Season Of The Force - Tomorrowland Overlay Opens November 16th

dweezil78

I had a pretty amazing apple brined pork chop at Carthay once that was a pretty substantial portion and I love their bacon cheese biscuit things, but otherwise, I definitely give the edge to the Carthay Lounge. Great food and drinks all around there for the most part.

Axoman

Are there good burgers in any Disney park? I know I give the ones in Condor Flats and Pecos Bill a pass because of the toppings bars, but they still aren't any good.

Pecos Bill doesn't have burgers any more, they changed the menu a little over a month ago. It's now Mexican.

I've had ok burgers at Disney, but to me, there are many more meals I enjoy at Disney that getting a great burger isn't a concern for me.

Phroobar

Jedi training academy is running right now. The stage is mostly the same. You still get Darth Vader and Darth Maul. There isn't any Star Wars Rebels tie in. Its the same show as always. They are keeping the elevator down. Must not work right now. Darth Vader just walks out.

ForeverAnna

I may be the only person on Earth who thinks that In-N-Out's burgers are mediocre. Better than Disneyland's, obviously, but not worth leaving the park to walk across Harbor Blvd to eat one IMO. I have a friend who lives in Atlanta and every time he comes here to the Bay Area (about twice a year for business) he has to go to In-N-Out for a hamburger. o_O

I'm with you Hans.

GiveMeTheMusic

Jedi training academy is running right now. The stage is mostly the same. You still get Darth Vader and Darth Maul. There isn't any Star Wars Rebels tie in. Its the same show as always. They are keeping the elevator down. Must not work right now. Darth Vader just walks out.

It's still being worked on. This is a stop-gap for the upcoming peak week for Thanksgiving. The new show will premiere December 8th IIRC.

TP2000

Original Poster
Me too. I don't see what's so special about In-N-Out. Especially since I'm from Texas I have been spoiled with amazing burgers and barbecue.

In-N-Out is definitely not like that Carthay Burger shown above. But for a $2.50 cheeseburger In-N-Out is fabulous. Plus the restaurants are always sparkling clean, the employees are clean cut and very polite, and the food quality is top notch. In-N-Out is the total opposite of any McDonald's or Carls Jr. or Burger King when it comes to quality, courtesy and cleanliness, but it's at the same prices or cheaper.

It's a cultural thing more than a "Oh My God That's The Best Burger On Earth" thing. But for fast food the burgers really are very good.

It's still being worked on. This is a stop-gap for the upcoming peak week for Thanksgiving. The new show will premiere December 8th IIRC.

Ah, that makes sense. Now that the stage is back from refurbishment they are rolling out the old show for the next week for the huge Thanksgiving crowds.

Remember folks, this whole Season Of The Force thing was rushed and opened weeks earlier than it was supposed to. It still hasn't even started out at WDW. Disneyland got it a month early, and the new Jedi show wasn't able to be rushed open in time.

Californian Elitist

Me too. I don't see what's so special about In-N-Out. Especially since I'm from Texas I have been spoiled with amazing burgers and barbecue.

In-N-Out uses fresh ingredients, and the taste of their food tells you. All of their ingredients are shipped in daily, including their beef. Speaking of beef, they never freeze theirs. It's always fresh, and actually real meat. Their cheese is real, their veggies are always fresh. They toast the buns and the spread they use is delicious. Their fries come from actual potatoes and never from a bag. You can always see them cutting the potatoes and putting the slices in the fryer. Their "secret menu" is popular and makes their "regular" food even more tasty. Plus, their employees are always pleasant and are treated well. In-N-Out employees are the highest paid when it comes to fast food chains, with managers making up to hundreds of thousands a year. The biblical verses on their cups and wrappers are cool, and they give away paper hats to customers, when asked. They never franchise and they have cool merchandise. Their simple menu has stayed the same for decades and they never compromise. That's what's so special about In-N-Out. In-N-Out is a California tradition and way of life... I wouldn't expect those who didn't grow up in California to understand the love.

California is definitely no slouch when it comes to burgers. Disneyland is the exception, but still.

D

Deleted member 107043

I wouldn't expect those who didn't grow up in California to understand the love.

I was born and raised in California and I don't understand it. Then again I'm from San Francisco, home of the famous Nopa Burger:

burger_nopa_08.jpg

http://www.7x7.com/eat-drink/10-best-burgers-city-0

We have one In-N-Out here, at Fisherman's Wharf about a block from the city's only Applebee's, and both are full of tourists.

Last edited by a moderator:

George Lucas on a Bench

The Season of the Force lighting rivals the lighting ceremonies of Cars Land and "it's a small world" Holiday. Smoke emanates from the radar dish and the Peoplemover track comes alive as the galactic insignia is projected onto the buildings and The Throne Room and End Title fills the soundscape.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom