See Your Name on Poster in Rock N Roller Coaster Queue

jessfriends

Original Poster
Not sure if this was posted or not but I'm at the studios and noticed my name and city on a poster in the queue on the right side before you go to the loading area before the preshow. I noticed my name and was like oh cool and then my city and I tried to take a photo but it changed to someone else and I had to move on. If I can get one I will share but thought this was very cool.

I didn't see my name on small world yesterday but I like the personalization!

William Brown

I think the storymaker add-ins that are popping up around the parks is very cool and have a lot of potential. For the folks that think it is somewhat of an invasion of privacy, I totally get where they are coming from and perhaps Disney could offer a way to "opt out." However, I do believe that it's a little naive to think that our information isn't already being captured and used to some extent via RFID technology hidden all over the parks.

CrescentLake

I love these little additions. We know that the Mansion, Small World, Expedition Everest, and Rockin' Roller Coaster all have them. Anything else?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I fail to see how this kind of thing is impressive, and instead wonder how much money it took to develop, design, implement, and now maintain.

When does the sticky thread start where we track which ones of these break and don't get fixed?

I remember when MM+ was first talked about and this was one of the few "special" things that people mentioned. I also seem to recall hearing that this type of thing was too simple and they'd be doing more elaborate interactive features, but it looks like if that was the case, they've punted and just put people's names there.

The worst part about this, even if the system breaks, they could just revert to generic names and no one would be the wiser.

Incomudro

Not sure if this was posted or not but I'm at the studios and noticed my name and city on a poster in the queue on the right side before you go to the loading area before the preshow. I noticed my name and was like oh cool and then my city and I tried to take a photo but it changed to someone else and I had to move on. If I can get one I will share but thought this was very cool.

I didn't see my name on small world yesterday but I like the personalization!
Did this happen automatically with the Magic Bands, or is it something I need to log in and activate somehow?
Thanks!

asianway

I remember when MM+ was first talked about and this was one of the few "special" things that people mentioned. I also seem to recall hearing that this type of thing was too simple and they'd be doing more elaborate interactive features, but it looks like if that was the case, they've punted and just put people's names there.

The worst part about this, even if the system breaks, they could just revert to generic names and no one would be the wiser.
As I said when this junk started rolling out, I can't wait for the day a new generation of "historians" are able to document the broken remnants left behind in about 20 years

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom