Season Of The Force - Tomorrowland Overlay Opens November 16th

SpaceMountain75

Well, you're wrong about them being mediocre. This is just an indisputable fact proven by scientists around the world. Now whether or not they are worth leaving the park for is another question. IMO, there's not much worth leaving the park for other than perhaps Napa Rose or a drink at Trader Sam's. Post-park, however, I highly recommend Portillo's a little out of the way out by Knott's.
I second the Portillo's recommendation. Incredible food.

180º

Okay, I had my fun with Season of the Force, but the Disneyland website advertises its end date as May 26, 2016. So, two and a half Seasons of the Force, and at least a season and a half longer than I would have liked.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disneyland/star-wars/

I think I'm over it.

EDIT: Looks like multiple people took this post the wrong way. I'm not actually that salty. Turns out Season of the Force is running longer than I expected. I'm not trying to antagonize, and I understand the significance and demand of the event. I'll definitely enjoy it in the meantime for the novelty.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Okay, I had my fun with Season of the Force, but the Disneyland website advertises its end date as May 26, 2016. So, two and a half Seasons of the Force, and at least a season and a half longer than I would have liked.

I think I'm over it.

Well , as long as you ve seen it and are over it I guess it's time Disneyland ends SOTF. Not everyone has an AP and can get to the park often. For a day guest that one random visit in March or April may be the only chance they get to see it. I have a PAP and probably won't see it until late January. Plus didn't it just start two weeks ago?

Phroobar

I hope that when they do return space mountain to its original state that they start using all the projectors again. I want to see the space cookie and other stuff flying around using the ghost galaxy/hyper space mountain screens. It's been really disappointing that Space Mountain has lost so many of its effects over the last ten years.

While they are at it, light up the asteroid at the top of the lift hill!

100_3663.jpg

180º

Well , as long as you ve seen it and are over it I guess it's time Disneyland ends SOTF. Not everyone has an AP and can get to the park often. For a day guest that one random visit in March or April may be the only chance they get to see it. I have a PAP and probably won't see it until late January. Plus didn't it just start two weeks ago?
Hey, no hard feelings! I selfishly would have liked it to end maybe in late winter, but I understand there's high demand for it. I'll be missing regular Space Mountain until then, though.

Disney Analyst

I agree... In and Out is nothing special haha... Our American friends were shocked us Canadians had never been, so they took us... Was nothing special. Could take you to so many local, amazing burger places up here... I guess you pay for what you get... right?

mickEblu

Hey, no hard feelings! I selfishly would have liked it to end maybe in late winter, but I understand there's high demand for it. I'll be missing regular Space Mountain until then, though.

Lol , sorry . Didn't mean to come off offended. I selfishly would do a lot of things to. Like if I could press a button and magically end Paint the Night and bring back MSEP I would do it. I don't care who hasn't seen PTN. Lol

Phroobar

Why would anyone want MSEP back? That thing is so dated. I've seen better displays on our city's Christmas boat parade. How about the tech of paint the night with only classic Disney (no Pixar) instead?

mickEblu

Why would anyone want MSEP back? That thing is so dated. I've seen better displays on our city's Christmas boat parade. How about the tech of paint the night with only classic Disney (no Pixar) instead?

The music from MSEP is timeless IMO. Im a very musical person so anything from ride sound tracks to old school Harold howls are a big part of the experience for me. That and all of the smells in the park. I'm not a huge fan of the PTN soundtrack. Visually the parade is ok but I still think MSEP was more impressive. Sure the tech is better with PTN but MSEP was more magical and charming.

I have no problems with Pixar but I don't have any nostalgia with their characters or movies eventhough I like most of them. That may be because I was 13 when the first toy story came out so it wasn't a part of my early childhood.

Last edited:

nerdboyrockstar

I may be the only person on Earth who thinks that In-N-Out's burgers are mediocre. Better than Disneyland's, obviously, but not worth leaving the park to walk across Harbor Blvd to eat one IMO. I have a friend who lives in Atlanta and every time he comes here to the Bay Area (about twice a year for business) he has to go to In-N-Out for a hamburger. o_O

Wait.. its been 2 years since my last trip to DLR. Are you implying there's now an In-N-Out walking distance on Harbor??

TP2000

Original Poster

I think I'm over it.

It's now officially in its 8th day, the movie doesn't arrive in theaters for three and a half weeks, and you are already over it?

That's it gang, it's over. If you didn't make it to Disneyland in the last week it's already over. You missed it. Sorry. You're too late.

For those who haven't been to Disneyland this week, and just might be planning a visit later this fall or winter, or even spring, here's some additional photos from Season Of The Force this week, compliments of Dateline Disneyland.

The nighttime lighting is really a big improvement for Tomorrowland overall.
DSC_2996-L.jpg

DSC_3057-L.jpg

DSC_3114-L.jpg

The multi-level interior of Tomorrowland Expo Center seems to be doing its job of soaking up crowds. Again, this is a vast improvement over the tired interiors and corporate displays of Innoventions circa 1999-2014!
DSC_3563-L.jpg

180º

@TP2000, you may have missed this post.

Sorry for the confusion, everyone. I added a note to the end of my original (controversial, maybe poorly-worded) post above.

Californian Elitist

@TP2000, you may have missed this post.

Sorry for the confusion, everyone. I added a note to the end of my original (controversial, maybe poorly-worded) post above.

I understood your original post. There was nothing in it that would have made me assume you were trying to speak for everyone.

If I had it my way, Season of Force would end tomorrow. So serious lol.

GiveMeTheMusic

Finally got to see everything in person this weekend out of soft opening mode. It's pretty underwhelming. Hyperspace Mountain is fun and they did a very nice job with that. Everything else is beyond useless, including Launch Bay. It's cheap and lifeless. Better setups have been created for Comic-Cons and Star Wars Celebration, and this is semi-permanent.

The Path of the Jedi is the most laughable. It's so obvious that it's filler and they couldn't do whatever they actually wanted to do (a movie preview I'd imagine).

Travel Junkie

Yeah Path of the Jedi was pathetic especially coming from major studio.

I think it was such a wasted opportunity and I don't think money was the issue. You can tell money was spent. It's just spent poorly.

Hyperspace is fun, though it would have been nice if the projectors were updated. I felt like I was in the original Star Tours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom