23 event because it is being sponsored by one or two corporate partners. So, I would doubt that much will be said about those parks in Anaheim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom