See Your Name on Poster in Rock N Roller Coaster Queue

UKDisney Dave

When did the forum get taken over by a bunch of grumpy grumps???

These little touches are what makes the parks magical.

Kids are going to love seeing thier name in lights/posters/screens or whatever! Or seeing Mum/Dad/uncles name! So what if the technology isn't amazing, it doesn't need to be. So what if a child's name appears on screen, on what possible planet could this possibly actually lead to issues of privacy? I used to wear a badge at work when I had my first job at 16, and no one ever stole my identity or tried to run off with me (hey don't knock it I was darn cute at 16!)

Seriously the money has already been spent to role out magic band technology, and I'm sure it had nothing to do with personalised screens, and everything to do with tracking guest behaviours to improve the bottom line. So what? That's what businesses do, and the money's been spent already it can't be un-spent. The addition of a few screens isn't costing the earth, it's certainly not enough to fix Epcot!!

So let's build on the magic where we can. It's the little touches that make the magic memorable.

And remember folks, it takes more effort to frown, so crack a smile! There's worse things going on in the world than a screen with names on! Just open your heart and give it a go. You might like it!

ChrisFL

Premium Member

Kids are going to love seeing thier name in lights/posters/screens or whatever! Or seeing Mum/Dad/uncles name! So what if the technology isn't amazing, it doesn't need to be. So what if a child's name appears on screen, on what possible planet could this possibly actually lead to issues of privacy? I used to wear a badge at work when I had my first job at 16, and no one ever stole my identity or tried to run off with me (hey don't knock it I was darn cute at 16!)

Seriously the money has already been spent to role out magic band technology, and I'm sure it had nothing to do with personalised screens, and everything to do with tracking guest behaviours to improve the bottom line. So what? That's what businesses do, and the money's been spent already it can't be un-spent. The addition of a few screens isn't costing the earth, it's certainly not enough to fix Epcot!!

So let's build on the magic where we can. It's the little touches that make the magic memorable.

And remember folks, it takes more effort to frown, so crack a smile! There's worse things going on in the world than a screen with names on! Just open your heart and give it a go. You might like it!

Hello and welcome to WDWMagic

We're often a bit cynical here because this small touch of adding names to the end of existing rides, part of the $2 billion spent on this mymagic+ program could have been spent on building 3-4 new attractions at each of WDW's parks instead.

yeti

I was just on Expedition Everest yesterday, and we were the only ones in the queue who noticed what was going on with the posters.

Incomudro

WDW
Walt Disney World Whiners
Sometimes I need to double check that I haven't stumbled onto the complaint forum.

Incomudro

We're often a bit cynical here because this small touch of adding names to the end of existing rides, part of the $2 billion spent on this mymagic+ program could have been spent on building 3-4 new attractions at each of WDW's parks instead.

Perhaps they should build a Pandora, a Star Wars Land, or re-imagine Downtown Disney as Disney Springs.
Oh, wait...

Luxe

Criticism is how you improve. If people said everything Disney does is an absolute masterpiece of perfection, nothing would ever change and the parks would be a nightmare. It's always healthy to discuss issues and how that can be improved.

Dartha Stewart

I personally like these new subtle additions. One of my biggest complaints about Disney rides & attractions in the past was how they didn't properly give me attention or recognition as a guest. What's the point of riding through a haunted mansion or the deep realms of outer space if I don't feel like a true star of the story myself? And by "true star" of the story, I don't mean just a simple audience member going along for the ride. I mean actual name recognition. With these new interactive features, I get the satisfaction of knowing that I'm part of the story itself...not just another rider going by the action. It's cute. It's simple. It adds more "Me" to the magic.

Not to mention, it also helps keep the "Escape From Reality" factor from getting too outta control by using simple reminders of who were are & where we live. I'll take this over a new E-ticket any day!

captainmoch

Perhaps they should build a Pandora, a Star Wars Land, or re-imagine Downtown Disney as Disney Springs.
Oh, wait...
2 new lands that are years away and a bigger shopping mall. While those are nice to have, wouldn't it have been nice to have those AND 2 billion dollars worth of new attractions and improvements from the MM+ budget?

The Hatbox Ghost

I have been waiting for Disney to start implementing features like this ever since they began rolling out the bands and I believe the majority of park enthusiasts would agree that ad-ons like this are POSITIVE! I fail to see the negative on this one; if you don't want an enhanced experience just opt for a card and not a band.

Kman101

Guess what - if you don't like them, you keep walking. But people who like them, by all means, let them enjoy it. Not everyday you get exposed to unique technologies. I didn't realize so many people rather see the Hannah Montana Hollywood Records poster that much.

I slightly agree; if it makes a guests day more special, who cares? But I understand why people think the money and time spent [which probably is a kick in the bucket] could be spent and used elsewhere, and for many, the effect is going to be lost and missed on them, but it's not a huge deal.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Criticism is how you improve. If people said everything Disney does is an absolute masterpiece of perfection, nothing would ever change and the parks would be a nightmare. It's always healthy to discuss issues and how that can be improved.
Well first off, do you think Disney's top management gives a hoot what criticisms are spelled out here? Quite obviously, not everything that Disney does is a masterpiece, but they are certainly getting better now than in the recent past. What the heck is wrong with adding these touches to certain rides and queues? Kids would love to see their names up there. It certainly is healthy to discuss issues, but it seems that most here lately feel that if you like anything that Disney does, you are a pixie dust snorting idiot with rose colored glasses while you drink the Disney kool-aid. Northing could be further than the truth. Oh, and we like the additions to DS as we spend a good amount of time there every trip. It's looking pretty awesome. Oh, and attacking a new poster like people here have already done is completely unacceptable.

UKDisney Dave

I agree healthy debate is good. My point is that people are criticising the only part of MM+ that's actually fun and a little magical, instead of getting to the nuts and bolts, which is that most people who are moaning seem not to like MM+ itself. Fair play, it's a huge budget spent on an infrastructure/tech project that's not very exciting, and many would argue has changed the way people spend time the parks (lack of spontaneity, rushing from fast past to fast pass etc.). I can see why people don't like it.

But don't grump at the screens, there cute, whimsical, and just a touch magical. And as I said before, the dollars spent putting in a few tv's at the end of each ride ain't gonna cover a redo of universe of energy no matter how far you stretch the budget!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I agree healthy debate is good. My point is that people are criticising the only part of MM+ that's actually fun and a little magical, instead of getting to the nuts and bolts, which is that most people who are moaning seem not to like MM+ itself. Fair play, it's a huge budget spent on an infrastructure/tech project that's not very exciting, and many would argue has changed the way people spend time the parks (lack of spontaneity, rushing from fast past to fast pass etc.). I can see why people don't like it.

But don't grump at the screens, there cute, whimsical, and just a touch magical. And as I said before, the dollars spent putting in a few tv's at the end of each ride ain't gonna cover a redo of universe of energy no matter how far you stretch the budget!
The only problem is that you don't get healthy debate around here very much anymore. The most vocal posters here anymore don't seem to like anything that Disney has done lately (they're wrong), and you aren't supposed to either. What they fail to understand is just because they don't like something, doesn't make it bad or wrong. Oh, and we actually like MM+ and what it brings. We never cared for the old FP system, because it never worked for us. We love FP+ and how it allows us to tour the way we want to. We never rush from FP to FP, and take our time. We stop and smell the roses as it were.

Oh, and will people stop the carp that the old FP system was spontaneous. That's utter nonsense. If you go over to TSMM at 10am, and the FP return time was 6:30PM, well if you want to go, then you are tied to that little ticket. That is the absolute opposite of spontaneous.

UKDisney Dave

Hi Chris, firstly, thanks for the warm welcome. Really nice of you. It's always good to be noticed, thanks.

Did MM+ really cost $2 billion? If so I will never look at my magic band in the same way again. For $2 billion you would have thought they could have at least added some sparkles or the very least a picture of Mickey to the bands. Okay I know you can buy things to decorate the band, but don't get me started on up charging for stuff else I will become the grumpy one!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom