Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor

Nobody had me snowed. If you check back you'll see that I wrote that Transformers was coming and that it wasn't a year-round haunt. Now I'm saying, as of now. these rumors are accurate.
Can you say the details about the Star Wars E-ticket
and anything about an extra non-cars Pixar ride?

Sneezy62

Based on Magic Your Way (MYW) ticket pricing structure, most guests appear to be done with WDW after 4 days. The incremental cost of 5 days and beyond is only $10/day, a pittance compared to the first 4 days which average $84.50/day for park hoppers.

Just pondering how 4 days at WDW might be spent by a hypothetical guest: 1 ½ days at MK, 1 day at Epcot, ½ day at DAK, ½ day at DHS, ½ day for miscellaneous (e.g. DTD, TL, BB, etc.).

What’s your opinion? Will the rumored DHS changes cause guests to extend their WDW vacations or simply steal time away from other WDW locations? Are both DHS and DAK (Avatar) upgraded needed to get guests to extend their stays?

Just throwing this out there. Does a 4 day guest even consider DTD or the water parks? To answer your question I doubt very much that simply replacing some rides and shows at DHS and adding a long overdue land to DAK are going to change how most casual visitors see WDW. It's still going to be east coast Disneyland with some other stuff. Cannibalize, but not MK. I guess it'll just cause the casual visitor to decide to spend a full day at one or the other or give up a half day at Epcot. Avatar could also cannibalize KS and the minor shows resulting in little to no net gain for DAK. I just don't see how this changes the way the casual 4 day visitor goes to WDW. They go to see the castle.

The Empress Lilly

If the plans are going to "evolve" between now and the greenlight, then I doubt that they'd be announced at D23. I don't think Burbank would cancel plans of this magnitude if somebody "leaked" them as part of a convoluted powerplay at Disney. It is very vague to say, "there are plans", these can change and it might not happen . . . I don't see any solid "facts" here.
I, for one, appreciate your thinking for yourself, and your stubborn refusal to accept anything as gospel without tangible evidence. ('Irrespective' and 'regardless' of my personal thoughts about the rumoured facts ;) )

I don't understand why some people here behave like a schoolyard mob. Find somebody with a minority position, then insult him because...well...because he is subjected to insults so it is the thing to do. And the others are doing it too, so it is fine.

Skip

I, for one, appreciate your thinking for yourself, and your stubborn refusal to accept anything as gospel without tangible evidence. ('Irrespective' and 'regardless' of my personal thoughts about the rumoured facts ;) )

I don't understand why some people here behave like a schoolyard mob. Find somebody with a minority position, then insult him because...well...because he is subjected to insults so it is the thing to do. And the others are doing it too, so it is fine.

No one's saying he has to believe it - even though he's ignoring the evidence that's there (that is, that the proposals exist).

However, he has done nothing but attempt to derail this thread and prevent actual, meaningful discussion on a set of expansion proposals that might (or might not) happen. Given the credibility of those who initially shared the in-talks plans, the possibility of these expansions coming to fruition is certainly worth discussing. Instead, we get one guy constantly shouting "the rumors are bogus and here's why my armchair imagineering ideas are better" for 10+ pages instead of actually talking about the potential pros and cons of a Star Wars Land/Cars Land.

And I'm not saying someone can't discuss why (s)he thinks this expansion won't happen. There are certainly lines of reasoning that would lead one to reach that conclusion, and they're worth acknowledging. But Pixie refuses to even acknowledge that the plans are "real," which just creates a huge roadblock to actually having a productive discussion.

I repeat my earlier question - what does Pixie have to gain from trying to convince us these rumors are bogus? You've made your opinion clear. If this doesn't end up panning out, you'll be vindicated. (This doesn't mean that the plans never existed, by the way, it just means they ended up not being approved). Why are you still here? Just leave the thread and let people have their discussion (including the few who haven't clicked the "ignore" button yet.)

openendedsky

30,000 people for the largest Star Wars event in the galaxy (sorry, couldn't help myself), with legit celebrities, not teenage Aunt Beru or cartoon voice actors.

This past Saturday was considered an unseasonably slow day at MK because "only" 24,000 people were in the park.

I stand by my point, a lot of the crowd at SWW every year is the same CMs and Star Ward fanbois who come year after year. I have a friend in the 501st who flies in from San Francisco like clockwork, knows plenty of 501st who do the same. Grinding up another sacred cow for hamburger here, but I can only compare SWW to the Adventurers Club (and not just because many, many SWW regulars were AdvClub regulars). Any given night, AdvClub had only a fraction of the guests in 8-Traxx or Mannequins--but it was also the only club with a line all day when it closed. A hard-core fan base with a strong online presence often can seem bigger than it is.

The lines for Star Tours and Tatooine Traders 48 weekends out of the year just don't show a huge pent-up demand for more Star Wars.

Supporting @sshindel 's post, there probably would be more lines for Star Wars related merch if there were more than just a simulator dedicated to the franchise within the parks. If there were a whole area, people would have more reason to come back to the park on days other than Star Wars Weekends.

Sue_Vongello

The lines for Star Tours and Tatooine Traders 48 weekends out of the year just don't show a huge pent-up demand for more Star Wars.

Well maybe they should offer more merch that either 1) cannot be already bought at Target 2) is directed at fans of the films (did the fans demand a storm trooper bowling set?) and 3) doesn't have a shoehorned Disney character tie in ...

Why does Potter merch sell? Because it enables fans to immerse themselves in movie accurate (mostly) items.

openendedsky

Well maybe they should offer more merch that either 1) cannot be already bought at Target 2) is directed at fans of the films (did the fans demand a storm trooper bowling set?) and 3) doesn't have a shoehorned Disney character tie in ...

Why does Potter merch sell? Because it enables fans to immerse themselves in movie accurate (mostly) items.
This pretty much hit the nail on the head, especially the bold. I like Mickey. I love Star Wars. I don't like Mickey as a Jedi.

articos

Wasn't there a plan/proposal/idea to use WWOS for cast parking and shuttle them to the studios? No idea where I heard that, though, so may have just been some fanbois' armchair imagineering.
Yes, and I believe that's a current overflow plan for DHS. If they wanted to bring it closer, there is buildable land off Victory.

Captain Chaos

Nobody had me snowed. If you check back you'll see that I wrote that Transformers was coming and that it wasn't a year-round haunt. Now I'm saying, as of now. these rumors are accurate.
You weren't... but other insiders here were... They were taking a stand that SS44 was to be a year round haunt despite evidence to the contrary... They were snowed...

As far as an expanded Star Wars area, bring it on... WOW me Disney... WOW me like you used to... You haven't WOW'D me in years... You lost me... Win me back... I dare you.. I double dare you.. No.. I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU!!!!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Well, that right there rounds out just about every respected insider saying they are hearing that (as of now) this thing is happening in some form. I'm not booking my plane tickets to D23 based off of this, but my degree of confidence is high based on these folks.

yoyoflamingo

Good to see another confirmation. Now, to add fuel to the fire, what is your info re: Muppets, if you can share.

Figments Friend

I'm not sure they will clone the ride exactly -- the weather argument is a valid one -- but I still hope they put up the cool-looking rockwork of Radiator Springs... one of the real attractions of Cars Land is how freaking awesome it looks at night. I can imagine that many guests would feel the same way, and want to spend time (and money) strolling around the area at night -- precisely what they are NOT doing right now at DHS.

Agree.
Having some nice eye candy like that will be a plus, even if a slightly smaller version ends up happening.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
With all this talk of half day parks and keeping guests in parks and on the rides it seems that one thing that is overlooked, if I am not mistaken is this. Disney doesn't want us in the parks all day and night sitting on rides. They want us in their hotels and eating 3 meals a day on property and buying souvenirs. It seems more logical from a business perspective to have people eat their dinner and get out because from that point on it is just an operating expense.

The longer you keep people in the parks the more likely they are spend money. Of the evenings I have spent in the parks I can't think of one where I didn't buy some additional food item after dinner. Far to many temptations in the park to pass them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom