Service is getting worse

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
That is helpful...

If the bus driver would have taken the time to tell me, rather than go complaint to front desk... it would have solve some of my frustration...,

The bus driver doesnt know. The bus driver cant tell you what you want to know cause he doesnt. But glad to hear you're going to enjoy the rest of your vacation!

mousehockey37

Only when it comes to attractions. They're oblivious when it comes to bus schedules.
images

The Empress Lilly

So dolphin is operated by Sheraton, bus transportation is by Disney.

The transportation is provided by Disney.

For the record, there was only 9oclock reservation left. We were not asking for premium seating... reservation cannot be cancelled without panelty. Why did we scheduled at 9, because the restaurant description says there is firework view.

We definitely need more terminology lessons for Disney...

At the end of the day, Disney has many merits. It is magical...

Disney definitely doesn't owe me anything. However, may it be my high expectation, poor planing, Customer service is not what I remembered.

It is a great place for many others....
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I too have had many a plan ruined by a bus no-show. It is useless. It is more than useless when your hotel advertises its on-site transportation as a major perk.

As for the restaurant, Disney shouldn't advertise fireworks viewing when they can't give you fireworks viewing. Small print disclaimers are for crooks, not for a premium branded and premium priced destination.

"Fireworks with Your Feast
Tall windows overlooking the lagoon offer diners prime views of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth."

The Empress Lilly

Also, why didn't you just walk or take the boat to Epcot (if the bus wasn't coming) and go get on the monorail to the TTC and then to the MK? It's a little out of the way, but still gets you to the MK... Sometimes ya just gotta know the contingency routes to get on your way.
One first has to spend 35 minutes waiting in vain to realise the waiting will have been in vain.

Swolphin to EPCOT front entrance is 30-40 minutes on foot. I believe KCC has two small kids to drag along too. The heat and humidity don't help either.

And at any rate, this is a premium resort, with exorbitant prices. Families with small children shouldn't have to hike 40 minutes through gruesome weather just to get on transportation that will take them to where they need to go. This is not a third world tourist trap dunghole. (Well it is, but we'll pretend it is still a world class resort which writes the book on customer service.)

ToTBellHop

You right.. I do have 2 kids and you can just imagine the fun waiting.... lol
We had to wait that long with little ones coming back from the old Downtown Disney Marketplace bus station. What a nightmare...

Hope your visit is improving. Some people can be a bit callous around here. While you could have planned some of this better, it is a relatively new occurrence that some Disney CMs try to make guests feel stupid. Us veterans need to remember that planning a WDW vacation is extremely complicated and most of us understand the little nuances after many years and many trips. Disney's marketing language should be more clear, not legalese. For example, they claim buses come about every 20 minutes to get you to book and then sometimes fail to deliver and some CMs then have the audacity to try to make the guest feel stupid. That's poor guest service. Even Starbucks would at least apologize.

Chef Mickey

So your 2 complaints are a semi-long wait for a bus from a NON Disney hotel and the lack of firework seating (which is limited and not guaranteed).

This is why I say Disney hasn't gotten worse. In actuality, guests have become ridiculous in their expectations. I'd argue neither complaint is even legitimate.

Is this a troll account?

Chef Mickey

From Dolphin, you can easily take the monorail to MK (since you can walk to EPCOT), so you even have that option. It's actually a great location but is not even a Disney hotel. I've noticed the Starwood staff is not nearly as good as even staff at value resorts.

Get over yourself and have a good time.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Rent a car and all your transportation problems will be solved. Rely on others and frustration will be yours, big time. Buses are massive vehicles that roll along highways in traffic. They can only go as fast as traffic will allow, or as long as mechanical problems don't crop up unexpectedly. The transportation system at Disney is huge. As big, if not bigger then, most bus systems in large cities. They cannot be at everyplace at the same time so there is always the chance that one will be late or even not make it at all. Not intentionally, but, in reality. It isn't a private limo service, it is public and whenever the public is involved, unexpected things happen.

As for your Fireworks dilemma. Well, it just seems that you don't really understand how this all works. There are thousands of people there everyday. All of them would like a window seat with a view of the fireworks. By the time you made your reservations there is a good chance that all the places were taken up, because they would indeed get there earlier then the Fireworks. That isn't your fault nor is it Disney's it was just the timing and luck thing that didn't allow you to have a better time to make a reservation. The person at the restaurant that you talked too, could not say that you would get a view, nor could they say that you wouldn't. People change their minds and sometimes a place will open up just before you arrive. But, it will indeed be first come first served. It's too bad, but, again the earlier you make the reservations the better chance you have of getting a choice spot. No one deceived you, but, I didn't see where they mislead you either.

You seem to be judging customer service based on how many were able to move the heavens to make things work out for you. Some of that stuff you have to do for yourself. Something like getting to the bus earlier and not having to rely on them being there exactly when you want them to be. It is a recipe of disappointment all the time.

I have been unable to understand what your call triage is all about. I don't even know what that is, so I will not comment on it at all.

IanDLBZF

The transportation system at Disney is huge. As big, if not bigger then, most bus systems in large cities. They cannot be at everyplace at the same time so there is always the chance that one will be late or even not make it at all. Not intentionally, but, in reality.
The same can pretty much go for LYNX and/or Votran (they're both fixed route systems running on timetables when compared to Disney Transportation).

Goofyernmost

The same can pretty much go for LYNX and/or Votran (they're both fixed route systems running on timetables when compared to Disney Transportation).
True, and I would bet anything that they are not always on time regardless of what the fixed route schedule says. It is what they aim for with a great deal of concern for accuracy, but, it is impossible to always adhere to and it hinges on many things, not the least of which is traffic flow. Just because the schedule says they will be someplace at a certain time does not in any way mean that they are successful all the time. They also don't carry a bunch of whiny, demanding tourists with no knowledge about how public transportation works, or in some cases, doesn't work and expect them to float up and over other traffic to get to your location.

DisneyJoe

So your 2 complaints are a semi-long wait for a bus from a NON Disney hotel and the lack of firework seating (which is limited and not guaranteed).

This is why I say Disney hasn't gotten worse. In actuality, guests have become ridiculous in their expectations. I'd argue neither complaint is even legitimate.

Is this a troll account?

Swan/Dolphin buses are run by Disney as part of the Epcot area bus loop with the boardwalk inn and yacht/beach club, just like the crescent lake boats.

Goofyernmost

It's always nice to know that anytime someone has a questionable experience at Disney that it is their fault and Disney is always blameless. It's why they don't actually have to improve service even back to Eisner standards because it's always your fault.
And it is just as foolish to say that the person has not played a part in it. It isn't fault it is accepting reality. That fact is something that is somewhat puzzling to understand. In a world that is forever throwing us crap, we expect that things will always be exactly the way we want it, just because we want it. If people cannot accept that reality exists and understand that not everything is possible as long as a place like WDW exists in the real world, then they are always going to be disappointed and nothing will make them happy. That is something that no company, be it Disney or anyone else can combat... unrealistic expectations that are demanded by a sometimes ignorant entitled few. Thankfully, not everyone is like that or there would be no one available anymore to cater to everyones tiny little needs.

The Empress Lilly

unrealistic expectations that are demanded by a sometimes ignorant entitled few. Thankfully, not everyone is like that or there would be no one available anymore to cater to everyones tiny little needs.
This is how the Swolphin advertises its bus transport:

2. What are the times of departure to and from the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin?

To Parks:
Buses depart from the front entrance of the Swan wing and the Dolphin wing to the Magic Kingdom® Park, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park and all other venues approximately every 20 – 25 minutes.
http://www.swandolphin.com/feedback/transportation.html

This is how the Hacienda advertises its dinner:

"Fireworks with Your Feast
Tall windows overlooking the lagoon offer diners prime views of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth."

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/hacienda-de-san-angel/

A customer paid a premium price for both products. Expecting the advertised goods to be delivered. Neither were. And he is subjected to a barrage of hideous insults by other customers?

L.C. Clench

And it is just as foolish to say that the person has not played a part in it. It isn't fault it is accepting reality. That fact is something that is somewhat puzzling to understand. In a world that is forever throwing us crap, we expect that things will always be exactly the way we want it, just because we want it. If people cannot accept that reality exists and understand that not everything is possible as long as a place like WDW exists in the real world, then they are always going to be disappointed and nothing will make them happy. That is something that no company, be it Disney or anyone else can combat... unrealistic expectations that are demanded by a sometimes ignorant entitled few. Thankfully, not everyone is like that or there would be no one available anymore to cater to everyones tiny little needs.
I'm curious what part did the OP play in this? It's unreasonable for him to expect Disney to uphold their end of the agreements? I don't recall them asking for anything more than what Disney noted they will provide. If they had gotten mad because it was a 10 minute wait for the bus that would be one thing but it wasn't. Also if they wanted Fireworks view at Biergarten then sure that's understandable they would be in the wrong. Simply thinking that the things advertised would be provided appropriately isn't being an unreasonable customer or not accepting reality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom