Spectro Magic to return in March 2013

menamechris

your perception of the mine train couldn't me more wrong.

I am not sure how calling the mine train a kiddie coaster can be THAT far off. Even if you appreciate the theming and details, we know its only going to be a D ticket experience. How exciting is it really going to be to someone over the age of 8? Maybe he should have called it a "pretty kiddie coaster"?

wdw71fan

I am not sure how calling the mine train a kiddie coaster can be THAT far off. Even if you appreciate the theming and details, we know its only going to be a D ticket experience. How exciting is it really going to be to someone over the age of 8? Maybe he should have called it a "pretty kiddie coaster"?

I don't disagree with the classification, however anyone that has read more than 5 posts from wdw1974 knows the amount of veiled negativity that was in his post....

that's all I'm sayin

KJ1081

My BIL is a CM in Fantasyland and he has a show parade audition on the 6th- he wasn't told which parade, but with this rumor it has to be Spectro.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't disagree with the classification, however anyone that has read more than 5 posts from wdw1974 knows the amount of veiled negativity that was in his post....

that's all I'm sayin
He wasn't far from the truth though. Minimal show scenes, landlocked site. Looking at the plans it makes the most of its space but has more queue line than track.

Tigger1988

My BIL is a CM in Fantasyland and he has a show parade audition on the 6th- he wasn't told which parade, but with this rumor it has to be Spectro.
Not really, the Halloween parade seems way more likely. March is 9 months away, there's no need for auditions this early.

Bolna

that's all I'm sayin

So you actually agree that it is going to be a kiddie coaster, but with your post you implied that it was going to be much better just because you found some "veiled negativity" in the correct classification. How is that helpful for anyone?

NewfieFan

The difference, and the blame, lies with management. I don't doubt you that some folks in Florida point to online discussions and fans being satisfied with the product as an excuse not to improve. But that doesn't somehow shift the blame from the decision makers to the small percentage of easily satisfied fans. The point is that California management could use the exact same excuse--but they don't.

Those fans do make it easier for management to justify bad decisions, but they don't mean that the rest of us "deserve" lower quality!

Totally off topic but I just had to quote this...
Thank you!
I get really tired of post after post that blames the guest for the product in Florida! Management can set the bar for us and tell us what we like. When Walt built DL folks weren't asking for a pirate ride but that's what they got... and now it's iconic! WDW can still do the same thing today! Whether or not guests like what WDW is now (or what it's becoming) doesn't change the fact that management can make it better. Even if the blame is put on all the pixie dust sniffers... it still doesn't make it their fault!!!

tirian

That late?

I heard fall 2013 last time I asked. I guess they'll wait until that small scale kiddie coaster opens across from Pooh.

It keeps getting pushed around, from late 2013 to early 2014 and back again.

*** We'll get there when we get there, so stop asking!***

pumpkin7

Ive never seen spectromagic. MSEP has my heart. I was hoping it would still be there as of june next year as i havent seen it in years. unfortunately we had to miss it last time because we had to get back for a pick up because it kept being delayed by rain. Such a shame. Oh well. Hopefully it wont be gone too long ay? Hehe. And i have the music on my ipod.

cslafferty

I love the light parades - when Main Street goes completely dark and you get the first glimps of the floats. And both parades have awesome floats. I just prefer the peppier music of the MSEP to the schmaltzy music of Spectro. My very favorite moment is when all the lights go off and you hear that first chord from the synthesizer . . . just makes me smile from ear to ear!! I would love, however, to see some new light technology brought to WDW in either a totally re-vamped Spectro, or an entirely new parade. Having MSEP come back for a visit periodically would be nice, too! :)

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I always suspected that they switched out parades because of the construction. Spectromagic is pretty bulky and has 5 multi pice units where the electrical parade only has Casey Jr and the Flag, besides that they are all one piece units.

COProgressFan

My problem with that is that the exact same types of people exist with regard to Disneyland. This is true even on Lutz's own site (but admittedly is far, far less common there). Heck, you can see this on Micechat MSEP discussions happening right now! But his site isn't the only Disneyland fan forum, and there are plenty of "Disney Defenders" on other popular Disneyland ones. So if those "Defenders of Mediocrity" were the ones causing things to stagnate, they'd be causing the same thing at Disneyland, too.

The difference, and the blame, lies with management. I don't doubt you that some folks in Florida point to online discussions and fans being satisfied with the product as an excuse not to improve. But that doesn't somehow shift the blame from the decision makers to the small percentage of easily satisfied fans. The point is that California management could use the exact same excuse--but they don't.

Those fans do make it easier for management to justify bad decisions, but they don't mean that the rest of us "deserve" lower quality!

Well stated. Just because there is a small group of guests who are easily amused, and don't mind shelling out big bucks for an inferior product doesn't mean the rest of the guests feel that way. The vast majority of guests are not online discussing WDW, but they certainly may perceive that the place isn't what it used to be.

It's just an excuse for TDO to not actually have to do anything....

Never thought I'd say this but I'm looking forward to Spectro coming back. And this is coming from a true MSEP lover. The MSEP 2.0 version just doesn't do it for me. I miss the original music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom