Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

Lad

What does this mean in the short-term? In other words, if the sponsorship were to end in November, would the attraction still remain open for the foreseeable future (within reason) ? I would assume they wouldn't want to have this ride down for the Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years crowds at the very least.

Kamikaze

Since Disney is so open to sponsorship I don't believe for a minute that they would refuse that deal if the only condition was Siemens name on it and if Siemens is truly ending sponsorship, I highly doubt they would have made that offer.

You're right. But I'd imagine if such an offer was made, it would have happened long before they decided to end sponsorship.

Kamikaze

What does this mean in the short-term? In other words, if the sponsorship were to end in November, would the attraction still remain open for the foreseeable future (within reason) ? I would assume they wouldn't want to have this ride down for the Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years crowds at the very least.

The ride won't just 'close' because it has no sponsor. It will be open - it just means changes are very unlikely.

KBLovedDisney

Ok...not cool. I really hope they upkeep this ride like no tomorrow..otherwise bye bye SSE...
6df673a473ec97eaeda1d820d279d10c.gif

Gawd, I hope not.

Kman101

Just trying to find a potential silver lining. I wonder if Disney knew enough ahead of time to factor this into their upcoming FW plans.

True. Agreed on trying to find a silver lining. I want to believe they'll leave it untouched and keep up the maintenance.

Kman101

Im guessing this is from another site? Probably incorrect. I'm hearing a bit more about what happened now. It seems it was last minute decision with reasons that will possibly become apparent.

Hmm. This worries me. Is SSE in danger of being gutted?

Lad

The ride won't just 'close' because it has no sponsor. It will be open - it just means changes are very unlikely.

This is what I would assume but with all the rumored changes to Epcot and the general resort-wide change in direction I just have no idea what I should be expecting anymore. If the sponsorship does end in November should we expect it to be down for any length of time that month to remove the references to Siemens (again, I would think they wouldn't want it to be down for the Thanksgiving crowds although I can't imagine it would take them THAT long to remove the references).

huwar18

This makes me very nervous. I could see then gutting SSE. I would hope Disney would see how many people in enjoy the ride and just update it. However, I don't trust this admin. I wonder if they pulled out because they didn't agree with changes that might have been proposed.

KBLovedDisney

Was it possibly the Welcome to the Global Neighborhood sign presented by AT&T? I remember it being on the wall at the very end when you were about to exit the vehicle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom