scrapbook challenge, march 14-20

mouselvrmom

That is FABULOUS, eagles! I love it! I love how you made the circles look so much like a mickey head. I really wish I did that with mine. :eek:

Your poem is completely imaginative and very special. It sums up the page so well, yay for journaling! :sohappy:

I can't believe you hated the circles so much. Maybe we need to do them again next time. :lol:

eagles

Original Poster
Oh, and I really like the leathery-looking strips and those embellishments on them. What are they?

actually those strips are just black paper with a weird shaped mickey design on them. i just cut the paper. i know it doesn't look like black at all in the pic.

embellishments, you mean the 2 circles on both sides? why they are brads of course. :ROFLOL:

thanks for the compliments. :wave:

eagles

Original Poster
That is FABULOUS, eagles! I love it! I love how you made the circles look so much like a mickey head. I really wish I did that with mine. :eek:

Your poem is completely imaginative and very special. It sums up the page so well, yay for journaling! :sohappy:

I can't believe you hated the circles so much. Maybe we need to do them again next time. :lol:

thanks for the compliments. :wave:

now about those circles :brick::zipit:

justme86

First off, i have nothing to cut circles so i had to do it mself and as you can see i clearly am no good at it. Secondly the paper use to look clean and smooth til my cat decided to spend the night on it last night . And i really think the top needs some kinda title but i left it blank for now. Oh and as far as a hidden mickey theme mine is just hidden so well you can not see him in most the pictures.
0318081629.jpg

justme86

great job everyone.

Princess clayre and coree those letters are just to cute.
Myhappyplace i think that is just great how you arranged your picture.
Eagle it a no wonder why i steal your mickey stuff, you don't use it !!!
one day i will like my picture as much as the ones posted in here lol.:shrug:

mouselvrmom

Great page, just me! I love your vintage photos! I love the mickeys you have on the bottom of the page! Are they photos that you cut out? Or do they come on the paper like that? They look like they might have been photos that you cut out, in which case that would have been A LOT of work. :)

WDWFigment

First off, i have nothing to cut circles so i had to do it mself and as you can see i clearly am no good at it. Secondly the paper use to look clean and smooth til my cat decided to spend the night on it last night . And i really think the top needs some kinda title but i left it blank for now. Oh and as far as a hidden mickey theme mine is just hidden so well you can not see him in most the pictures.
0318081629.jpg

Wow! I love those vintage photos! You should scan them in and post them in the Picture of the Day thread. Some of us geeks would love to see more. (Great layout, too!)

WDWFigment

Got mine done. This was a fun one to do. My pictures were a little too large to do it exactly like eagles picture, so my lyrics had to go on the side of my pics, and my circles were a bit too large, but it still turned out ok in the end.

IMG_1940.jpg

Great page--I love the background. I think it would be really good for a Mickey buffet (chef mickey's, etc), because the circles remind me of plates!

DSCF1002.jpg
Hooraay, I've manage to upload my photo. Sorry if this is quite big.

I love the huge photos--you can see more details! Another great page! Is that song real? If so, from where?

Here's my entry for this week. The 4 lines of lyrics are a bit of a stretch, but . . .

DSC02432.jpg

I love the 'hidden mickey'! Great page (it looks like the little one has a fascination with Mickey already!).

crap! i didn't realize deleting it from photobucket would do that! i went and deleted all of the pics of my scrapbook pages...nooooooooooo!

sorry, clayre, yes i will repost.
what do the rest of you think. should i replace all of the pics in the other scrapbooking threads that i deleted. i have time tonight, so i could.

btw i also changed my avatar, too!

S6301652.jpg

Great font and background! Really good looking pics too (and another HM!).

ok here is mine, i will admit i scraplifted your ideas for it. and i will never use circles in a challenge again, i had the hardest time with them. i know the requirement also said to use a song or poem, since so many had use the mickey song, i decided to go with a poem, well sort of, i had some words at the ends that rhymed. so here it is and you can not laugh. you do not have permission to laugh at my poem or page.

micky.jpg

Fabulous! Great photos, arrangement, borders. I even like the poem (and I usually hate poetry...guess I should try "Disney Poems"!).

WDWFigment

Let me preface this by saying that while I am participating in your challenge, this does not make me a scrapbooker. This is still pure "Digital Image Manipulation" with slight variations. :p I added an extra picture, probably because I can't count, but possibly because I forgot it was only supposed to have three. :shrug:

I made this before viewing any of your submissions for the contest, and let me tell you--it shows. Every single layout I've seen here puts mine to shame. Maybe that's because it's only of our adopted feral instead of something cool like WDW, or maybe it's because of something else... oh well, perhaps next time!

Yossarian_Layoutcopy.jpg

I know the DUN DUN DUN DUN isn't actually part of the song, but whenever I sing it in my head, I add that little riff.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
eagles and justme...love your pages. eagles, that poem is so cute. what a creative way to combine journaling and the challenge requirements! just me-you did an excellent job with the circles for freehand! i use cm blades and i still can't cut circles without screwing up!!
figment aka :digitial image manipulator" :animwink:- love your ideas! i especially like how you have rafiki holding up your cat! its ok that there are 4 pics...the requirements are more actual "guidelines"!!
nice creations everyone!

mouselvrmom

Don't worry mr. digital manipulator, we won't tell anyone that you are posting layouts on our scrapbooking forum. :zipit: :lol:

I really like your page! I LOVE how you put your kitty in Rafiki's arms, pure genius! I love your four pictures and your lyrics. I also like how you have a fur background! Very nice, but definitely not scrapbooking. :ROFLOL:

Disneyfalcon

Excellent digital manipulation Figment!! The cat in Rafiki's arms is an awesome touch. Love the fur too.

Justme I think your photos are really neat. The page looks great!

Coree

The page looks great, justme. I'm seriously impressed with how good your circles look for doing them freehand.

Figment--very clever! The page is great and I love the lyrics you chose! You definintely created a page that could only be done digitally, so your title of Digital Image Manipulator is still safe! :lol:

justme86

Great page, just me! I love your vintage photos! I love the mickeys you have on the bottom of the page! Are they photos that you cut out? Or do they come on the paper like that? They look like they might have been photos that you cut out, in which case that would have been A LOT of work. :)

no they came on the paper. i am not that creative yet to come up with such a thing. thank god for paper with such.

justme86

Let me preface this by saying that while I am participating in your challenge, this does not make me a scrapbooker. This is still pure "Digital Image Manipulation" with slight variations. :p I added an extra picture, probably because I can't count, but possibly because I forgot it was only supposed to have three. :shrug:

I made this before viewing any of your submissions for the contest, and let me tell you--it shows. Every single layout I've seen here puts mine to shame. Maybe that's because it's only of our adopted feral instead of something cool like WDW, or maybe it's because of something else... oh well, perhaps next time!

Yossarian_Layoutcopy.jpg

I know the DUN DUN DUN DUN isn't actually part of the song, but whenever I sing it in my head, I add that little riff.

that is so funny i over looked the cat being held up their until i read what everyone else wrote. that is a great idea .

justme86

oooh now you all mention about the picture being vintage like after i cut them all up and tape them down :hammer:lol. maybe i can find some more. i did not even think anyone would notice they were old.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom