Season Of The Force - Tomorrowland Overlay Opens November 16th

D

Deleted member 107043

I wonder why the food in TL is so bad when other eateries at the resort are decent to stellar?

Phroobar

Tomorrowland Terrace needs some kind of toppings bar like Smoke Jumpers has. It's amazing how bad they made the promo food. The pizza has gotten smaller and smaller and more disgusting every year. The salads are too small for the price and the noodles are under cooked and not worth waiting in line for. I just wish they would take Pizza Port out and turn it into an attraction again.

Why does the churro cart between star tours and buzz smell like barf?

George Lucas on a Bench

The quality of the food in Tomorrowland is about on par with the overall quality of the land. It isn't just the food itself. Now, I get that the Tomorrowland Terrance is a vintage Disneyland establishment and has that charm about it, despite the fact that it's basically a plain-looking outdoor food court with umbrellas in a land of the future. However, Pizza Port has no excuse or charm and is by far the worst eatery in the entire DLR. The design of that place is so atrocious, it's almost impossible to believe you're even at Disney anymore. Are you sure we didn't accidentally take the secret Space Mountain Harbor Boulevard exit and end up at Captain Kidd's? The food courts at the WDW All Star Resorts are better than that place.

Phroobar

The quality of the food in Tomorrowland is about on par with the overall quality of the land. It isn't just the food itself. Now, I get that the Tomorrowland Terrance is a vintage Disneyland establishment and has that charm about it, despite the fact that it's basically a plain-looking outdoor food court with umbrellas in a land of the future. However, Pizza Port has no excuse or charm and is by far the worst eatery in the entire DLR. The design of that place is so atrocious, it's almost impossible to believe you're even at Disney anymore. Are you sure we didn't accidentally take the secret Space Mountain Harbor Boulevard exit and end up at Captain Kidd's? The food courts at the WDW All Star Resorts are better than that place.

I totally agree. Pizza Port is ugly and totally outdated. It is the number one thing I would level in TL. The pizza needs to be buried as toxic waste along side the old Atari E.T. cartridges in New Mexico. The only good thing about it is the free refills.

I would not be sad if Tomorrowland Terrance was bulldozed and made into a new futuristic indoor sit down restaurant with AA aliens and droids. The rising stage is the only good thing about it and should be integrated into the new restaurant somehow.

Phroobar

I would like to see something like Sonny Eclipse or even Chuck E Cheese taken to the next level. Maybe Plectu's Intergalactic Revue as a restaurant with really good food.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Tomorrowland seems to be cursed food-wise worldwide. There isn't a single Disney castle park with decent Tomorrowland food. Apparently in the future, all we will eat is disgusting pizza and inedible burgers.

I've always enjoyed Pan Galactic Pizza Port in Tokyo and Starliner Diner in Hong Kong. The burger there was actually perfectly cooked.

GiveMeTheMusic

I've always enjoyed Pan Galactic Pizza Port in Tokyo and Starliner Diner in Hong Kong. The burger there was actually perfectly cooked.

I like the setup at Pan Galactic but I've yet to have a pizza in Japan that was truly...pizza. I had the Baymax burger in HKDL and was underwhelmed to say the least. It looked cool!

dweezil78

Are there good burgers in any Disney park? I know I give the ones in Condor Flats and Pecos Bill a pass because of the toppings bars, but they still aren't any good.

If we're just talking quick serve, not really... But beyond that, Carthay Circle has a pretty decent burger I'd say:
o.jpg

TP2000

Original Poster
I have never had the burger at Carthay. That does indeed look good.

My Carthay visits fall into two distinct categories; sudden and unplanned visits to the Lounge for a cocktail (sometimes I get thirsty!), or pre-planned celebratory and/or holiday dinners upstairs with four courses and wines while wearing a sport coat.

I will have to keep Carthay in mind for burgers when I'm tempted to get the rather sad burger 50 yards away at Smokejumpers Grill.

Californian Elitist

I've never had a good burger at Disney. I'll admit the Carthay burger looks good.

If I'm in the mood for a burger while I'm at Disney, I just go to In-N-Out down the street after my visit. The burger will guaranteed delicious and cheaper than a Disney one.

D

Deleted member 107043

I may be the only person on Earth who thinks that In-N-Out's burgers are mediocre. Better than Disneyland's, obviously, but not worth leaving the park to walk across Harbor Blvd to eat one IMO. I have a friend who lives in Atlanta and every time he comes here to the Bay Area (about twice a year for business) he has to go to In-N-Out for a hamburger. o_O

dweezil78

I may be the only person on Earth who thinks that In-N-Out's burgers are mediocre. Better than Disneyland's, obviously, but not worth leaving the park to walk across Harbor Blvd to eat one IMO. I have a friend who lives in Atlanta and every time he comes here to the Bay Area (about twice a year for business) he has to go to In-N-Out for a hamburger. o_O

Well, you're wrong about them being mediocre. This is just an indisputable fact proven by scientists around the world. Now whether or not they are worth leaving the park for is another question. IMO, there's not much worth leaving the park for other than perhaps Napa Rose or a drink at Trader Sam's. Post-park, however, I highly recommend Portillo's a little out of the way out by Knott's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom