Something Happening at Finding Nemo: The Musical?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Its not a bad show at all. Its just long

.....nnnnnnah. A majority of the Disney broadway-style theme park shows are between 30 and 45 minutes.. A full length broadway musical is normally two hours, you do know this right? ;)

Examples if you dont believe me.

Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage - 30 minutes
Festival of the Lion King - 30 minutes
Finding Nemo the Musical - 40 minutes
Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular - 45 minutes
Frozen: Live at the Hyperion! - 55 minutes

These are the 5 biggest scale musicals that Disney has produced.. And nemo is only in the middle when it comes to length. It's actually a very short show, from a theatrical point of view. So no. It's not "just long." It's just too long for YOU! It's not a fact, it's just another opinion. :)

tumblr_nyyemtuvtv1qcu3ieo1_400.gif
tumblr_nyyemtUVTv1qcu3ieo2_400.gif

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You are out of your mind. FOTLK is the number 1 live show at Disney, period! Nemo is a bore and too long, after 10 minutes im ready to leave. And isn't nemo played by a woman? I thought it was a boy in the movie
Yes i know. I have issues with females playing male parts. Yes, I saw the horrible TV special and know the history of Peter pan but it is not something i support.
So you'd rather a grown man play a child? That would feel all kinds of wrong vocally. Here's another scoop for you, male children in animated televisions shows are almost always voiced by women. From Bart Simpson to Ash Ketchum.

Add Rocky from Rocky & Bullwinkle. Good ol' June Foray!

I absolutely agree. Festival of the Lion King is a great theme park show but after seeing the Broadway musical, the one at DAK is a joke. I say shut it down and make a more stunning LK production.

Uhh.... unless WDW wants to create actual Broadway-ish theaters and maybe locate them in Disney Springs, you'll never have a Broadway-length musical in any park. It ties up only 500 guests for three whole hours. And a cast could only endure at most two shows per day, so, you'd need close to six full troupes to run the schedule day after day. [Actually, I would love it if WDW did put in Broadway caliber theaters in DS and mounted full shows there.]

The musicals in the park must be cut-down versions, and thus, would never measure up to a full Broadway-style version.

Since were opinionating, here is my ranking of the parks 'musicals' from best to least:

1. Festival of the Lion King: A great use of the film's songs without it being a 'book report' of the story. Also, a great circus performance.

2. FtFTiF: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration -- Totally a book report, but, they put lipstick on that pig and make it do a jig with the excellent comedians and audience participation

3. Finding Nemo: The Musical -- Totally a book report, but, it's a musical this time, which is a welcome addition. And as a book report, it tells a full story without chopping out parts hoping the audience has seen the movie and will fill in the blanks. And the music is really good.

4. PhilharMagic -- a terrific revue of classic Disney top hits with a perfect Donald Duck story

5. WD's Enchanted Tiki Room -- What a chill atmosphere. Being the best place to dine on a Dole Whip takes the edge off the ridiculous and unnecessary foreign accent stereotypes and misogynist micro-agressions

6. Beauty and the Beast -- Total book report. The outdoor theater kills this one making the weather an unwelcome guest and the acoustics horrendous. Though the principles are supposed to be singing... it didn't look like that to me. Last time there was a dancer who obviously didn't know one lick of the words. This could be so much better with an indoor theater.

7. Voyage of the Little Mermaid -- Another total book report. After Ariel belts out her showstopper, there really isn't much more there but the two ditties and Ursula's rage song. Very dated staging except the lasers, which as almost always, are dreadful. Lasers that 'pew pew' are good. Lasers that try to create a sustaining image are horrible. If they re-did this in the style of Nemo: The Musical and added some better songs that Ariel can sing along with Eric that were good... then it would shine.

8. Country Bear Jamboree -- What can I say about this that won't have nostalgiacs hopping mad? Nothing, so, let's just say that I am embarrassed for it's portrayal of Southern rural culture: malformed through a supposed lack of proper nutrition and inbreeding; uneducated; man-hungry ugly girls, etc... It's a product of it's times (Ma and Pa Kettle; L'il Abner), but that doesn't make it OK. Disney has other "products of the times" that they don't put out for general consumption any more. This should be added to the list.​

raven

I have several friends who perform in Nemo (currently and in the past). It's actually the only theme park show at WDW where the entire cast sings live (FOTLK uses 4 vocalists and the rest of the cast lip sync). The music was written by the same husband and wife team that wrote the music for Frozen, The Book of Morman, Avenue Q and more.

As far as a Disney Broadway-style show at Disney Springs I still disagree. That area would be dreadful to try and attend a show in. Orlando just built a beautiful new Performing Arts facility in downtown Orlando last year and it's main auditorium is the Walt Disney Theatre. It's an absolutely stunning facility and it well thought out.

Seabasealpha1

Yes, there was a major issue. Dory went missing. A new script is currently being written for a new lead based off the character Brian Mills (Liam Neeson) and it will be his job to find her,
They'll probably find her over at the Living Seas screwing up that attraction...further.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom