Spirited News and Observations and Opinions ...

Cosmic Commando

Here in Palm Springs a swimming pool actually froze over.
I caught some below average temps for November when I was in the Palm Springs area in November... it was in like the 40's at night. I hadn't had any cold weather yet at home so that was my first taste for the year. It was too cold to be outside even with winter coats and gloves on! If I was in 40 degrees right now, I'd be in shorts just about!

Californian Elitist

I was also there for the "June Gloom" before... the news people made it sound like it wasn't even worth getting out of bed!

It really isn't worth it, though. When the clouds are gray and ugly, it just ruins the entire mood. Everything is just blah... It's different when there's sunshine with a blue sky. You feel happy and content. When it's raining/overcast/gloomy, it's the exact opposite. Might as well stay inside and watch something.

Disneyhead'71

Well, here in Orlando it's 45 with a wind chill/humidity index making it feel 40. I have been working outside since 4am (6:04am now) this morning and I think that's cold but tolerable. I'm dressed for it.

articos

As someone who split time between coasts from 2001-2008 (and was there plenty from the late 90s on and since), I am not blind to the 'issues' of SoCal. I had never had a homeless person come up to me and ask for money until I visted DL in 1990 and went for a meal at McD's across the street. ... It took me a few years to actually realize how close (and beautiful) the mountains were because they couldn't be seen due to smog. ... And while I actually am in the entertainment/media business, I am not all that thrilled when my barista at the Starbucks in Redondo wants to tell me about their script or the waitress at Mimi's Cafe in Los Feliz wants me to know what a great actress she is.

What SoCal has that SoFla lacks is simple though: easy accesss to mountains, deserts, Las Vegas, Coachella Valley and much shorter plane flights to Hawaii, Alaska and anywhere I want to go in Asia.

Oh, and it definitely has a better climate.
It's the inane conversations day in and day out. Yes, I love the mountains - could care less about the beach - but it takes forever to get anywhere, more than half the people are nuts and I actually like having a bit of weather. Call me crazy, too. There's lots to love about Southern California, but it's not my cup of tea. However, it is where my center of gravity is, so it's where I am. I couldn't live in SoFla either, though - too hot and humid.

Longhairbear

I caught some below average temps for November when I was in the Palm Springs area in November... it was in like the 40's at night. I hadn't had any cold weather yet at home so that was my first taste for the year. It was too cold to be outside even with winter coats and gloves on! If I was in 40 degrees right now, I'd be in shorts just about!
I am in shorts here , year round. It's the desert, and we get cold here. But it's nice to have the fireplace going nightly, and smelling the other fireplaces in our ' hood beltching Duraflames, and real wood.
I'd love a DVC villa with a fireplace.

DocMcHulk

Didn't know where to post so I guess this the place for observations, we spoke earlier about oz and word of mouth is the test screenings are a little below ok, but the movie Planes is testing thru the roof, better than either cars films, so keep an eye out they are test screening in the Midwest in the coming weeks and from the way things are looking this could be a hit, the film is testing higher than Ralph. So keep your eyes open for test screenings and look for a big push from disney
I suppose you couldnt get me into a midwest screening, could ya? lol

Cody5242

Didn't know where to post so I guess this the place for observations, we spoke earlier about oz and word of mouth is the test screenings are a little below ok, but the movie Planes is testing thru the roof, better than either cars films, so keep an eye out they are test screening in the Midwest in the coming weeks and from the way things are looking this could be a hit, the film is testing higher than Ralph. So keep your eyes open for test screenings and look for a big push from disney
So OZ might turnout to be a bust in storytelling and boxoffice wise?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom