Something Happening at Finding Nemo: The Musical?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Here's why I disagree. Nemo and the Toy Story Musicals have great production values, but the songs aren't recognizeable from the movies. I think they are better fits as actual Broadway shows than Broadway style shows in a theme park.

My complaint about Nemo has always been the familiarity of the music. As such, I might watch it every 2-3 years, whereas Lion King I see on probably 80% of my visits to the Animal Kingdom.

But see, that's just a matter of opinion. There's no right or wrong answer this. You either like the concept or you don't. I don't like the concept of Festival of the Lion King, but I can't go around saying "You can't like it because I don't."

We both just have two different opinions as to what is a good quality show at a Disney park. It's all about preference and an opinion. :) Nothing wrong with that.

JustInTime

I'm thinking it's time for this show to be retired. I hope the next step for Animal Kingdom after Avatar is a tear down of Dinorama that includes a better use of this space. Fully expand Dinoland USA or put in a new land on that footprint.
I think Nemo has held up incredibly well. It's easily one of the best shows on property. If anything, move it.

Last edited:

tl77

I'm thinking it's time for this show to be retired. I hope the next step for Animal Kingdom after Avatar is a tear down of Dinorama that includes a better use of this space. Fully expand Dinoland USA or put in a new land on that footprint.
There's a lot of land in that part of the park to expand things, and they wouldn't need to touch the Nemo theater, and if they simple relocated the Universe of Energy dinosaurs to Chester and Hester land, that whole building would fit comfortably in there
AK-dinoland-energy.jpg

Tavernacle12

There's a lot of land in that part of the park to expand things, and they wouldn't need to touch the Nemo theater, and if they simple relocated the Universe of Energy dinosaurs to Chester and Hester land, that whole building would fit comfortably in there
AK-dinoland-energy.jpg

Them saving the UoE dinos and putting them in AK makes too much sense to happen. Turn it into a gentler dark ride in comparison to Dinosaur and you have an easy new ride to help flesh out the park.

disney4life2008

I gotta disagree with the above! Finding Nemo - The Musical is legit probably one of the most impressive and creative theme park shows to ever exist! Even at Disney! They legit put in so much effort into creating original musical numbers, impressive puppetry, and many other elements into what originally had nothing to do with a musical at all! The actors are phenomenal, the songs are catchy... It's truly a remarkable show!

They should work on replacing the more outdated ones, particularly Mermaid and Beast over at the Studios. Nemo should be the least of Disney's worries. It was a much needed replacement for Tarzan Rocks... At least, in my opinion. As a child, Tarzan was probably the most boring thing I ever watched. My parents always dragged me to it. So, I guess I'm biased. But I rank Nemo over Festival of the Lion King any day (Yes I went that far. Yes it is a very unpopular opinion. No I do not understand why FOTLK is as popular as it is. No you cannot convince me otherwise). The only live shows I'd ever rank over Nemo would probably be the now extinct Aladdin from Disneyland, Indiana Jones, and L!M!A!.

You are out of your mind. FOTLK is the number 1 live show at Disney, period! Nemo is a bore and too long, after 10 minutes im ready to leave. And isn't nemo played by a woman? I thought it was a boy in the movie

tmthomas52

You are out of your mind. FOTLK is the number 1 live show at Disney, period! Nemo is a bore and too long, after 10 minutes im ready to leave. And isn't nemo played by a woman? I thought it was a boy in the movie
Peter Pan is often portrayed by a female in theatrical productions. This is not an uncommon practice due to the fact that using a child actor for Nemo's voice and movements would be much more of a liability for TDO. However, I do prefer FTLK to Nemo I just wouldn't write it off if it is not your cup of tea.

No Name

I love this show. The outside of the theater doesn't mesh well with the rest of the park but the show itself has jerked some tears loose. Would hate to see it go.

As for the issue with the specific performance... I don't know, but that sucks. Hope all are okay.

JohnD

I gotta disagree with the above! Finding Nemo - The Musical is legit probably one of the most impressive and creative theme park shows to ever exist! Even at Disney! They legit put in so much effort into creating original musical numbers, impressive puppetry, and many other elements into what originally had nothing to do with a musical at all! The actors are phenomenal, the songs are catchy... It's truly a remarkable show!

They should work on replacing the more outdated ones, particularly Mermaid and Beast over at the Studios. Nemo should be the least of Disney's worries. It was a much needed replacement for Tarzan Rocks... At least, in my opinion. As a child, Tarzan was probably the most boring thing I ever watched. My parents always dragged me to it. So, I guess I'm biased. But I rank Nemo over Festival of the Lion King any day (Yes I went that far. Yes it is a very unpopular opinion. No I do not understand why FOTLK is as popular as it is. No you cannot convince me otherwise). The only live shows I'd ever rank over Nemo would probably be the now extinct Aladdin from Disneyland, Indiana Jones, and L!M!A!.

I always make a point to work in both shows. Nemo is a great show but also agree with the sentiment for a redo of the Dinoland space.

JohnD

AK-dinoland-energy.jpg

Creative thinking but not likely. Nice try.

disney4life2008

Peter Pan is often portrayed by a female in theatrical productions. This is not an uncommon practice due to the fact that using a child actor for Nemo's voice and movements would be much more of a liability for TDO. However, I do prefer FTLK to Nemo I just wouldn't write it off if it is not your cup of tea.

Yes i know. I have issues with females playing male parts. Yes, I saw the horrible TV special and know the history of Peter pan but it is not something i support.

disney4life2008

I hope you are disgusted by all the costumed characters. You know that often there's a woman inside the Mickey costume right? How vile!

Yeah. Your arguments don't sound very intelligent. An adult male would make a WEIRD Nemo. And I can't imagine the show being boring

Yes, and back in the oldER times, we had only males playing all parts. That's right, Romeo and Juliet were both puberty aged boys.

Yep! I am content with my observation. And I am not old but young and not on any political side. Its my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom