Say goodbye to ALL the clubs at PI.

djkidkaz

Pleasure Island has been horrible for years. Once they stopped the whole New Years every night party, it went downhill immediately. Then they let the kids in, etc. etc. The West Side is also a joke. DisneyQuest is a disaster, I dont know anyone who shops at the magnet store and the other shops are all novelty. They are fun the first time you visit to see the merchandise, but after that there is little reason to go in. All I do in DTD now is go to the marketplace as I like the Disney Art store with the posters and merchandise and some of the other Disney related stores. Its the one area that still feels like Im on Disney property.

Can someone explain to me why they opened up a CURL store at Pleasure Island? Who is going on vacation and buying clothes? I'd say that 99% of people buy clothes BEFORE they go on vacation, not while they are down there. I really hope they don't open anymore retail chain stores anywhere on property.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

RIP Adv. Club

but...

Good Riddance to the rest of the d@mn island

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Lee

Adventurer
I have never been more angry at the WDW powers that be.
If AC goes away for good, I swear on my dog's life that I will verbally berate every WDW executive I come across.
Seriously.

Dark days, my friends.....dark days.:mad:

Ok...who can get me Kevin Lansberry's email address? I'm feeling ornery!

CaptainMichael

I have never been more angry at the WDW powers that be.
If AC goes away for good, I swear on my dog's life that I will verbally berate every WDW executive I come across.
Seriously.

Dark days, my friends.....dark days.:mad:

Ok...who can get me Kevin Lansberry's email address? I'm feeling ornery!

Dark days indeed:mad:

aeillill

:eek:I can't believe this, I only just discovered the Adventurers Club last year adn only could go once, I arrive on the 26th so I guess I'll have to go that last one time

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I thought it about it, and seriously, I have just lost my only reason to ever set foot in WDW again.

I will not return to WDW unless I have another, non-Disney/non-Theme park reason for being in the area.

maryszhi

nooooooo its sooo popular. i love the comedy and the adventures club!!
i doubt it!!!!!! they cant close:mad:
long live pleasure island:)

WDWKat26

::sighs:: so many memories. I'm really upset about this. I don't know what i'll do without a Kungaloosh to relax me at the end of the week. Ahhhh!

kc1296426

Pleasure Island has been horrible for years. Once they stopped the whole New Years every night party, it went downhill immediately. Then they let the kids in, etc. etc. The West Side is also a joke. DisneyQuest is a disaster, I dont know anyone who shops at the magnet store and the other shops are all novelty. They are fun the first time you visit to see the merchandise, but after that there is little reason to go in. All I do in DTD now is go to the marketplace as I like the Disney Art store with the posters and merchandise and some of the other Disney related stores. Its the one area that still feels like Im on Disney property.

Can someone explain to me why they opened up a CURL store at Pleasure Island? Who is going on vacation and buying clothes? I'd say that 99% of people buy clothes BEFORE they go on vacation, not while they are down there. I really hope they don't open anymore retail chain stores anywhere on property.
Okay, okay...sure, PI and the West Side has had it's share of troubles and downfalls in the last few years, but they are defintely not a joke. It's still a hit and loved by a lot of people, I know countless amount of friends who love P.I. and the assortment of clubs, and it's atmosphere. And it isn't the best, I know that...but it's still a hit. And it's wonderful, as well. Sure, maybe not to family friendly or Disney-like but you have to have stuff like that...without P.I. or the westside, nighttime at Disney would be horrible, and I would be saddened if P.I. was never there on the Disney property to lighten up the night.

Disneyquest is NOT a disaster. It might not be your cup of tea or others, but it's also popular and it's a hit as well. There's nothing like something on the scale of DQ anywhere. A disaster? No. The curl store is just like all the other stores on marketplace...it's a store. You can buy clothes and other apparel, just like World of Disney, etc. I don't get whats wrong with that, people buy clothes all the time on vacation...who DOESN'T?

Sorry to come off a little rude but Downtown Disney is a fun, lively, nighttime area that I still love even though it has its crap areas and places where they need some help.

Bug715

This is really sad! I'm turning 21 in Disney in a few weeks so I'll get to experience PI. I love the comedy warehouse!!! And would love if there would be a place on property where I could go drink and dance at night while I'm on vacation without having to rent a car or get a taxi downtown. I know that House of Blues does have dancing and stuff Sunday nights but I've heard that you get grabbed and such while there. No thanks!

Kenan

this is absolutely ludacris! ugh, im so angry right now!

i dont reply much here, prob first in a LONG time, but i cant help it.

PI is so much fun, its insane they are closing ALL the clubs and putting in MORE restaurants and MORE shops.

honestly people, how much MORE money does disney need to make???

let people have fun and dance the night away! ugh!

I'mtheonlyone

I loved PI when it was New Year's Eve every night!! Unfortunately, the lifespan of most clubs is short unless you can keep them fresh and interesting. Compound that with allowing parents to bring their kids through the area and the loss of the outside atmosphere, I'm surprise it lasted this long. New clubs have opened elsewhere and the local clientele followed.

RIP PI... We'll miss you!

Bug715

Okay, okay...sure, PI and the West Side has had it's share of troubles and downfalls in the last few years, but they are defintely not a joke. It's still a hit and loved by a lot of people, I know countless amount of friends who love P.I. and the assortment of clubs, and it's atmosphere. And it isn't the best, I know that...but it's still a hit. And it's wonderful, as well. Sure, maybe not to family friendly or Disney-like but you have to have stuff like that...without P.I. or the westside, nighttime at Disney would be horrible, and I would be saddened if P.I. was never there on the Disney property to lighten up the night.

Disneyquest is NOT a disaster. It might not be your cup of tea or others, but it's also popular and it's a hit as well. There's nothing like something on the scale of DQ anywhere. A disaster? No. The curl store is just like all the other stores on marketplace...it's a store. You can buy clothes and other apparel, just like World of Disney, etc. I don't get whats wrong with that, people buy clothes all the time on vacation...who DOESN'T?

Sorry to come off a little rude but Downtown Disney is a fun, lively, nighttime area that I still love even though it has its crap areas and places where they need some help.

I agree with you. I love hanging out at Downtown Disney at night.

West Side is a little different and all I really go to there is Virgin which I heard will be leaving. But if you have the money to eat and be entertained there then it would be fun.

About the clothing thing. I know that many people from other countries buy clothes while on vacation at WDW because of the exchange rate. That is why the Outlets by CP housing are always packed and its hard to find a parking space.

CaptainMichael

I loved PI when it was New Year's Eve every night!! Unfortunately, the lifespan of most clubs is short unless you can keep them fresh and interesting.

Not the AC, that place is timeless, and I'm very upset that it will come just a little short of 20 years.

So mad right now. I'm kind of like Rob in that I don't want to go back if it won't be there.

If they plan on relocating the club, they should at least keep this one open as long as possible, so they don't lose the cast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom