Spirited News and Observations and Opinions ...

Goofyernmost

I had much the same reaction to BOS, the latest management fad, when it first started making the rounds.

Every few years a new management fad comes along. Stealing from the June 16, 1995 Dilbert:

Pointy-haired boss: “I’ve decided to make some changes to our corporate culture.”​
Wally: “Let me guess what that means.”​
Wally: “We’ll work longer hours without extra pay …”​
Wally: “Your management style will remain exactly the same because lord knows there’s no need for you to change.”​
Dilbert: “We’ll start calling ourselves a ‘team’ so it doesn’t seem like work!”​
Alice: “I predict there will be vapid slogans printed on notepads and maybe some useless meetings.”​
Dilbert: “She’s psychic.”​
Dilbert: “Is it just me or is the culture already changing?”​
Wally: “I feel it! We’re changing!”​
Wally: “What’s next on the fad menu?”​
Pointy-haired boss: “I wonder if it’s too late to rule by fear.”​

After reading last week’s letter to Rep. Markey, does anyone doubt this is the current corporate culture under the Iger regime?

Every time one comes along, it's treated as a new religion, embraced by the same zealots who were proponents of the previous management fad. Give it 10 years and BOS will be viewed as woefully antiqued thinking.

In the end, there is no substitute for innovation and inspirational leadership. It seems current Disney management desperately lacks both.
Could it be said the one of the most dangerous habits of a manager is reading? A natural manager doesn't have time for new management theories, they are too busy managing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom