Seven Day Press Event Scheduled for May 21st

Princess Leia

I guess I really should watch that movie one of these days!!
If you've seen Pocahontas or Ferngully, just imagine either of those taking place in space and you're good. ;)

csmat99

Some more info on this.

Invited guests could preview Pandora as early as the 14th. Select preview invites are being sent out for May 14th- 17th.

The official media preview begins the 21st. There are plans for AP/DVC soft openings and then possibly regular guests after that.
Meaning Avatar won't open to the public until June 1st or after. The other interesting thing with Avatar and surprised hasn't been talked about is when Disney moved Star wars to December 2017 from May 17' they really put JC in tough spot with Avatar 2 which comes out 10 days after and Avatar 3 going against the Hans solo movie in Dec 18'. I predict Avatar 2 will be another waterworld which is poetic since it's my understanding 2 is supposed to partly take place under the sea.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Some more info on this.

Invited guests could preview Pandora as early as the 14th. Select preview invites are being sent out for May 14th- 17th.

The official media preview begins the 21st. There are plans for AP/DVC soft openings and then possibly regular guests after that.

Previews as early as May 14th...

That's pretty big news. Thanks for the info, but why isn't everyone going bonkers over this?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Previews as early as May 14th...

That's pretty big news. Thanks for the info, but why isn't everyone going bonkers over this?

probably because Disney's track record recently on expansions has been ho-hum....and this will only consist of 2 new rides.... they need to knock it out of the park big time with Pandora. We'll see... it certainly has a chance to.

Rteetz

probably because Disney's track record recently on expansions has been ho-hum....and this will only consist of 2 new rides.... they need to knock it out of the park big time with Pandora. We'll see... it certainly has a chance to.
Yep, plus you have people who still think Pandora shouldn't be part of Disney so they instantly don't like it.

Ismael Flores

Indeed... opening of Pandora could get big crowds, otherwise, it's tough to imagine what Disney could announce that would compare with the opening of a new highly themed waterpark.

It will be interesting to see when Disney decides to start the heavy promotion for Pandora.

If they hold off to long international tourist don't have enough time for booking and most won't show up till later in the year. If they start to early then it might change people's minds and hold off vacations that might have happened in the Spring time until summer and I don't think they want that.
Since reports show that WDW attendance is down they probably want a decent attendance number for the Spring quarter.

I haven't heard of Disney doing any major promotion yet in Latin America or Europe already for Pandora. I would think that they would already start in the next couple of months to attract summer tourism.
I'm guessing the first few months for Pandora attendance will have to rely on local guests

DisneyJoe

Some more info on this.

Select travel agency owners were just invited for an event May 23-24. (Dates are noted as 23-25, but the 25th is just a departure day)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom