Spectro Magic to return in March 2013

lebeau

I don't disagree with the classification, however anyone that has read more than 5 posts from wdw1974 knows the amount of veiled negativity that was in his post....

that's all I'm sayin

I think they also know enough to recognize "snark" when they see it.

asianway

This reminds of me of all the "excitement" of bringing back Captain Eo...

Sure, let's pat Disney on the back for pulling stuff out of the archives without any effort to actually build on top of what they already did.. or as in most cases.. actually they trim back what they did before and hope no one notices?? (lasers in Eo... parade units in parades..).

Forget praising bringing back Spectro... bring in a NEW PARADE!!! Heck, be Disney-1990s and at least recycle Spectro and make something new and improved. Not Disney-2000s and say 'Hey, lets drag out the old stuff, prop it up so it can stand on its own, and call it retro!"
Like, oh, Dreamlights? The thing is already developed, so all those costs would be saved.

What would the hard costs be? $1.1B?

PeoplemoverTTA

Those of us that only get there once a year (sometimes not every year) want to see our old favorites. I would LOVE to see a new night parade with cutting-edge effects, but also want to see MSEP!! Change, no matter how exciting, is hard at the same time.

The irony in that is a new parade with modern technology, great showmanship and amazing music would become the "new" classic that your kids remember down the line. If you want to continually see your old favorites, watch YouTube.

I want a balance of cutting-edge, "new" classic entertainment and attractions from WDW with plussed "true" classics like Haunted Mansion (which only gets better, sans the new queue).

etwtec

Indeed. Like I've said some have been back and forth to parade storage quite recently.

Biggest question is, What can we expect when it returns? The exact same way it was on its last night before MSEP? Or changes? And if changes, to what extent? LEDS? New Music? New lineup? Maaaybe a new float? Costume changes?

I do not know why but I am expecting the Spectromen to change in some way... And, don't hate me for saying this lol, but I would not mind if the Trumpet float gets cut... Either that or fixed, updated. Every time the Spectromen moved the trumpets they banged around and made noises lol.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Biggest question is, What can we expect when it returns? The exact same way it was on its last night before MSEP? Or changes? And if changes, to what extent? LEDS? New Music? New lineup? Maaaybe a new float? Costume changes?
Electrical work was performed on several floats at parade storage, but I doubt it was for much. Don't expect miracles.

backinaction

I do not know why but I am expecting the Spectromen to change in some way... And, don't hate me for saying this lol, but I would not mind if the Trumpet float gets cut... Either that or fixed, updated. Every time the Spectromen moved the trumpets they banged around and made noises lol.

really? I've never noticed that and it's one of my favorite parts of the parade!

wdw71fan

Electrical work was performed on several floats at parade storage, but I doubt it was for much. Don't expect miracles.

there are three floats parked at parade storage.. they all went through a refurb weeks ago.. they have been there since they were used during the last marathon.... Beyond that, everything else is in the tent... Chernabog, Fairy godmothers, lead floats, everything..

Now, for what it's worth.. I was told today that all of the units in the tent will be moved to parade storage soon for refurb!!

midwest_mice

I enjoy any night time parade but especially Spectro. I first saw MSEP at California Adventure Park in '07 and then again the last 3 years at WDW. I still would love to see Spectro at Magic Kingdom and then MSEP over at the Studios.

Maybe I'm just a traditionalist but I'll be sad to see MSEP go away OFF Main Street. :(

I would welcome Spectromagic back, but it would be nice to have some improvements.

wiigirl

I just wish they would upgrade the lighting to LED, they could do so much more.
75.gif

That could be awesome...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom