Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

SteamboatJoe

So it would seem either something is happening with Siemens or Disney is planning something that Siemens a) isn't in agreement or in line with or b) isn't really needed for.

EDIT: I'll add an unlikely option c) Siemens is going to sponsor a different attraction.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

What does Siemens do exactly? I have the vague sense that they're some kind of technology company but their park sponsorship has left absolutely no impression on me and thus I would question the wisdom of them doing it in the first place. So bad news for Disney but I "get it" from Siemens' perspective.

gsimpson

Siemens is a huge conglomerate with their fingers in many pies. They are one of the largest makers of light rail vehicles (not monorails though), they have massive energy operations including winds and hydro electric, they are the 3rd largest maker of medical gear, and the list goes on and on. It is unlikely that any single firm has the money to buy them out, a consortium of banks/brokers would have to be involved but even then it is unlikely the German government would allow ownership to change.

po1998

During the last refurb which included the on board video, did the sponsor pay for the entire rehab or did they contribute a fixed amount and WDW funded the rest?

I just hope new sponsor or not, that the screens are removed from the vehicles and the descent is completed/replaced/updated....

YodaMan

Does this have more to do with Illuminations than SSE? Any chance the Illuminations replacement has been moved up a few years and Siemens wants no part in it, so they've pulled out of all of their sponsorships?

And if it is related to SSE and not Illuminations, does it have something to do with the spine changes? Do they not agree with them? Or is a rival about to be sponsoring one of the new things coming to Epcot?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What does Siemens do exactly? I have the vague sense that they're some kind of technology company but their park sponsorship has left absolutely no impression on me and thus I would question the wisdom of them doing it in the first place. So bad news for Disney but I "get it" from Siemens' perspective.
This always confused me about their sponsorship as well. Even though they are a huge company with their fingers in next to everything, they don't directly sell to consumers. It would honestly surprise me if 1% of the guests that walked through the gates of Epcot were even in a position to be influenced by their sponsorship.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom