Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
jmaxwell - yep, the first is planet7`s enhanced photo. The second is the same photo with the structure that is visable at full size drawn in. The third is from my 1990 video, and about 5 cars higher up the descent ramp.

DIsney Centrals IRC is discussed in WDWMagics digital media forum. The spin off Disney Central Torrents (easier to use for many) is www.dc-torrents.com

Expo - I`ve said it before, but I couldn`t agree with you more of the girl being a spit for the oriental Horizons girl. Now you mention the Irons videophone girl, I`ll have to agree with you again.

BTW; earlier in this thread there was mention of the suggestion the spacestaion went a lot further than was actually built; like a ring shape. Have a look at the concept for 180-top in the Epcot field guide. Voila!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
biggbird; my MSN group is just a place where I keep my current video list. They are all available at Disney Central IRC, and the newer ones at Bit Torrents too.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
marni1971 said:
jmaxwell - yep, the first is planet7`s enhanced photo. The second is the same photo with the structure that is visable at full size drawn in. The third is from my 1990 video, and about 5 cars higher up the descent ramp.
cool.....

planet7

marni1971 said:
Regarding the red lights, and if this support structure is in planet7`s recent pics, have a look at this:

I didn't thank that was it, but you've convinced me! :sohappy: I really need to go back there now and check all this stuff out.

G7

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
BTW; earlier in this thread there was mention of the suggestion the spacestaion went a lot further than was actually built; like a ring shape. Have a look at the concept for 180-top in the Epcot field guide. Voila!

I just ordered my Epcot field guide....what does the concept art look like?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I can`t scan it since it`s so new, but it shows a panarama of a space space station under construction, horizontally placed across 180 top and stretching into the distance - with forced perspective as if it was a huge ring. Also shows how the Omnis rotate.

goofntink

Talked to my father to see if he remembered what might have happened to the space station during the last rehab. He said if he remembers correctly, they pulled the solar panels, removed the robotic arm and astronaut,and painted everything else left black.

blakesse06

bassman said:
cool pics i bet its well weird walking domn the downslope.
i think i may use 1 of the M:S night piccs as my new avatar,possibly one of the sign
to end the dabate on where these pics were in tthe ride they start at the caveman scene and end at load meaning when these guest were evaced they walked down from caveman through the time tunnel\vortex then down and out the door at load that you see all the cast members walk in and out of on the oppsite side of the cars and yes the space ship is still there in the virtual classroom scene but it is panted black and there is still an anmitronic in it hoever the astronut and the satlite have been removed

Horizons1

So say if I were riding SE and while taking pictures, the flash on my camera accidently went off where the spacestation was. Where would it be best for this accident to happen?

:lookaroun

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Horizons1 said:
So say if I were riding SE and while taking pictures, the flash on my camera accidently went off where the spacestation was. Where would it be best for this accident to happen?

I can`t condone it, but if it did happen, it would be most unfortunate if the camera looked to the right just before you start the descent, but are facing backwards, and also directly behind (forwards) and slightly up just after the first picture.

It wouldn`t be as bad if the cars around you are empty I guess.

Horizons1

marni1971 said:
It wouldn`t be as bad if the cars around you are empty I guess.

Oh dont worry, I would not do something to ruin someones vacation. And besides, there are plenty of times when SE gets somewhat empty. Ya just gotta know when they are...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ve just had word back from George McGinnis, whom I got friendly with discussing Horizons construction.

According to George, there was indeed a spaceship/station built in 180 top. It was installed out of direct guest eyeline, but although this error was pointed out it was never altered. This would explain Planet7`s photos, where you have to look backwards to see it, and why memories of it are sketchy. It was also add weight to the theory the windows with faces were part of such a structure, as discussed earlier.

blakesse06

Expo_Seeker40 said:
I think that is the skeletal frame for holding the red lights spaceship thingamajigger in my opinionl. Marni and Jmaxwell, since I got planet7's opinion, I was wondering what both of your opinions were on possibly the girl that used to be in the window, being recycled as the girl on the video phone with the boy?
the girl in the window of the spaceship is still in there but it is skinned all the acuatours and stuff to run the anmitronic are still in there too i dont think they would use the skin of a anamatronic to make a still figure like that but who knows by the wat this is not the only anamatronic to dissapeer compleatly there usted to be another guy in the gutenburg press scene but he dissapered after the 94 rehab and no one seems to know why but the table he sat up aganst is still there

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
blake, where abouts in the Guttenburg scene?

There is a table and chair on the left foreground as you enter the scene, but this is empty in my Cronkite footage too.

blakesse06

it was not alawase empty a cm at the ride has a postcard of the ride that used to be sold in the gift shops and it has a picture of this scene with the anamatronic in it so there was at one time it could have been taken out at the very first rehab though if he wasnt there in the cronckite footage but i promise this is true the cm with the post card has worked there for over 17 years and is a big collector off early disney stuff he took us all up there one sunday night after close and showed us the scene and the postard. we were all amazed at how much more well proprsoned the scene looked with it there the weird thing is though we crossed over through one of the cars to the scene and you cant even see any indcation on the floor in that area where it once stood so they sure did do a good job taking it out.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yep - here ya go. Interesting - he was gone by 1990 at the latest...

Possibly he was too close to the ride vehicles?

Attachments

• 50051[1].jpg
    50051[1].jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 590

Expo_Seeker40

I can't wait to see these pictures of the space station mysertious window girl when anyone gets a go. :cool:

BTW if anything of the satelite were to exist, I wonder if it could have been some large skinny pieces I thought I saw straight ahead of me as we were just heading down the slope. Earth was to my right and this object was straight ahead behind the moon rock sets.

OMG the spacestation girl is skinned and only her inner stuff is left?! FREAKY!!!!

Why paint over the space station. It seemed to me it was and is such a general idea of the future that the virtual classroom would have been fine to coexist in this scene, cause now I think I am falling into a moon crater only to swept across the path of communication into the realm of today LOL.

Horizons1

Well, I went, I rode, and I did not get the photo. I messed up on the camera so nothing came out. There is a good chance I will be heading back up Thursday, so I will try again then.

I'm not going to give up on this! Its become far too interesting...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom