Seven Day Press Event Scheduled for May 21st

jrhwdw

Its pretty obvious Disney wants to take press away from Universal and Volcano Bay. The question is what press is going to go where?
Wonder what WDW will do to counter VB? FOF and Frozen Summer when Potter came to USO. MSEP came back to Orlando when Potter came to Orlando.

Minthorne

I just squeezed a short trip in right after memorial day and just before my AP expires with the hope Pandora opens Memorial day weekend. Am I in a pipe dream?

BubbaQuest

Its pretty obvious Disney wants to take press away from Universal and Volcano Bay. The question is what press is going to go where?

"Look we have slide shows" vs "Come to the grand opening of a brand new theme park". Will be interesting to see how much noise Uni can create with this grand opening.

Think Disney might try Avatar media walkthroughs even if it's not ready to open?

PREMiERdrum

Thinking through this, I'd be surprised if the 7 day event was for the full contingent. These events typically invite a huge amount of media folks who come "off the clock," with the mouse banking on them feeding material to their social channels. The Nielsen May ratings period doesn't end until 7am on Wednesday, May 24th, and television stations very, very, very rarely allow time off during ratings periods (Feb, May, July, and Nov). I'm wondering if the bulk of the event isn't Wednesday through Friday, with the public grand opening of Pandora on Thursday or Friday morning (presumably the morning after what I'm sure will be an incredible evening party, if the FLE and TT launch parties were any indication).

Rteetz

"Look we have slide shows" vs "Come to the grand opening of a brand new theme park". Will be interesting to see how much noise Uni can create with this grand opening.

Think Disney might try Avatar media walkthroughs even if it's not ready to open?
Possibly but I've got to think it's going to be very close to ready if they are scheduling for this event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom