RUMOR WATCH: Indiana Jones stuntshow on the chopping block ?

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
The hat being removed has more to do with sightlines for fireworks than seeing the Chinese theater. .. expect many more shows by next spring. Starting with star wars weekends.. Things are getting very interesting at dhs .. The company is taking a much different approach to this project.. not saying anything public ally until after construction is under way... like universal with transformers and potter 2.0

Think some of that is lessons learned from NFL & 7DMT? People got so siked then after opening there seems to be a lot of disappointment (whether merited or not). If they let imagination and curiosity reign then announce and ride the typical positive reaction wave all the way to opening will that have a result in higher satisfaction because of a little bit lower expectation? (I don't know the answer but it's interesting to think about).

Or...

They're waiting for an idea to hit the forums they like & so they begin building a ride system and theme it later with the best idea at the moment... (Totally kidding)

Next Big Thing

The hat being removed has more to do with sightlines for fireworks than seeing the Chinese theater. .. expect many more shows by next spring. Starting with star wars weekends.. Things are getting very interesting at dhs .. The company is taking a much different approach to this project.. not saying anything public ally until after construction is under way... like universal with transformers and potter 2.0
What do you mean by "many more shows by next spring"? Temporary shows to fill empty spaces and eat people (Sounds Dangerous Theatre and Superstar Television Theatre are two that could be used for time being) or something more permanent?

BrerJon

No problem, we can go more L.A. for you. If I recall, all the big hair metal bands of the 80's were LA creations, one of the biggest being Motley Crue. I'm sure that'll go over well. :p (Yes I get your point, and I agree that at some point Disney could install the old digital-randomization machine using different bands for both the studio video & ride audio all tied to wrist band IDs. Could be cool not knowing which band you'll be seeing!)

Maybe they'll rename the coaster 'Magic Bands: The Ride' (Magic Bands... get it?)

doctornick

With the back park of the park closed at night (namely Backlot Tour now closed and after LMA's show), can they do a fireworks show without closing anything else (i.e. TSMM) by confining the fallout zone to the south west corner of the park? If so, then having a fireworks show daily would make sense and at least add something of real value to guests.

Also, I wonder if we might actually see a day parade come back in the near future. Though one of the alleged reasons for cutting that was that (Star Wars?) construction would take away the parade storage building and that changes to the hub (BAH removal) would block the parade path. Though more likely, the rational was simply that they wanted to cut entertainment costs.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

I really like this approach... wait to start construction and build suspense and excitement ...then announce what is coming. With Disney so many things can change at the last minute anyways so I think this is very smart of them in many ways.

Although not very appealing to look at...I am very optimistic about all of the construction walls around the WDW Parks and Disney Springs.

erasure fan1

I'm just in shock that the show has changed so little over the years. Even if Crystal Skulls sucked, which it did, I'm shocked they did nothing to change the show a little bit to reflect the new film. Has any scene changed or been added over the years? The problem with so many of the shows is that they are so stale. You can't have the same show for 20+ years and expect fans to still love it like they used to. I mean, change a scene or two and advertise it as new. People would flock to check it out.
I completely agree with this. I really can't remember the last time I saw this show. I have seen it soooooooooo many times since I was a kid, and with zero changes, I have had no desire to go back and see it. I would think something like a stunt show would be one of the easiest things to make minor changes and tweaks to. I would love some sort of new Indiana Jones ride to replace the stunt show on top of a star wars expansion. This show has very much run its course in my eyes, I just hope we don't have to wait 7yrs for something new. Sadly though, I think that is the time fame we are looking at with current Disney.

PirateFrank

This is very encouraging.....now, knowing Iger has promised details in 2015, does this mean construction will start this year?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Yeah, I may have heard of them. Thanks for the condescension. :p

So have some back: If it weren't for WALT, there would be no Walt Disney World. And if there weren't a Walt Disney World, there would be no Star Wars attractions built there. Lucas would either have to sell his old stuff to Universal, or Six Flags maybe, whatever. Or hey! Maybe he could build his OWN **** park and put his name on it. If Star Wars is so incredibly popular and self-sustaining, it could SURELY support its own park. Right?

Ha ha.

As for Pixar, Lucas didn't have the scratch to develop it into an animation entity. Who did that - why DISNEY!!!! How 'bout that?

There was a reason Lucas turned to Disney. He knew that HE needed DISNEY'S support, or the support of some larger entity to keep Lucasfilm alive. But for its part, WDW could continue to function just fine without off-studio discards. Hell, there's stuff still in the Disney vault that isn't represented in the parks, that could be developed into incredible attractions, if Robert Iger weren't a fathead who has no faith in the continued relevancy and popularity of Disney-generated product, even though "Lion King" and "Frozen" alone have proven him wrong.

So yeah. No Lucasland for you. Won't happen anyway, thank goodness.

I concur, which is why I'm super excited about that "World of Muppets" rumor. I hear tell that Kermit is going to disembowel that Osvaldo the Hare character (or whatever it is called) since no one cares about that thing.

Cesar R M

supposed to start January 12th... Structural removal won't take but a couple weeks, the longer part is reconfiguring the concrete on the ground.. I have no idea what the 'end date' is..
dang, I will probably be there by february.
Seems I'm going to walk to a 100% construction zone.

Monorail Mike

supposed to start January 12th... Structural removal won't take but a couple weeks, the longer part is reconfiguring the concrete on the ground.. I have no idea what the 'end date' is..

Thanks for the info! Any word when they'll be selling commemorative pins with little bits of BAH?

Blackburn23

Still love Hollywood Studios and Indiana Jones has been a must do since I was a kid. I was star struck the first time I saw it and continue to enjoy it. I know change can be good but this is bittersweet

AndyS2992

I wish they would close it and replace it with the Disneyland ride but since Star Wars land is going there it wouldn't really fit in. Hopefully it will close 2015 so at least DHS will have something open on my trip

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom