Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Chaos

Well, lightbulb had a bit of an advantage there...;)
Oh I know.. it is ok you guys were given wrong information and ran with it... Can't be right all the time... At least you admit when you are given wrong info.. others just pout, stomp their feet, and continue to demand insider cred when they don't have insider info at all LOL... Which is why you, 74, marni, and only a few others can be trusted... :)

Obviously, my post was not meant to disrespect...

Funmeister

Sorcery in the Sky did a pretty good job of keeping people if it was not for having to shut down half of the park. The telephone booth on the roof was pretty cool too.

John

Duck in......Duck out... About SW, Jason71.....Star Tours 2.0 is just one ride. Why would anybody think it should be enough to drive attendance? As everyone else (SShindle) has mentioned make this land like nothing else. Make it as immersive as any land could ever be. Don't skmp....Don't value imagineer.....Don't short change it. IMO IF this rumor is true ( which I believe it has a long way to go to convince me ) they only have one shot at it. If they trip and screw it up.....its a mistake that will last a very long time.

I still for the life of me don't get NFL. It was supposed to be a people eater and it hasn't done that. Wait till the kiddie coaster is done? OK......I will give you that. But I still don't see the point. MK never had a problem to begin with. I also with the advantage of being this far into the project that a staged out openings for FL is/was a mistake.

As far as SW is concerned. Its up to TWDC....They have the right IP.....do they want to go all in? DO you want to take WDW to another level? People love movies.....People love SW. If TWDC wants to hit a home run....they need to throw caution to the wind.....open the pocket book and let the imaginers do their job. Iger do you want to go out with a bang.....you want to leave a legacy. Here is your chance. If they build one ride and a resturant/merch location. They will just pi#$ people off. CL? How can you justify anything less then what you just did in Cali.?

Now we have more confirmation from another reliable source that there are plans to redo DHS.... I am not doubting these reliable people.....I just don't believe in Disney. Avatar......Star Wars.....Cars land.....all at once not to mention other projects at DHS......forgive me for being skeptical. They are changing a philosophy they have modeled for almost two decades. Changing this philosophy while spending over a Billion on another project they have no idea when they will/if ever see a ROI. I haven't heard no mention of budgets for all of this. I understand why.... as we have no idea what these projects will consist of. But just for spit balling purposes the budgets for something this big would make NG seem minor. Does this sound like Disney? Didn't we hear they wanted to build two more ships? I hate even remotely agreeing with Mr. Pixiesdustsnorter but I just for the life of me can not see ALL of this happening. And for the sake of conversation....if they do green light it the build time will be ridicules.... The fiftieth sounds about right.

PhotoDave219

Oh I know.. it is ok you guys were given wrong information and ran with it... Can't be right all the time... At least you admit when you are given wrong info.. others just pout, stomp their feet, and continue to demand insider cred when they don't have insider info at all LOL... Which is why you, 74, marni, and only a few others can be trusted... :)

Obviously, my post was not meant to disrespect...

Which is why I think a lot of us are trying to temper the current Star Wars enthusiasm. Everyone gets bad info from sources from time to time.

lazyboy97o

If you're so convinced these rumors aren't true (which it's increasingly looking like they are), leave the thread. What do you have to gain from trying to convince people they aren't real? Serious question.
Or better, will he go into exile if this is announced?

dhall

Makes the thread a lot easier to read, doesn't it?
I'm actually finding it easier to leave the troll off the ignore list. Previous trolls get so completely suppressed that you read a lot of one-sided conversations because there's no way to easily see that a message is feeding him. By leaving the troll unignored, all responses to him that include a quote are a lot easier to skip (they're harder to identify otherwise)

Captain Chaos

Which is why I think a lot of us are trying to temper the current Star Wars enthusiasm. Everyone gets bad info from sources from time to time.
Which is very true... I always said WDW fans are their own worst enemy.. They get themselves hyped up only to be constantly let down by poor management... Always have to temper expectations...

There is nothing wrong with discussing possible offerings however... Just as long as no one expects any Star Wars or Cars Land announcements now or at D23... I understand what you are saying completely... I learned my lesson with TDO and Disney management in general.. They do not care about guests or the public, only their bottom line... When people realize Disney will do what Disney will do for Disney's benefit, and not the fan community, or when people stop expecting Disney to raise the bar or to, you know, BE DISNEY, then fans will be so much better off... Too bad they don't have methadone clinics for pixie dust addicts...

lentesta

Premium Member
I can't imagine the facades for the Osborne Lights would be too costly to reproduce elsewhere (still suggesting behind RnRC). It's probably difficult to quantify how much revenue they generate, but they are certainly wildly popular. I believe they were the highest rated attraction at DHS across all age groups according to Touring Plans polls, not sure of @lentesta can verify.

They are indeed.

nytimez

I'm actually finding it easier to leave the troll off the ignore list. Previous trolls get so completely suppressed that you read a lot of one-sided conversations because there's no way to easily see that a message is feeding him. By leaving the troll unignored, all responses to him that include a quote are a lot easier to skip (they're harder to identify otherwise)

Nah, it's more fun using ignore - it's like watching people shout at an invisible lunatic. Great fun.

Goofyernmost

I have absolutely no "insider" information. I have to wait like everyone else to see what gets done or doesn't get done. My feeling is that Disney needs to wake up and soon. Uni may never get the numbers to match what Disney does, but they don't have the luxury of space, space and more space. Still, I firmly believe due to personal experience and my circle of friends that until recently would have dismissed Uni as a wanna be without the skill to build awe inducing attractions. Sorry, but they have proven that little thought completely wrong.

To be hugely successful, Uni doesn't have to do as well, numbers wise, that Disney does. Their overall expense isn't anywhere near WDW just because of the vastness of the place. Size isn't always a blessing.

I think that spending that much (and more) to bring WDW back to it's original magic, is not only desirable but absolutely necessary. Not so much for today, but, for the future health of the place. Over the last 40 years WDW has ridden on the coat tails of a man that has been dead even longer then that. His enormous reputation for quality and added value is what brought all those people to the place. They knew that they weren't going to be disappointed because Uncle Walt said they wouldn't. And they weren't disappointed, because it started out with that same philosophy. As time has passed Walt's grasp on the company has slowly become a nuisance to management. Whatever has been done with Disney Co. since Walts death has been their influence and no one elses. Some shared Walt Disney's obsession with quality and offering more then you expect, others know that now it is just a big corporation that's has to answer solely to the stockholders. They have nothing to lose, it's not their money. They have contracts that guarantee that no matter how much they screw up, they will still get a large chunk of whatever cash is available. Nothing will make them recoil faster then hearing "That's not the way Walt would do it". Frankly they don't care. Walt is dead and this is their toy now and only a means to get personally wealthy.

Many of today's guests, and almost all of the future guests have no direct connection to Walt Disney. He's just the guy holding Mickeys hand in front of the castle, nothing more. They have let Uni get the upper hand to the extent that they will indeed take more away from WDW. They may never reach the numbers that Disney currently has, but, WDW may never get those number again either. The public is fickle. With no personal connection to the leader of the company, they don't feel any special need for loyalty. They will go wherever they are entertained and impressed by. As the magic declines over time, that fierce need that people have to go back again and again will also decline.

Due to the structure of the company now, I am skeptical about any talk of huge outlaying of money to come. All the folks that are making the decision right now, will be retired or moved on before all the bad happens. They really don't care. It's just a job to them, not an intense drive to achieve dreams and make it happen. You have no idea how much I hope I'm wrong...but, years of neglect does not have me all prickly about what will happen down the road. They seem to have the forward vision of Mr. Magoo.

PhotoDave219

Due to the structure of the company now, I am skeptical about any talk of huge outlaying of money to come. All the folks that are making the decision right now, will be retired or moved on before all the bad happens. They really don't care. It's just a job to them, not an intense drive to achieve dreams and make it happen. You have no idea how much I hope I'm wrong...but, years of neglect does not have me all prickly about what will happen down the road. They seem to have the forward vision of Mr. Magoo.

You summed it up succinctly in this last paragraph. That describes the outward appearance of Disney's management culture.

spaceghost

Why, thank you. I do my best.:)

As always, I try to provide what information I have in a timely and accurate manner.
Things change, sometimes multiple times, but I never knowingly spread false info. Everything is accurate at the time it is posted.

As I said earlier, it's Disney. They could do a 360 and announce a giant UP! land for AK and Wal-E at MK.
But right now...the plan discussed here is "reasonably close" (a source's words) to what is moving forward at the moment.

Wait. What? Are these things options?!?!?! ;)

Ignohippo

Well maybe they should offer more merch that either 1) cannot be already bought at Target 2) is directed at fans of the films (did the fans demand a storm trooper bowling set?) and 3) doesn't have a shoehorned Disney character tie in ...

Why does Potter merch sell? Because it enables fans to immerse themselves in movie accurate (mostly) items.

I absolutely love this post. The fact that Star Tours (while a great upgrade) is a twenty year old attraction probably doesn't help.

If TDO goes for broke and does a completely immersive SW land (as good or better than Potter), then the area will be a huge success for decades. If TDO goes conservative, then it'll be a huge miss.

While I'd love to see a full SW land, I'd rather see them do it in stages rather than have them half it just to get something open and value engineer it. A cantina restaurant and an E-ticket isn't enough unless it's only the first stage.

Captain Chaos

Well maybe they should offer more merch that either 1) cannot be already bought at Target 2) is directed at fans of the films (did the fans demand a storm trooper bowling set?) and 3) doesn't have a shoehorned Disney character tie in ...

Why does Potter merch sell? Because it enables fans to immerse themselves in movie accurate (mostly) items.
Lou Mongello bashing Disney and praising Uni? Oh wait, this is Sue Vongello, the person who lives in the real world.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom