Say goodbye to ALL the clubs at PI.

PhotoDave219

For those asking about Raglan Road....as it is primarily a restaurant, and out at the edge of PI....I doubt that it is part of this plan.

AC.....:( :cry:

According to the Sentinel, they're referring to the six Disney clubs. Mannequins, 8Trax, BET and three others - which i would assume to be Motions, AC & CW.

TravisMT81

I still want to know why these parents have there kids out in strollers at 10pm at night. My mother made me go to bed (or at least in my room) at 9pm until I was in High School.

Legacy

More money for Universal CityWalk then.

Hopefully someone will bring the Jekyll and Hyde Club to CityWalk now though.

Figment1986

great.. old enough to appreciate the adventures club, and they take it away...

We need a few more WDWmagic meets at the club before He is evicted for not paying his beer tab leaving the club defenceless...

culturenthrills

It is a sad day. I knew that this was coming but it still hits hard. I loved the AC. It was so unique. I have had the good fortune of getting to go up onstage and being a part of the radio broadcast. It was the highlight of our anniversary weekend. I know it was a shell of its former self but I loved the fact that you could go dancing for awhile, see a comedy show and experience one of the coolest themed entertainment experience all in one place. Citywalk doesn't compare. We will be heading over there a couple of times before the end and do an all nighter in the AC. I would love to be there for the last Hoopla but I have a feeling there will be people there camping out that morning to get into the club that night. Well, bring on the bland replacements. What is sad is they could probably keep the CW and AC open and they would do just fine. Really what entertainment choices are people gonna have in the evening at WDW anymore?

JeffC

I've said for years, Disney single handedly killed PI.
They take all the adult stuff away and then wonder why poeple aren't coming...
Here I come CityWalk...

CaptainMichael

The idea of converting the AC from a club into a family restaurant, retaining the props and theme à la the infamous Club 33 animatronics, is intriguing... And, of course, would be better than outright closure (but not necessarily better than relocation or expansion).

Else,

Downgrade. (At least when it comes to the AC.)
While I would like at least some part of it to stay alive, I think the bar aspect needs to remain intact.

Who wants to join me in forming a human protective wall around the Colonel on September 27th?
I do!

I know a lot of you love the AC but i dont know why. I have been to these shows a few times and they seem to be pretty ignorant towards people sometimes. I know its part of the show but drunken lounge acts belong in vegas not at disney.
I know its mostly ad libbed but cmon...the only thing that really makes it funny is that you wouldnt expect the sexual innuendo at disney. I think the whole area is a little unfamily oriented and if you really want that kind of atmosphere then there are plenty of bars that offer way cheaper drinks and a lot better music.

And i never get over that smell of drunken beligerants running around while kids are breezing by in strollers.....if its going to be adult oriented they really shouldnt let kids anywhere near that area.
:Fail:

It totally belonged in Pleasure Island...especially with the orignal theme of the island (New Years Eve every night and being founded by M.A. Pleasure). Not everything at WDW has to be fairytales, pixie dust, and family oriented. Now guests looking for adult things are limited to resort lounges and the Boardwalk.

It is a sad day. I knew that this was coming but it still hits hard. I loved the AC. It was so unique. I have had the good fortune of getting to go up onstage and being a part of the radio broadcast. It was the highlight of our anniversary weekend. I know it was a shell of its former self but I loved the fact that you could go dancing for awhile, see a comedy show and experience one of the coolest themed entertainment experience all in one place. Citywalk doesn't compare. We will be heading over there a couple of times before the end and do an all nighter in the AC. I would love to be there for the last Hoopla but I have a feeling there will be people there camping out that morning to get into the club that night. Well, bring on the bland replacements. What is sad is they could probably keep the CW and AC open and they would do just fine. Really what entertainment choices are people gonna have in the evening at WDW anymore?
If this is a final closure (I'm hoping for Disney to announce plans to either reopen or relocate it), I will have to be there on the 27th, I don't care if I have to sit there all day. I wonder if Harry and Seymore Wong will still save the club in the Radiothon:(

Forgive me if this has already been brought up, I don't want to sift through 5 pages of posts...

When I told a friend of mine a few hours ago that PI was closing, he told me that a really good friend of his just went to an audition to be a performer at the Adventurers Club a few days ago. I really don't see why they would be holding auditions for the club if they're planning on closing it permanently.... possibly good news:veryconfu

PhotoDave219

:ROFLOL: Nice!

Anyway, I have to agree that this is great for Uni. It seems like they are hitting nothing but home runs recently.

I disagree. Signing Harry Potter and retheming 1/4th of IOA to fit that land for a franchise that has finished it's books? Jury is still out on that.

The Simpsons? Rethemed Back to the Future.

New Coaster? Aimed at a different audience. Disney isn't about Roller Coasters and high tech stuff.

Universal had nothing to do with PI's demise of late. Disney brought it all on themselves 4 years when they ungated the island and let everyone with a stroller into the area. People don't associate alcohol and Disney family entertainment. However i do associate drunken stupidity and Chittywalk.

So i wouldn't say that Universal has been hitting home runs, more like trying to keep its head above water.

CaptainMichael

Forgive me if this has already been brought up, I don't want to sift through 5 pages of posts...

When I told a friend of mine a few hours ago that PI was closing, he told me that a really good friend of his just went to an audition to be a performer at the Adventurers Club a few days ago.... possibly good news:veryconfu

Possibly.

I hope that it is just a short closure, and they keep it open until they can build a new location either at the Poly or somewhere else on property. I don't want to lose the current cast while Disney builds a new club.

*waiting to hear from Disney about more specific plans*

PKD

When I told a friend of mine a few hours ago that PI was closing, he told me that a really good friend of his just went to an audition to be a performer at the Adventurers Club a few days ago. I really don't see why they would be holding auditions for the club if they're planning on closing it permanently.... possibly good news:veryconfu

The contracts they are offering for AC right now are only temp. The full time, long lived CM's at AC were recently "pushed HARD" to audition for American Idol Experience, or other stage shows. If someone said no thank you, entertainment came back and said, NO REALLY you need to audition for "such and such". Reason being, Ent knew the CM's contracts will end as of Sept 27th. They are removing current CM's so they are safe when the place closes.

This closing has been in the works for sometime as the future plans are already in motion and being put together with outside agencies.

chrisdadrocks

Ok Universal is hitting homeruns the signing of Harry Potter is huge. I say good bye to PI, AC is good but although its made up as they go along it seems to be the same jokes and that just gets old after awhile. Same thing with CW. I do not see the big deal of it closing, when I went last year it was DEAD as a doornail. It was so sad, I remember when it was a fun place to be with New Years Eve every night. Let it go people and move on. If you want Disney to survive the need to cut the dead wieght. That is business you want new rides that 5th gate you want a new Space Mountain then look at this as a good thing. Also I hope the money they save goes into Journey with Figment AND Dreamfinder!

MythBuster

Here is WFTV - Channel 9 version

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Disney will close all six nightclubs on Pleasure Island on September 27th to make way for new renovations. 8 Trax, The Adventure’s Club, Mannequins Dance Palace, the BET Soundstage Club, Motion and the Comedy Warehouse will be gone for good.

Disney had not planned to tell the public until Saturday. Officials broke the news to some 300 employees that work for the night clubs on Pleasure Island late Friday night.

A Disney spokesperson told Eyewitness News that Disney is already working to move those employees into other positions throughout its theme parks.

Disney denied rumors that the changes are due to a drop in attendance. The company said it is only responding to guest feedback asking for more family friendly experiences.

Over the next two years, Disney will replace its clubs with new stores and restaurants. It has already announced a restaurant featuring life-sized animated dinosaurs and a Hanes Store that would allow people to design their own t-shirts. Disney also said it wants to add a giant tethered balloon that would take guests 300 feet into the air for views of the Disney property.

People who have purchased annual passes to Pleasure Island can get a pro-rated refund at the park or over the phone.

The restaurants and shops on Pleasure Island are expected to stay open during the renovations.

http://www.wftv.com/news/16733650/detail.html

CaptainMichael

The contracts they are offering for AC right now are only temp. The full time, long lived CM's at AC were recently "pushed HARD" to audition for American Idol Experience, or other stage shows. If someone said no thank you, entertainment came back and said, NO REALLY you need to audition for "such and such". Reason being, Ent knew the CM's contracts will end as of Sept 27th. They are removing current CM's so they are safe when the place closes.

This closing has been in the works for sometime as the future plans are already in motion and being put together with outside agencies.

You mean I might actually have to see the American Idol Experience in hopes that I get to see Sugar Snap, etc?:mad:

What about Kirk?:(

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
You mean I might actually have to see the American Idol Experience in hopes that I get to see Sugar Snap, etc?:mad:

What about Kirk?:(

Please refrain from using AC CMs real names. Some of them prefer to remain anonymous. I see Sugar Snap at DHS lately more than I've seen her at the AC.

I personally, am going to miss "Blondie" :kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom