So is the Hyperion Wharf project dead?

raven

Sounds good. But so much for taking my kids there before they go to college! The oldest starts first grade in the fall, but at the rate this thing has been progressing I'm not sure I'll live to see it completed.

Rome wasn't built in a day. :animwink:

Buried20KLeague

I think it makes Disney look incompetant to formally announce something, show artwork, build it up, and then... Nothing.

I thought they looked clueless by having to change FL all around, too. I knew it wasn't going to get built the way it was first shown.

I know Disney has done this once in a while through history (Israel pavilion comes to mind), but still.

It gives me a mental picture of TDO's boardroom:

A bunch of guys in suits, running around making faces, and bonking each others' heads together.

NowInc

The whispers I keep hearing from inside the disney compound point at it being canned. No reason given, nor any definite plans for what the alternative plan will be.

lebeau

I think it makes Disney look incompetant to formally announce something, show artwork, build it up, and then... Nothing.

I thought they looked clueless by having to change FL all around, too. I knew it wasn't going to get built the way it was first shown.

I know Disney has done this once in a while through history (Israel pavilion comes to mind), but still.

It gives me a mental picture of TDO's boardroom:

A bunch of guys in suits, running around making faces, and bonking each others' heads together.

stooges.jpg

djkidkaz

Original Poster
'Apricot Lane' and the future of Hyperion Wharf - what does it mean?
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions...ure-of-Hyperion-Wharf---what-does-it-mean.htm

I know you can't reveal the exact details but I can read between the lines. The fact that you covered this on the main page is enough to tell me they are completely reworking the whole project. Good news if they are improving on the whole idea. Hopefully we don't have to wait forever for new concept art as raven is hinting.

wizards8507

If these glorious development plans are somewhere down the pipeline (however long), then why would they have announced HW in the first place?

djkidkaz

Original Poster
It's being redesigned to be less of a mall, more of a Disney shopping experience. Less "Seed and Mulch."

Sounds good to me! I love the marketplace and would be happy if they just expanded on that experience over all of DTD.

jt04

It's being redesigned to be less of a mall, more of a Disney shopping experience. Less "Seed and Mulch."

To be honest with everyone the "seed and mulch" rumors were totally born out of some drawings required by the state. The artwork clearly shows those areas being built on.

I am just relieved someone had the sense to squash all the doom and gloomery going on which was so obviously being manufactured by the usual suspects.

Now I can take a break and go back into Armchair Imagineer mode for awhile.

I plan to design a nextgen queue so that all the people lining up to apologize to me will at least have something to do.

This news has me in such a good mood! :king:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
To be honest with everyone the "seed and mulch" rumors were totally born out of some drawings required by the state. The artwork clearly shows those areas being built on.

I am just relieved someone had the sense to squash all the doom and gloomery going on which was so obviously being manufactured by the usual suspects.

Now I can take a break and go back into Armchair Imagineer mode for awhile.

I plan to design a nextgen queue so that all the people lining up to apologize to me will at least have something to do.

This news has me in such a good mood! :king:

JT, you do know what redesigned means right? It means that artwork we saw is not what we are getting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom