Say goodbye to ALL the clubs at PI.

yankspy

There is no brightside to this...

I may have to go back sooner than I planned. I expect the cloob to be packed on the 27th.
Honestly, besides AC, PI and the west side do nothing for me. I realize that is my opinion and many of you love it, but I have also seen many threads discussing how a lot of people would not miss it that much either.
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
Ditto.
this is absolutely ludacris! ugh, im so angry right now!

i dont reply much here, prob first in a LONG time, but i cant help it.

PI is so much fun, its insane they are closing ALL the clubs and putting in MORE restaurants and MORE shops.

honestly people, how much MORE money does disney need to make???

let people have fun and dance the night away! ugh!
This is kind of funny because so many of us are constantly complaining about how hard it is to get ADR's. Perhaps with more restaurants this will help with that problem. We have no idea of what kinds of shops or restaurants will be going there so perhaps we should reserve our judgement of whatever is going to be there until it is done.:wave:

IcicleM

I'm just curious as to what they will replace it with. :)

And to USED2BEPLUTO I give you a high five. I used to be, as well, and I've had some incredibly great moments with some kids; things I will NEVER forget. Thanks for loving the magic as much as me *hugs*

CaptainMichael

Haha, I don't live in Orlando anymore anyway, and I was under 21 when I lived down there so PI going means nothing to me. Good riddance, though, they lost a whole lot of business when they made it 21 and over, anyway.

I'm just curious as to what they will replace it with. :)

Stand in the middle of PI and look to your left and to your right, just more of the same stuff. They'll probably call it Downtown Disney Central or something unimaginative. I'll no longer have a reason for going there...except for maybe Earl of Sandwich.

Kenan

Honestly, besides AC, PI and the west side do nothing for me. I realize that is my opinion and many of you love it, but I have also seen many threads discussing how a lot of people would not miss it that much either.

Ditto.

This is kind of funny because so many of us are constantly complaining about how hard it is to get ADR's. Perhaps with more restaurants this will help with that problem. We have no idea of what kinds of shops or restaurants will be going there so perhaps we should reserve our judgement of whatever is going to be there until it is done.:wave:

nahh chill...
the likely suitors for restaurants at PI will be 3rd party as the Irish Pub was the "test" for it.
and really, how many more restaurants does disney need?
where is everyone gonna go have fun at night now? the atlantic dance club?
SAVE PI

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I am surprised and disheartened :cry::cry: by the closing of the Adventurer's Club and, to a lesser extent, the Comedy warehouse. AC in particular is a truly innovative, imaginative, and unique place. It has the Disney magic and theming in an adult environment.

Although the dance clubs never thrilled me all that much, PI is the only place to dance at WDW, and frankly, the resort will seem less complete without them.

I will welcome more restaurants and different entertainment venues, but the AC has been a favorite part of my WDW trips for so long that I believe future trips will all be lacking in something.

Lee

Adventurer
So...who is theis Kevin Lansberry, anyway?

"During his career, Kevin has had a unique variety of professional experiences beginning hiscareer in Finance and supporting several different Operations areas before moving into theBusiness Development area and preparing feasibility studies for many of the current WaltDisney World businesses.

Kevin then started the Alliance Development team at Walt DisneyWorld and worked with the company’s Corporate Partners on world-wide relationships. Fromthere he moved back to Finance as a Vice President at Walt Disney World and subsequentlyrelocated to Disneyland as Vice President of Finance.

In July of 2007 Kevin returned fromDisneyland to accept the role of Vice President of Downtown Disney.

Kevin holds a BS in Finance from Ball State University and an MBA from the Crummer School of Business at Rollins College."

A bean counter. An accountaneer. A sharp pencil boy.

Also, I just fired off an email to a rather well known and popular fan of the club. Will post the reply when it arrives, assuming it is appropriate.
:brick:

yankspy

nahh chill...
the likely suitors for restaurants at PI will be 3rd party as the Irish Pub was the "test" for it.
and really, how many more restaurants does disney need?
where is everyone gonna go have fun at night now? the atlantic dance club?
SAVE PI
I understand. If I was a local who was more into that scene then I would probably be upset too. I do think that they need more restaurants though.:)

epkotgirl

I'm having a hard time believing that Disney would close a place that is packed almost every night... The Adventurers Club is my favorite place to visit while I'm in WDW! I hope that the powers that be are paying attention to these threads and choose to relocate the AC!!!

Kenan

So...who is theis Kevin Lansberry, anyway?

"During his career, Kevin has had a unique variety of professional experiences beginning hiscareer in Finance and supporting several different Operations areas before moving into theBusiness Development area and preparing feasibility studies for many of the current WaltDisney World businesses.

Kevin then started the Alliance Development team at Walt DisneyWorld and worked with the company’s Corporate Partners on world-wide relationships. Fromthere he moved back to Finance as a Vice President at Walt Disney World and subsequentlyrelocated to Disneyland as Vice President of Finance.

In July of 2007 Kevin returned fromDisneyland to accept the role of Vice President of Downtown Disney.

Kevin holds a BS in Finance from Ball State University and an MBA from the Crummer School of Business at Rollins College."

A bean counter. An accountaneer. A sharp pencil boy.

Also, I just fired off an email to a rather well known and popular fan of the club. Will post the reply when it arrives, assuming it is appropriate.
:brick:

ugh! disney needs to get rid of these on the books people and get back the people who can DREAM a great place.
SAVE PI

Thelazer

This wouldn't be the first time the sharp pencil boys have nixed something because it looks good on a spreadsheet. I'm sure it won't be the last.

Fact is, Curl is doing pretty well. Lots of people shop there, Raglan’s doing good as well, so is the Harley Store and of course the new Dinosaur place when it opens will be MAD packed.

So, it seems "Most" people wouldn't care if it was an outdoor strip mall, or if the stores sold the same crap you can buy at your local strip mall.. or any mall really for that matter. But, what can you do? Not much sadly.

But if you do want to email Kevin, it's not really hard to figure out what the email address is.

yankspy

they have soooo much land. why change PI?
Unfortunately, I do not know. Maybe it was losing $$$, or messing with their image. I am not sure. Perhaps Lee or someone else who is a lot more informed than myself could shed some light on that.

SpenceMan01

Wow. I'll preface this by saying that I'm not against getting rid of things for the sake of progress, but I am extremely unhappy with this decision coming from the Mouse House. I can see getting rid of PI, but closing the Adventurer's Club is throwing the baby out with the bath water. The AC is one of the few things in WDW that truly has nothing that compares to it. It is a unique, fun and entertaining experience that is not replicated ANYWHERE. I really hope the Accountaneers over at Disney open their sad, sorry little eyes and realize what a gem they've got in the AC. I sincerely hope that they replace it with a comparable experience, and NOT as any part of the rumored "Night Kingdom".

Start your letter writing, folks:

The Walt Disney Company
500 S. Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521

(thanks to MouseketeerGreg @ WttM for the address)

Thurp

I cannot get used to the idea of AC and Mannequin's closing. Those 2 places have always been a hit each time I have visitors over.

I always said that removing the turnstiles was a bad idea. This is just its logical conclusion.

I guess all we have to look forward to is some sort of Mexican eatery and miscellaneous decorations store.

MBAs created DCA. MBAs ruined PI. When will Disney learn?

disneytopdog

The article said they are looking for more "Family Friendly" stuff. I smell Branson, MO coming to Pleasure Island. A row of Theaters with hasbeen entertainers.

t3techcom18

I'm guessing I'm one of the few who like DTD as a whole, West Side and Marketplace and all, even though the transition from Village to Marketplace was awkward at first, and didn't REALLY feel like a real, big
cohesive 'Downtown Disney' until a few years back. I always liked the atmosphere there, and it's gotten better over the past few years, much more lively than how it was during it's early days. I hope they do good additions to the island.

I myself as a teen who's never been to the nightclubs, but basing it off the stories I've heard, it's good that they close those nightclubs down....

....but man, the Adventurer's Club....yeesh...I only hope they move it to AK...:(

PS - WFTV (local ABC station) has just confirmed AC WILL be indeed closing. They said suppossedly that part of the plans rumored to be in place for the Island are a character dining restaurant (something like that), and a Hanes design-your-own-clothing store (Sounds pretty stupid to me). On an interesting note, they say they want to have an attraction there like how it is DLR, having the hot air balloon there....eh, I don't know bout, sounds uber fishy to me...I'll wait for the official announcement with the names of the stores/restaurants going in before I make an opinion.

SirNim

The idea of converting the AC from a club into a family restaurant, retaining the props and theme à la the infamous Club 33 animatronics, is intriguing... And, of course, would be better than outright closure (but not necessarily better than relocation or expansion).

Else,

Downgrade. (At least when it comes to the AC.)

wdwfan100

Its tough to think it is going away. I know it was not popular with everyone, but obviously it has a loyal following. I am not the biggest fan of dance club, but I do enjoy AC, Raglan Road and the Comedy Club. It is unfortunate. It is sad when something has been around so long to see it so drastically changed. Hopefully what ever replaces it is can incorporate some of what is being left behind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom