Service is getting worse

KCC

Original Poster
We have been a Disney lover. We have been to Disney world and Disneyland over 5 times since our kids have been born.

This trip so far has been terribly disappointment from the cast members service. From the phone triage center, restaurant staff, to transportation, I have been consistently told there is a disclaimer to cover their advertisement .

After waiting over 35 mins for bus from dolphin to magic kingdom, watched 3 animal kingdom and 2 Disney Spring buses go by, we were told by Matt that the expected wait is 30 min. It will take longer for his manager to address any issues, and go complaint to front desk. He proudly to point out his bus number for any complaint.

Not to mention the poor call experience from the Disney call center when I tried to explain that we want to watch epicot firework and the restaurant advertised waterfront view to watch firework can't provide firework view. We just want to watch firework and try to figure out resolution. The attitude was there is a disclaimer that there is no guarantee. Disney is within their right.

These consistent poor customer service within 24 hours is really ruin my Disney experience. No one care.

KCC

Original Poster
Wonder if that is corporate decision for lack oversight on customer service training... if so, Disneyland is not going to be better....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We have been a Disney lover. We have been to Disney world and Disneyland over 5 times since our kids have been born.

This trip so far has been terribly disappointment from the cast members service. From the phone triage center, restaurant staff, to transportation, I have been consistently told there is a disclaimer to cover their advertisement .

After waiting over 35 mins for bus from dolphin to magic kingdom, watched 3 animal kingdom and 2 Disney Spring buses go by, we were told by Matt that the expected wait is 30 min. It will take longer for his manager to address any issues, and go complaint to front desk. He proudly to point out his bus number for any complaint.

Not to mention the poor call experience from the Disney call center when I tried to explain that we want to watch epicot firework and the restaurant advertised waterfront view to watch firework can't provide firework view. We just want to watch firework and try to figure out resolution. The attitude was there is a disclaimer that there is no guarantee. Disney is within their right.

These consistent poor customer service within 24 hours is really ruin my Disney experience. No one care.

There is limited space in a restaurant, so if you called after the point where they were booked up there really isn't much Disney can do about it.

Superpocky

I want to offer our experience during our past stay, March 2017. We were staying at the Saratoga Springs resort. One day, we had to wait a little over 30 mins for the bus to the Animal Kingdom. The bus monitor there, forgot his name, apologized multiple times and even gave us a voucher for a fastpass to any attraction and of course we picked Sorin'! Every time he apologized for the late bus, we would respond back with "It's not your fault and we are in no hurry anyway.".

Another one: we really like the in-room coffee and the little shampoo and conditioner. We we left a note to the housekeeping letting them know how much we enjoy the coffee and the shampoo. When we got back to our room that day, there was a literally a bag full of those shampoo, conditioners and coffee!

So people there do care and we had another "magical" time at the world. :D

KCC

Original Poster
La Hacienda de San Angel
Reservation was at 9. We stopped by at 7 to see if there is anything we can do not to miss the firework... earlier dining, check- in earlier, any options... was told no, no, no... other than come at 845 for earliest check in and no guarantee... mind you we are not asking for window view, just not to miss the fireworks...

Glad there is a hope for transportation since we have 4 more days to go...0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
La Hacienda de San Angel
Reservation was at 9. We stopped by at 7 to see if there is anything we can do not to miss the firework... earlier dining, check- in earlier, any options... was told no, no, no... other than come at 845 for earliest check in and no guarantee... mind you we are not asking for window view, just not to miss the fireworks...

Glad there is a hope for transportation since we have 4 more days to go...0
Where were you sat that you had absolutely no view of the fireworks?

I have viewed the fireworks from La Hacienda several times and nearly every table in the main dining area has at least a fair view of the fireworks. Sure, some spots are better than others but there is not a restaurant on Disney property that will guarantee you a particular seat save for the Chef's Table at Victoria and Albert's

You also made your reservation for the exact time that the fireworks start. In all probability you will not be sat until the fireworks are nearly finished.

What exactly should they have done to make you happy?

KCC

Original Poster
If the hostess have told me that when I was there at 7, then it would not have been a problem... rather than told me there is no guarantee for a view...

This is purely avoidable customer service issues... That is the disconnect I am talking about, rather than focus on solving the problem: focusing on when the bus will be there for pickup when the guests have waited over 35 minutes, or simply explain all tables have a view... rather than answers about disclaimers of no guarantees and wait for the bus...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If the hostess have told me that when I was there at 7, then it would not have been a problem... rather than told me there is no guarantee for a view...

This is purely avoidable customer service issues... That is the disconnect I am talking about, rather than focus on solving the problem: focusing on when the bus will be there for pickup when the guests have waited over 35 minutes, or simply explain all tables have a view... rather than answers about disclaimers of no guarantees and wait for the bus...
What she told you was the truth...they can not guarantee you a view.

What should she have done?

KCC

Original Poster
What you have told me that there is a view at every table and we likely will not miss the firework by the time we are seated...

Maybe you should work for Disney...

KBLovedDisney

giphy.gif

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What you have told me that there is a view at every table and we likely will not miss the firework by the time we are seated...

Maybe you should work for Disney...
I have not told you that you would be seated in time. I told you exactly the opposite. I told you that with an ADR time of 9:00 that you would not be seated until the fireworks were nearly over.

You have also not answered the question I have asked you twice already...What should she have done?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is a view in every table and I will get to see fire works...
Is that an answer? She should have told you there is a view at every table and you will get to see fireworks?

That would be a lie.

Not every table has a view. About 90% do, but not all.

You also had a reservation for the exact time the fireworks started. It would quite literally be impossible for them to seat you the second you walked through the door.

How about next time you make an ADR for say 1/2 to one hour prior to when the fireworks start. You will stand a much better shot and being sat in time to see them.

If that is not possible, gut a spot an hour before or so before show time in one other multiple public viewing areas.

If you want a guaranteed view book a fireworks cruise or book the IllumiNations Dessert Party.

mouse_luv

First of all, the Dolphin isn't an "official" Disney resort it's owned by Starwood resorts. Secondly, if you wanted to get to the MK badly enough you could have walked over from the Dolphin to the bus stops at DHS in about ten mins and hop a bus there, and if you had park hopper tickets you could have walked to the entrance of EPCOT and hopped the Monorail there to transfer to the MK monorail.
All things are possible if you think out alternatives. There have been many times that rather than wait 30 mins for a bus we walk or find another close by form of transportation to get us to our destination quicker.

Next, if you want to watch the EPCOT fireworks badly enough, then just park yourselves pretty much anywhere around the lagoon and watch them. That's the fireworks show with the most accessible places to watch easily. I understand you'd like to eat with a fireworks view but they can't promise it to everyone. Sorry.

The call center is another story.

Disney was in the right here where they needed to be. The Dolphin doesn't have anything to do with it so if you have a beef with them and their sucky customer service then take it up with Starwood Resorts.

Have a magical day!

mousehockey37

Say what now? Disney has a phone triage center? I see it now... We need 30cc's of Mickey Bar to resuscitate this iPhone... STAT!!!!

You should always check with your front desk on the bus schedules. (having been before though, you "should" know this, right?)

Disney owes you nothing. You paid for admission, you get what you make of it.

La Hacienda de San Angel

Well, the only thing you can do to NOT miss the fireworks is NOT schedule anything DURING the fireworks! Easy enough. They were correct at the restaurant. The no's that you received were correct. Sorry bout yer luck.

There are no guarantees with anything at Disney. You're technically off-site, but what stopped you from walking over to the Boardwalk/Beach Club and getting on the DISNEY buses or a boat even to get where you wanted to go? As for the restaurant, that was just poor planning. You wanted to see the fireworks, knowing they go off at 9, but you made a meal reservation for that time in "hopes" of having a front row seat with no one on top of you. Sorry, not sorry. Your expectations for this "fireworks meal" were too much. They told you what you didn't want to hear and took a fit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom