Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

planet7

Expo_Seeker40 said:
Also picture: EPCOT 0105-268 is NOT of the descent tunnel

Okay EXPO, sorry to have to disagree, but it is the descent tunnel. The proof is in the Unload area, that mysterious glass door. I just checked my photos, and as I suspected, there's no door in that area of Load.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/planet7/ECSpaceshipEntranceLoad08.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/planet7/ECSpaceshipEntranceLoad11.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/planet7/ECSpaceshipEntranceLoad12.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/planet7/ECSpaceshipEntranceLoad13.jpg

G7

planet7

jmaxwell007 said:
so does marni's diagram that he has compiled look correct? 2 spirals down then flattens out and one more to enter the flat descent tunnel?

That I couldn't tell you. I'm not sure of the exact structure and positioning of the spirals. I just remember that we had just begun our descent when I took the photos.

planet7

marni1971 said:
Also, Planet7 has another image from when the ride stopped. It has the news broadcasts infront of his car (where the presenters change) and right above the screen, just visable even when enhanced, could be the outline of the framework that used to hold the red strip lights.

I think that's another structure entirely--like a piece of conduit or something. The red lights weren't visible as a "strip", but as a red glow from a rectangular window.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/planet7/IMG_0990a.jpg

Btw, I think I figured out something else. I think the structure in my "artifact" photo may have held the girl, as we discussed previously, but I think it may be separate from what I've always called the "leading edge" of the spaceship. That would place the structure--and the girl--to the left, as you suggested, and the spaceship directly overhead. I'll see if I can draw that in when I have a chance.

G7

planet7

Expo_Seeker40 said:
:hammer: Whoops lol!

Don't feel bad, it is confusing. You almost had me convinced! :) I was certain I saw the Time Machine on vehicle on that monitor. Maybe they're doing that for the descent now too? Or maybe it's just something else entirely?

G7

Expo_Seeker40

Planet7 I am 90% or so convinced that is the spaceship frame. Reason being when I enhanced it on my computer it had the same shape the three red lights reflected onto it in that position.

It is also at the slope of where the vehicles would be at the time, and the time to see it would be the same time to see it before turning again into another room (this other room siw ehre the floating classroom is just before)

One thing that confuses me though is if that object in your first photo is where the girl was looking out window, which it does how could anyone see the girl? It seemed like it would always be behind the viewer at a backwards left side. :dazzle:

planet7

Expo_Seeker40 said:
Planet7 I am 90% or so convinced that is the spaceship frame. Reason being when I enhanced it on my computer

Yes, it does have roughly the same shape. But I'm almost certain that I recall a piece of conduit or some other structure crossing that space before you get to the spaceship. Also, the spaceship wasn't just an outline, it was an enclosed structure.

Expo_Seeker40 said:
which it does how could anyone see the girl? It seemed like it would always be behind the viewer at a backwards left side. :dazzle:

I honestly don't even remember the girl, and was quite shocked to see her in Martin's video. I think she may have been visible as you approached the downward spiral, rather than once you were riding down it.

G7

bassman

PBarton said:
Just found this site with a few half decent Spaceship Earth evac pictures, is the one that says "some of the unfinished looking walls of Spaceship Earth" a picture of the moon surface? Looks like the vehicles are going back down the slope?

http://www.amusementpics.com/EPCOT/epcot.htm

cool pics i bet its well weird walking domn the downslope.
i think i may use 1 of the M:S night piccs as my new avatar,possibly one of the sign

Expo_Seeker40

OK call me crazy but I got a feeling about this....ever since I saw the footage of the girl looking through the spacestation window in both Martin's perrin and cronkite tribute videos I swear in my mind she was oriental. Why, honestly I couldn't tell you.

Then a crazy thing came into my mind as I was watching the 1994 version tribute video. Could it just be possible that the girl we see on the video monitor with the boy in the contemporary scene be the same girl that was in the window?!

Take into account that both the girls are in a pose with their legs underneath them when they sit. Both have similar haircuts, clothing style outlines, and both would be small enough to fit into the window, let alone they;re both oriental!!!

I feel really dumb typing this, but I have a hunch that why not save an AA and use it elsewhere in the ride and I believe they did. :lookaroun :hammer:

planet7

Expo_Seeker40 said:
I feel really dumb typing this, but I have a hunch that why not save an AA and use it elsewhere in the ride and I believe they did. :lookaroun :hammer:

They frequently re-use AA's, so no, it's not dumb at all.

G7

mayoki

Original Poster
There is a ride through video from 1990 on this site, but I'm not a premium member so I can't view it. Is that the one people are referring to as the Cronkite video? How clear are the space station/satellite/astronauts in it?

http://www.wdwmagic.com/spaceshipearth.htm

By the way, this has been a really fun thread and I had totally forgotten about the space station part, I had just recalled the astronauts and satellite.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
mayoki said:
There is a ride through video from 1990 on this site, but I'm not a premium member so I can't view it. Is that the one people are referring to as the Cronkite video? How clear are the space station/satellite/astronauts in it?

http://www.wdwmagic.com/spaceshipearth.htm

By the way, this has been a really fun thread and I had totally forgotten about the space station part, I had just recalled the astronauts and satellite.
just watched again about an hour ago.... you can see the moon and the girl in the window for a split second.... but that is about it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
planet7 said:
I think that's another structure entirely--like a piece of conduit or something. The red lights weren't visible as a "strip", but as a red glow from a rectangular window.

This is getting fun - but we need someone on the inside to put us out of our misery!

Regarding the red lights, and if this support structure is in planet7`s recent pics, have a look at this:

Attachments

• Red light comparisson.jpg
    Red light comparisson.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 612

joel_maxwell

marni1971 said:
This is getting fun - but we need someone on the inside to put us out of our misery!

Regarding the red lights, and if this support structure is in planet7`s recent pics, have a look at this:
hmmmm, nicely done marni. the bottom pic is from your video correct? i watched again this morning over my cup of coffee at my desk. lol

EDIT: what is the url for disney central.... disneycentral.com? i thought it had a dash in there somewhere...... it looks different or something

Expo_Seeker40

I think that is the skeletal frame for holding the red lights spaceship thingamajigger in my opinionl. Marni and Jmaxwell, since I got planet7's opinion, I was wondering what both of your opinions were on possibly the girl that used to be in the window, being recycled as the girl on the video phone with the boy?

joel_maxwell

Expo_Seeker40 said:
I think that is the skeletal frame for holding the red lights spaceship thingamajigger in my opinionl. Marni and Jmaxwell, since I got planet7's opinion, I was wondering what both of your opinions were on possibly the girl that used to be in the window, being recycled as the girl on the video phone with the boy?
now that you mention it again.... and i watched the 1990 video this morning, i think that you could be correct. i would say that it is a greater chance then not.

i wonder if any CM's are laughing at us speculating etc etc so much... but then i figure, they would chime in and be the hero with the answer. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom