So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 14: Greatest Hits (Official Hub Thread)

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
@DisneyManOne has pulled himself off the block by using the Diamond PoMVP he was granted at the end of the Festival of Imagination. In his place nominated from Team Must is @RMichael21. Definitely a tough choice but after reviewing the brainstorming the judges came to the consensus that RM has contributed the least outside of DisneyMan.

As a reminder, the judges will hand pick who gets eliminated from the lowest scoring team between the nominee and this rounds Project Leader. Project leaders are always held partially responsible in the event a team looses.

RMichael21

@DisneyManOne has pulled himself off the block by using the Diamond PoMVP he was granted at the end of the Festival of Imagination. In his place nominated from Team Must is @RMichael21. Definitely a tough choice but after reviewing the brainstorming the judges came to the consensus that RM has contributed the least outside of DisneyMan.

As a reminder, the judges will hand pick who gets eliminated from the lowest scoring team between the nominee and this rounds Project Leader. Project leaders are always held partially responsible in the event a team looses.
Let me just say that while being nominee stinks, amount of brainstorming doesn't equal content turned out and I've been working very hard on my portion of the project, which doesn't exactly show in the brainstorming. Oh well, what can ya do?

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Let me just say that while being nominee stinks, amount of brainstorming doesn't equal content turned out and I've been working very hard on my portion of the project, which doesn't exactly show in the brainstorming. Oh well, what can ya do?

The amount of brainstorming done mostly is just an easy way to hand pick nominees. When it comes time to eliminate we definitely look at all the work both the nominee and project leader have put into the finished product. It's usually a 48 hour warning that you're on the block but obviously the Diamond PoMVP created a bit of an unforeseen variable.

CraniumCommand89

32063114304_f178856511_z.jpg

Proudly Presents:

32785652001_8f377eac62_b.jpg

Childhood can be one of the most nostalgic and cherished moments of your life. In the age of television and cartoons, for many children growing up their favorite shows or television programs were an essential part of their afternoons or weekend mornings, sitting in front of the television in your pajamas, eating breakfast and watching cartoons. In this land, we are bringing that childhood spirit to life.

Throughout the entirety of the land, the core foundation is the remembrance of past childhood moments, or perhaps even current moments in your life. Mostly everyone has a memory of sitting on Saturday morning and watching their favorite show while eating their breakfast. Those moments are ingrained in our heads, and hold a special place in our hearts. Displaying those moments in a true theme park land on a large scale, and putting the guests into the cartoons themselves, will hopefully be a wonderful feat for all.

Featuring attractions such as:

And...

animaniacstower-png.189691

It's all waiting for you to explore! Turn on the TV, grab some cereal, and enjoy!

https://spacemt354.wixsite.com/cartoonsandcereal

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Awesome job, folks! This has TRULY been the most dramatic, eventful, and ultimately most creatively charged first round the game has ever seen and it's truly staggering to think of how insanely great the rest of the season will be. I'll be posting reviews one team at a time on a first come first serve basis. My feedback should be in by 2 AM Eastern at the latest. Probably will be a similar situation with @MANEATINGWREATH as well. As soon as we calculate our scores, we'll announce the first person eliminated from the game in 22nd Place as well as announce the return of an old fan favorite to compete in the spot of the eliminated person, and of course reveal the subject for Prompt Two.

Look out, because Walt's Vault has also been opened this round. Stay tuned to see the dramatic rewards and/or ramifications ;)

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Team Mist presents
CARTOON PLANET
Starring all* your favorite cartoon characters!

Swim City

1 - Space Ghost: Toast to Toast
2 - Venture Compound Tours
3 - Adventure Thru Inner Morty

The Suburbs

4 - Ducktales: Money Bin Breakout
5 - Homestar Runner's Water-Rama
6 - Powerpuff Girls Save the Day!
7 - Wallace and Gromit's Grand Day Out

The Forest

8 - Gravity Falls
9 - Bob's Burgers

*unless your favorite cartoon characters were born before 1985, in which case you will be sorely disappointed.

Having trouble with the links here. We'll still count this as on time, but please fix the issue as soon as possible.

MANEATINGWREATH

Okay, let's get this show on the road!

giphy.gif

Again, my apologies for the delay. Sometimes, having a job and judging an armchair Imagineering contest isn't the best combination. :p Especially on Valentine's Day... Seriously, I had 45 reservations in between 5:00 pm (start time) and 9:00 pm (end time). I usually don't see those numbers on a busy weekend. Oh, the blood, the sweat, the tears, the agony, the rash, the...well, let's move on.

*Clears Throat*

Like Tiki, I will post each review in a separate post.

Naturally, each project in Season 14 will be scored on the following categories:

Creativity: /10
Realism: /10
Detail: /10
Presentation: /10
Teamwork: /10

Total Score: /50

Obviously, the team with the highest score will win, and the team with the lowest score will lose. Simple stuff, really. The losing team will lose their nominated contestant, unless we state otherwise, and the subsequent round will begin shortly thereafter. This will of course occur after Tiki and I have tallied our scores together.

We do have a podcast this Friday, so expect to hear more from us in regards to our "in-depth" thoughts and feedback.

So, without further ado, we'll get things going with Team Cap!

Team Cap - Cartoons and Cereal

First, I'd like to address the elephant in the room.

giphy.gif

It's no secret that you guys haven't had the
smoothest start in the history of SYWTBAI. Heck, the beginning, middle and end of this round has been a whirlwind of mayhem. That being said, the team was consistently held afloat, and for that, I award the teamwork category with a solid 8/10. Had you guys not kept your cool and persevered through all the baloney, this score would have been much lower. I commend you guys for doing your best and fighting through to the end.

Wow! What a presentation. Aside from an excellent introduction, the website - complete with map - really blew me away! I felt as if I had been transported into the project itself which is exactly what we're looking for in these projects. For presentation, a 10/10. Seriously, I might borrow this format for my ongoing dream resort...

Now, as for the project itself...

First off, I adore this concept entirely. The fact that you played upon an idea from
everyone's childhood is truly spectacular. However, I yearned for a different title. I understand your intention, but to me, it doesn't necessarily fit as the title of a land. Likewise, I understand we didn't explicitly tell you this had to be in a theme park - fictitious or otherwise - but it would have been nice to have had a real-world connection with this concept.

Seriously, why isn't the Courage maze a thing in real-life? Truly spectacular in design and execution. Meanwhile, "The Last Breakfast" might just be one of my all-time favorite ideas from the realm of SYWTBAI... Dead serious. The idea is so bizarre, so unusual, so hysterical, that I couldn't help but chuckle throughout the overview. Space Jam was another highlight of the project for me. THE NOSTALGIA! Seriously, this is really great stuff, folks.

The Animaniacs Tower of No Terror had a clever name, but all in all, needed a bit more for my taste. It reminded me a bit of the Toon Tower Hotel from Season Eight, but was different enough all its own. I will never be upset over the use of Animaniacs. :D The Peanuts area was a bit too reminiscent of Camp Snoopy for my taste, but was still well done. Car Kids was a huge risk that really did pay off in the end. Not once did I feel alienated or against the idea. Great work yet again. Lastly, the Epic Mickey attraction was another highlight. Again, fantastic work.

This project could have been horrible - truly horrible. But ultimately, it is a strong start to what is bound to be a strong season. For creativity, a 9/10. For detail, a 9/10. For realism, a 9/10.

Creativity: 9/10
Realism: 9/10
Detail: 9/10
Presentation: 10/10
Teamwork: 8/10

Total Score: 45/50

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
We'll start with Team Younger

Overall, a wonderful presentation. While you didn't need to set it within an actual park, I liked the use of the 100th anniversary of Walt Disney animation as a jumping off point for different studios to get together. Very well done little aspect that tied the realism together nicely.

I'll address this piece by piece.

Cartoon Crossover - Love it! I need to get Jacob Wile on here as the resident Phineas and Ferb fan to talk about this, but overall an incredibly well done simulator attraction that feels like a jump forward from Star Tours 2.0. The random appearances by different characters made a lot of sense in the context of grouping them together. This is exactly the type of stuff we were looking for from this project. Great start!

Mad Doctor Mansion
- I was slightly disappointed by this one, to tell you the truth. Overall it did a great job on expanding on the Mad Doctor as a character, but felt a little half baked in the detail department and outside of the Lonesome Ghosts and the Skeleton Dance there weren't really any crossovers happening. A solid addition, but didn't live up to the expectations I personally had for a Haunted Mansion in a Toon Town with this much potential. Don't get me wrong though, it's a very solid Mickey Mouse dark ride. Just doesn't have as much "Mansion" stuff going on as I would have liked.

Rocky and Bullwinkle Soarin' Escapades
- A very solid C ticket addition that would be a good hit with the family crowd, and rounds out the roster and selection of characters well. I'd be lying if I said on a selfish level I'd like to see the J. Ward stuff be the basis for a more elaborate experience, this does its job very nicely.

Jolly Trolley
- Very obvious but practical addition. I wish Disneyland would get their act together and put theirs back into operation!

Von Drake Labs
- Love this addition! Von Drake is such a fun character and I hope he makes a comeback. Great job having it be in the style of an old school Tomorrowland/EPCOT ride without being a direct "reboot". Wonderful use of the character and some good reference photos to round out the presentation.

Internet Alley - I'm kind of lost with this one. Not a lot of different internet characters when you could have a TON of famous internet folks. Charlie the Unicorn is funny and all, but he's practically the only one who showed up...

Prime Time/Saturday Morning Cafe
- Wonderful use of a restaurant that has a lot of theme potential but is begging to be beefed up. Not entirely sure how practical it would be to switch over the decor and everything, but it's a great idea and the name rolls off the tongue!

Oswald's Lucky Lounge
- Another great dining option! Love the contrast from silly and cartoony to fancy and upscale. Works really well and I can picture it in my head perfectly. This would work really well as the premiere dining spot of the area.

Steamboat Willie - Clever and obvious transition. Not much to say. It does its job nicely.

Bob's Burgers/Krusty Crab
- Okay, it was at this point reading the presentation that I got kind of overwhelmed by all the dining options. I think it's a little too much for one land. Though I will give you props for essentially making this two different options in one. That's a clever and realistic touch. Reminds me of how the Tiki Room doubles as the kitchen for the Plaza Pavilion/Jolly Holiday Bakery, haha. Solid additions but a bit overwhelming and they both pretty much accomplish the same goal. I'd cut one, to be honest...

Jellystone Food Truck
- This was another solid offering that doesn't feel overwhelming. Nice, healthy alternatives. I virtually lived off fruit carts my last Disney trip so I can appreciate this!

Acme Warehouse - That picture looks so tantalizing as a ride or 3D show, it's a bit of a bummer it's just a shop, haha. Either way, it's a solid shop.

Jessica's Boutique - Not much to say. Solid addition. Reminds me of something that would be in New Orleans Square.

H&B - This could really use more detail. An all Hannah Barbera shop sounds amazing but there's already anything here telling us what the store would be like.

Mystery Shack - Great job with the map! This would be a cool and unique mix of a walk through and shop that I could see becoming a fan-favorite with the online community for how different it is. And of course you've gotta love Gravity Falls Easter eggs.

Animaniacs Loose in Century City - This might be my single favorite thing about the whole project. It captures the spirit and tone and pacing of Animaniacs perfectly and works really well as a live show. Props for taking inspiration from The Muppets and expanding on the concept.

HISHE Scavenger Hunt
- A much better use of an internet IP. A small addition but good to add some flavor to the area.

Overall thoughts: Individually, a lot of these concepts were really well done. Having said that, while I give you props for including a map and a realistic location, some of the themes seem a bit disjointed and not all together connected. I wish there were one or two more attractions instead of all the dining options. Solid concept that could have had more of a flow from area to area and more emphasis on certain points of interest.

Creativity: 8/10 A good mix of characters and ideas.
Realism: 8.5/10 For the most part pretty solid. Props on the map.
Detail: 6/10 This is where you suffered. A lot of the different aspects, most notably how each attraction flowed into the next and definitely the Haunted Mansion, could have definitely been fleshed out more.
Presentation: 8/10 Solid and efficient, and unique. With that being said there is a bit of a disconnect from feature to feature that makes it a bit harder to read as one cohesive piece.
Group Work: 7.5/10 - Solid effort all around for those involved. Unfortunately @NAdoTEg being entirely absent dropped your score down a bit.
Total: 39/40

MANEATINGWREATH

Okay, I'll tackle Team Younger next.

Team Younger - Century City - A Toon Town

Okay, by complete coincidence, Tiki and I have almost all the exact same thoughts and feelings towards this project... Weird. Lol.

Overall, your presentation was great! As the "Wild Card" team of Season 14, this is the project I had expected from you. :D I was most excited - and nervous - to see your outcome. Fortunately, it was clean, direct, and right to-the-point, which, in hindsight, is just what we want. The introduction and real-world placement in Hollywood Studios was perfect, as was the well-needed backstory and set up for a decidedly clever title. Great work. For presentation, a 9/10. The map was a huge plus on my end.

For teamwork, all but @NAdoTEg were active. Even then, he was "still with us in spirit." @Pionmycake was an exceptional Team Leader throughout the round and deserves an extra large round of applause. Everyone else carried their weight and did their best to compose a good project. For teamwork, an 8/10.

Now, as for the project itself... As a whole, I wish that the project had more detail. While I understood what was going on and was able to follow the concept for the most part, there were parts where I begged for more content to explore. There is so much untapped potential here. As Tiki said, this is where you suffered the most. Had there been more of an in-depth look into the piece, this score would have been higher. 6/10.

Highlights of the project included Dr. Doofensmirt'z Cartoon Crossover, a solid and worthy replacement of Star Tours, Oswald's Lucky Lounge, Von Drake Labs, and the cute inclusion of Bob's Burgers. Again, detail would have made these highlights stand out more. Other areas of the project, such as the Mad Doctor's Manic Mansion needed a bit more work in general. In regards to a Haunted Mansion, I felt as if a cartoon rehash of Mystic Manor or an animated parody of the Haunted Mansion would have been a better fit. But, as Tiki said, the attraction was a great Mickey Mouse ride.

Internet Alley was an area that, while brilliant in conception, needed more detail, despite my adoration for the inclusion of Charlie the Unicorn. But what about Salad Fingers?!!?

For creativity, I'll award an 8/10.

For realism... Well, if you hadn't placed the land in such close proximity to Universal Studios Orlando, your score wouldn't have suffered here. Sadly, the inclusion of Hanna-Barbera, the Simpsons and SpongeBob could never work for a land within a Walt Disney World park. Here, research would have been key in the development and placement, given Universal owns the aforementioned properties. I can understand whether there might have been confusion here. We did give you unlimited use of any and all IP's. For realism, a 7/10.

All in all, this was a good project. I don't want you to be discouraged by the lower score. Team Younger, you have the power, capability and magnitude to really shine this season and I personally can't wait to see what else you have in store for us this season.

Creativity: 8/10
Realism: 7/10
Detail: 6/10
Presentation: 9/10

Total Score: 38/50

MANEATINGWREATH

Last, but certainly not least we have Team Mist!

Team Mist - Cartoon Planet

You know, I'll be honest... It's kind of surreal being back in a season with so many returning contestants from the "Golden Age" of Visions Fantastic. It is a real treat to have you all on board with us this season. We've come so far and it is certainly heartwarming to know that we still have your support and friendship after all these years. Welcome back. :)

At first, I was a bit hesitant toward your initial presentation. But then... But then... That brand of humor from @TrevorA. ("unless your favorite cartoon characters were born before 1985, in which case you will be sorely disappointed.") I was in tears.

Nonetheless, I wish that the initial presentation had a bit more meat to it. While I did appreciate the clean, to-the-point appearance similar to that of Team Younger, I just wish there had been some color, music or something to make the presentation "pop." The write-ups for each attraction were wonderful, and despite having to click on several different links, everything flowed well. But... As a whole, the whole thing could have been unified better. For instance, Team Younger had made a thread dedicated especially to their ideas for the project. While this notion wasn't needed, it did negate the viewing of non-presentation-related comments and such. For presentation, a 7.5/10.

Having your land split into three areas was smart. There was enough content to warrant the thought and for me personally, this project is either "go big" or "go home." You definitely went big, especially with such a difficult prompt (no characters created before 1985). I'm not a big fan of Gravity Falls, but the attraction by @RMichael21 was a real highlight for me, although I wish there had been more of a ride-through. Bob's Burgers was also great.

Wallace and Gromit's Grand Day Out was exceptional. An offbeat, unique attraction that weakened my knees... I mean, an offbeat, unique attraction that really stood out to me. In fact, I ate cheese while I read the overview. :D Only a Wallace and Gromit fan such as myself will understand this reference. Homestar and Powerpuff were both excellent additions.

DuckTales: Money Bin Breakout... Another @Basketbuddy101 masterpiece. Seriously, your concept art has gotten SO GOOD. The conception, execution and design of the attraction made this a true rival to the Toon Tower Hotel of Season Eight. I can't stop looking at it, whether it be the artwork or the vivid description. This could actually be made in an existing Toon Town, and no one would think twice. Excellent, excellent, excellent work.

Adventure Thru Inner Morty was another standout. Again, great work. Space Ghost was another solid attraction. All in all, I wish the project had more content in regards to the look and lay of the land. While the idea was there, the description was not. Despite this, this was another strong project for a strong season. For creativity, a 10/10. For detail, a 9/10. For realism, a 9/10.

For teamwork, things seemed a bit back and forth for a bit but really picked up somewhere in the middle... I'd say a solid 8/10 would do. With that said, here is your final score from me.

Creativity: 10/10
Realism: 9/10
Detail: 9/10
Presentation: 7.5/10

Total Score: 43.5/50

Here are my final scores for each team.

Team Cap: 45/50
Team Younger: 38/50
Team Mist: 43.5/50

Okay, now that all my scores are done, we wait on Tiki. I'll probably be asleep before the next project is posted, so until then, good luck, and stay tuned. ;)

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Let's continue with Team Cap...I'm going very slowly through these and it's taking me a lot longer than I thought, so bare with me. I'll have them up before I go to bed along with the results and next project, but I'm sure most if not all of you will probably see that when you wake up in the morning.

Regular Show
- Excellent crossover material here. Great job keeping with the style and humor of the show. Regular Show most definitely works better as an entertainment option than a full blown E ticket so good choice with the placement. It's also the kind of cartoon that works really well with crossovers. Good job with the writing and choice of different characters.

Courage the Cowardly Dog - Did you guys know I had John R. Dilworth on the channel???? Okay, shameless self-promotion aside, this is a great Halloween Horror Nights style walk through maze with the Courage characters. Freaky Fred will always hold a special place in my heart and his inclusion was especially well done. The only thing I question with this is if the live actors could be maintained year round. I know the year-long Walking Dead maze at Universal can be hit or miss with the amount of live zombies in there at any one time. At any rate as a big fan of Courage this definitely did the show justice. I might actually pass it along to Mr. Dilworth's personal Facebook page and see if I can get him to comment on it!

Space Jam! - Not crazy about this one, but maybe I'm just biased because I'm not crazy about VR in general (on a personal note...Is it too much to ask to ride Revolution at Magic Mountain without restraints AND without silly headgear. You had ONE job, Six Flags :p ) I think this would function better as a Toy Story Mania style ride as opposed to a room. Still I liked the bold choice of franchise and applaud the effort.

The Last Breakfast - All Kinds of win! Having Breakfast cereal be a central focus was a huge out of left field risk but why not? These characters are a cornerstone of everyone's childhoods and they all have unique personalities and worlds. The honeycomb monster as the villain was a stroke of genius. MEW and I will definitely talk about this one more on the podcast!

Epic Mickey: The Blot Wars - I love pretty much everything about this. The references, the dark tone, the faithfulness to the game, the twisted spin on iconic Disney images. Great stuff here and fits very well into this version of Toon Town. One of the best attractions of the project!

Animaniacs Tower of No Terror - This was definitely a great addition to follow in the footsteps of the legendary Toon Town Tower. Well done use of incorporating iconic moments from both Animaniacs and Roger Rabbit and blending them together. I also like the placement of this attraction in the middle of the land. @CraniumCommand89 definitely proved himself with this contribution. Very well done and a great centerpiece! :D

Car Kids
- Space, you're freaking LUCKY I'm a big Coldplay fan, haha. Even I wasn't familiar with the comics (or the fact that Mylo Xyloto had a story, for that matter) but after doing the proper research I've got to say I genuinely love this contribution. First of all, it works terrifically well placement-wise in the urban area of your land, and the tongue and cheek appeal of it being next to "Charlie Brown" is not lost on me. I love this addition because it branches out the "Cartoons and Cereal" possibilities even more. Now if only we got a Gorillaz or Daft Punk ride. ;) :p

Peanuts - At first I was skeptical that this would be little more than a somewhat plussed Camp Snoopy, but you guys did a good job of exceeding my expectations and delivering something that truly goes above and beyond for these characters. Absolutely LOVE the use of RCT3 when presenting the Red Baron coaster, and all the other additions are great little things to flesh out the world of Schul(t)z ( ;) :p )

Creativity: 10/10 Big risks were taken with the choices of IPs, and I'm going to reward the team handsomely for it. Coldplay comics and breakfast cereal might not make for the most realistic propositions, but DAMN are they fun to read!

Realism
8/10 - Gotta balance it out a bit. Still a high score because everything presented seems feasible and doesn't go over the top with anything.

Detail:
9/10 - Everything is very well written and thought out.

Presentation - 9/10 Great use of the website! If I'm being nitpicky...a couple backgrounds don't read well with the text fonts and colors, but still, fantastic work especially as a surprise last minute addition!

Group Work - 9/10 As MEW said, this was perhaps the most turbulent start to any team in SYWTBAI history. But by god you all not only kept it together, but in the end I think really came together as a unit and delivered something truly great. I am in nothing less than awe at how well everyone performed given the circumstances.

Total:
45/50

Overall Team Cap gets a 90/100 from both judges
Team Younger has 77/100

We'll find out soon which team will loose someone and which team comes out on top when I return with my feedback for Team Mist!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Lastly after a process that took WAY longer than I was expecting it to, let's get to the All Star veterans on Team Mist.

First off, I want to address that I'll let this style of presentation slide for now, but in the future please set up an additional thread with all the content in a row like Team Younger presented it. It's all GREAT stuff, but felt a little disjointed having to constantly flip back and forth between pages of brainstorming and the main thread to read it all. But it's the content that truly matters. Let's hit all the talking points one at a time, shall we?

Space Ghost: Toast to Toast - The opening couple paragraphs gave me chills, dude! I love it. You captured the sad-sack public access vibe of the original show perfectly. Space Ghost was a trend setter for a lot of different reasons, and it's great that you showed one of the ORIGINAL adult cartoons the respect it deserves. Hilarious idea, great execution, and flat out HAUNTING writing in some spots for a concept so silly. ;)

Venture Brothers
- I haven't seen an episode of the show either, so this worked just fine for me. Maybe next time have a bit more self confidence about it though. Wikipedia is your best friend when it comes to creating projects like this off of IPs you don't know.

Adventure Thru Inner Morty
- This was absolutely spot on with the humor of the show. Loved the queue details like the multi-verse TVs, great way to work something like that in. Overall a flawless marriage between a wonderful modern classic and a spoof of one of the most beloved of Disney's extinct attractions.

DuckTales- Dem graphics, though! This is a true return to form from Basketbuddy and a wonderful successor to the Toon Town Tower. It's a bold choice to contain this to one IP, but I think it works wonders in the realism department, as does recycling certain effects and functionality from different versions of Tower. It fits like a glove and makes for a fantastic "weenie" for the rest of the land. DuckTales has become a popular IP to use for armchair Imagineering around here, and I think this sets a gold standard!

Homestar Runner: Water-Rama - Oh, this goes way back, doesn't it Snoopy ;) Ladies and gentlemen, I welcome Snoopy into the ring as the king of flat rides and C tickets. It's how he won season 10, and this contribution proves no different. Beautiful work. Lovingly written and above and beyond the presentation of a typical ride of its type. Great to have you back :D

Powerpuff Girls Save the Day!
- A solid idea, and I really appreciate RCT3 as always. That being said, paragraphs are your friend! This was really hard to read and kind of unrealistic that we've got this giant villain fight going on before we even hit the lift hill. A good idea that could have been executed just a little better. Still a solid contribution to the attraction line-up.

Wallace and Gromit's Grand Day Out
- Another spectacular contribution from Snoopy! You can just tell the love for the source material is just dripping off this thing. It reminds me of one of Monkey's Mel Brooks projects. Rocket to the Moon is a somewhat unconventional ride to revise, but it works in a weird and very satisfying way to fit in with the Wallace and Gromit sensibilities. Extra points for the twist ending. That's what we like to see with this kind of project!

Gravity Falls
- Excellent contribution from RMichael, and a satisfying way to include another memorable "Greatest Hits" project from season 14. Very much reminds me of a Gravity Falls twist on the Museum of the Weird concept. Love the cheapness of it all. Honestly there's so many good contributions and players this season that the fact that RMichael almost ended up on the block genuinely scares me. You guys have NO IDEA how hard a majority of the eliminations are going to be this season for the judges!

Bob's Burgers
- Really good restaurant idea, though I'll admit I was really fond of the concept of having a Bob's Burgers food truck on the outskirts of town near Gravity Falls. This works well as a larger scale establishment while still being a bit secluded from the hustle and bustle of the land's main attractions. Great menu. Again with how genuinely hard it's going to be to eliminate people. I strongly feel that nobody on Team Mist deserves to go this round. But alas, the only thing that will reveal their fates is the numbers.

Creativity:
8.5/10 - Solid mix of concepts and ideas, and a bold use of adult orientated programming that paid off nicely.

Realism: 9/10 It all flowed together well and used ride systems that are already established, just with a unique twist on them. Using familiar ride systems is a big part of why this score is so high.

Detail:
9/10 A couple spots could use some touch ups, but overall I'm very satisfied with the amount of work that went into this.

Presentation:
8/10 Basketbuddy's concept art played a big part in this score. Next time take the time to properly organize all the links into their own thread.

Group Work:
8.5/10 While it was a bit spotty in the first few days of the competition, everyone came together to deliver a solid effort and all seven players truly proved they deserve to be here. If this team ever looses, I think the judges will catch flack no matter who ends up going home!

Total:
43/50

That means in first place is...
Team Cap with 90/100 points!

In second place is...
Team Mist with 86.5/100 points!

In 3rd place is...
Team Younger with 77/100 points!

That means Team Younger must loose one of their players. This comes to an easy decision. @NAdoTEg hasn't been active since the game started, so in spite of his promising application it's with a heavy heart that we eliminate him in 22nd place. Sad to see you go.

But wait...22nd place you say Tiki? I thought there were 21 players. What is this madness?!?!?! We had an alternate person waiting in the wings and this round we can't resist throwing him in. Joining Team Younger as the seventh member is @mharrington, aka BigDisneyFan from the classic VisionsFantastic seasons. Mharrington is a true All Star and should help pull Team Younger back up after suffering a close defeat in the opening round.

Stay tuned. Project Two will be posted promptly...

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Season 14, Project Two: The Centrifuge Brain Reborn
Based on the Carnival Ride project from Season Seven: Fans vs. Favorites
442364063.jpg

"We've had setbacks, but I wouldn't say it was a mistake. The mistake was nature. Gravity was the mistake. We fight the forces that hold us down, and our whole life is an effort to escape from reality."
-Dr. Nick Lasowicz speaking about the mission statement of the original "Centrifuge Brain Project" after the experiment was shuttered in 2003.

This project takes homage from one of the most simplistic concepts we've ever done during a very memorable season...the carnival ride project. That being said, this is a freaking fantastic group of creative minds we have playing here, so @MANEATINGWREATH decided were going to kick it up a notch. My Alfred Pennyworth avatar was meant to tease "Butler Amusements", a carnival ride manufacturer. In this project however, you're going to go above and beyond and push the limits of creativity.

The year is 2017. It's been 14 years since the last ride was developed as part of the underground "Centrifguge Brain Project", an experiment developed by Doctor Nick Lasowicz to test the limits of what carnival rides can do to the human brain, and how they can actually enhance and expand them. What came out of the centrifuge brain experiment were some of the most mind-blowing thrills the world has ever seen. So mind-blowing in fact, that they only ever appeared in a few select traveling carnivals to the public and only rare video footage of them exists to prove their existence.

The project was shut down rather unceremoniously, and Doctor Lasowicz has been a recluse to the scientific community ever since. That being said, Doctor Lasowicz has contacted MEW and I to help in revising his long-shelved projects, and truly pushing the limits. It's been 14 years since the last ride designed as part of the experiment and theme park technology has come a long way since then. With Doctor Lasowicz's resources, the potential is limitless. What are his resources? Well that's very secretive, and up to you to find out via the hints laid out in the documentary. Doctor Lasowicz will not be having any interaction with the teams. This is merely a test to see what a strong group of creative minds can come up with when inspired by his creations.

One last thing...the key to Walt's Vault was passed along to @Pionmycake in cake who has indeed decided to open it. By opening it he has unleashed the Extra Credit twist. Instead of creating one carnival ride for the Centrifuge Brain Project, you'll be creating up to five. Focus on a main ride with the others being considered extra credit. The additional attractions, should you chose to submit them, will be graded on a flat /5 grading scale by MEW and I making the extra credit worth up to 20 additional points to the 50 possible with the usual grading rubric.

And that's all folks. Good luck teams. This project is due Saturday, February 18th at 11:59 PM Eastern/8:59 PM Pacific.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom