Seven Dwarf mine train needs some help.

disney4life2008

Anybody who visits a place like Disneyland or WDW or Universal and can't leave their phone off is an absolute effing MORON!!!! And people with iPads are even BIGGER morons!!! I was watching Wishes once, and some idiot in front of me had his white iPad WAY up high to catch the fireworks. I finally asked him to cut it out because it was blocking the site line for people behind him. He stopped taking pictures, but he was ed. But tough!

And I can't use the language I'd prefer to use for parents who won't discipline their kids at the parks. Or who tug on ride features (as I once saw some stupid lady do in the queue for the Mermaid ride. Thankfully, everything was glued firmly in place). I agree that the interactive queues are a major fail. Giving kids (and idiot grownups) expensive toys to break is always a dumb idea.

And I can't BELIEVE that the figures in the cottage scene are still broken!!! What's so complicated about the simple motions of turning in circles that the Imagineers can't seem to fix?

LOL finally someone who shares my mindset. Ipods are less a sight now than when they first came out - people have an iphone or galaxy now. But it ruffles my feathers when I see people at the parks with any type of tablet - it looks absolutely silly to me. And the one time someone had an ipod at fantasmic sitting in front of me blocking my view I- the guy tried to get mad at me.

CTXRover

This soon after official opening, things such as the dancing snow white shouldn't be breaking to the point that they can't be fixed overnight or even during the day during downtime. Either maintenance and its budget are to blame or it's a result of poor design/implementation. Either way, shouldn't be happening.

HiYa Pal

I couldn't really tell if the cottage scene was working because of the glare and I was also busy looking around like a kid in a candy store. I was there on the 7th. Didn't notice the wear and tear in the line, but I have had to pull a CM aside before in TSMM and rat out some pre-teen that was peeling the paper off of the crayons. But one thing that REALLY ticked me off while waiting in line for an hour and half to get on the mine train was the abundance of kids and few adults that "reconnected" with their party that was practically boarding the train while they rushed through the queue to catch up. One or two that's one thing, but there were at least 12 people who came through the line like that and most of them acted like you (the person who actually waited in line) were destroying their magic by not moving out of the way fast enough. The look on my face as I glared at them probably didn't help.......

Castle Cake Apologist

Not to be the voice of rationality here, but how exactly does somebody playing on their phone while waiting in a long line affect anybody whatsoever? Seems like there are better things to be mad about.

I regularly play around on my phone while bored in lines, and I'm far from being an "idiot" or any of the other ridiculous insults being tossed around in here. I guess I'm sorry that my shocking behavior is so offensive to others.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I couldn't really tell if the cottage scene was working because of the glare and I was also busy looking around like a kid in a candy store. I was there on the 7th. Didn't notice the wear and tear in the line, but I have had to pull a CM aside before in TSMM and rat out some pre-teen that was peeling the paper off of the crayons. But one thing that REALLY ticked me off while waiting in line for an hour and half to get on the mine train was the abundance of kids and few adults that "reconnected" with their party that was practically boarding the train while they rushed through the queue to catch up. One or two that's one thing, but there were at least 12 people who came through the line like that and most of them acted like you (the person who actually waited in line) were destroying their magic by not moving out of the way fast enough. The look on my face as I glared at them probably didn't help.......
That's when I become REALLY wide.

Feet spread apart far enough to trip those trying to pass me in line, elbows out to stick in your gut as you try to cut in line....

I HATE line jumpers and I will not move out of their way....they can crawl between my legs if they really want to pass me.

TRONorail12

I really dislike interactive queues...Interactive queues only hold up lines, imo. Even in regular queues, I've seen children misbehaving and their parents too busy to care. I hate when parents don't pay attention to their children and continue to move up in line while their child is holding up the line climbing on railings and such. :mad:

Didn't they have an issue with people damaging property when Be Our Guest opened?

There was a major issue at Be Our Guest when it opened. People were vandalizing the knights in the armory. It got so bad that imagineers had to completely redo part of the armor. Theft is also a big problem as well in New Fantasyland. People have been snatching up or ripping off a piece of anything they can get a hold of just to have a unique souvenir. BOG stopped putting salt and pepper shakers on the tables for that very reason. Apparently, people thought the salt and pepper shakers would sing and dance when they got home despite the fact they come in a box of about a dozen from DON or one of the other major kitchen suppliers Disney uses.

Mr. Moderate

I think Indiana Jones at Disneyland is the way to do an interactive queue. No games as such but effects that you can trigger. Doesn't hold up the line and is more interesting to me at least.

I agree 100% and I think it's the only ride where I actually enjoy the long que and walking through it. It's interesting and fits within the theme of the attraction, but doesn't have the touch screen games where you see kids just beat on while their parents look the other way. On IJFJ at DL, there's nothing to really beat on and the que holds up well to the idiots in our society who think nothing of defacing property of others. I got to agree with the others here on this thread who feel that those interactive elements which look and sound great in theory, in reality, just provides a choke point and hold up the lines.

alissafalco

Not to be the voice of rationality here, but how exactly does somebody playing on their phone while waiting in a long line affect anybody whatsoever? Seems like there are better things to be mad about.

I regularly play around on my phone while bored in lines, and I'm far from being an "idiot" or any of the other ridiculous insults being tossed around in here. I guess I'm sorry that my shocking behavior is so offensive to others.
Also, how do you know they are playing? Just because people are at WDW does not mean their outside lives have come to a stop. Many people still have to check emails/messages etc for work. I myself have been on the phone scheduling dining reservations through MDE while in the park. Does that make me an idiot???

cw1982

Also, how do you know they are playing? Just because people are at WDW does not mean their outside lives have come to a stop. Many people still have to check emails/messages etc for work. I myself have been on the phone scheduling dining reservations through MDE while in the park. Does that make me an idiot???

This. Oh, and I guess I'm an idiot too for using my phone to look at wait times for other rides, look at the weather reports, or to check my texts to make sure my friends haven't sent any important information about our cat, whom they were feeding while we were gone.

I also accepted a job offer while I was at Disney. I guess I should have avoided that phone call and possibly missed out on a great career opportunity.

I do agree that some people should scale back their phone use and try to focus on enjoying their vacation, but when I see someone looking at their phone I usually can't tell what they are seeing. Seems a little unfair to judge with that little information.

HiYa Pal

was ur glare like this?...
larry-david-staredown-o.gif

More like this
the_glare.jpg

DisneyOutsider

*shrug* We're on a message board where people spend multiple hours of their days discussing, rehashing and dissecting the goings-on at a theme park. We overshot "first world problems" a long time ago.

Sorry, I think it was the comparison to Hell that put it way over the top for me and struck a funny bone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom