RUMOR WATCH: Indiana Jones stuntshow on the chopping block ?

wdwfan4ver

I've heard rumblings that maintenance staff has been told not to invest too much more in fixing effects with Indy. So, if everyone starts noticing effects no longer working or an "Effect Watch" thread pops up, I think that we can agree that the rumors might be true.

One thing that seems almost certain is either LMA or Indy is next on the attractions to close at Studios to make way for something big. Either (or both) will happen in 2015, time will only tell.
Hopefully both wouldn't closing in 2015. Indiana Jones and LMA closing in the same year is going to hurt capacity for the park. This also would cause a FP+ mess that not even increasing Toy Story Midway Mania Capacity isn't going to be much help with a park that is lacking attractions to begin with.

I honestly think LMA is going to close before Indiana Jones does. I've read rumors on this site including early this month and on September 25th of this year that LMA doesn't much time left in this world.

LMA is something I would expect to close sometime next year. I am guessing anywhere from early next year to October of next year.

omurice

There should be only ONE name in any Disney park - and that is Walt's name, whether his first or his last. No Lucasland. Nuh-uh. Forget it! Nobody else should get his name blazoned on a land in WALT DISNEY WORLD. NOBODY.

2235790992_1a0fc44567_z.jpg

NOT NOBODY! NOT NOHOW!!!!
You're really not going to like what they're planning to call AvatarLand, then... ;)

RE Cheerleading competitions - Alas, if only there were a massive sports complex at the south end of the property they could move those!

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm pretty sure TDO disagrees with that. Until attendance drops, it doesn't matter how many things they close.

Disney has discovered a winning formula - you can close attractions as much as you like and it makes no difference to attendance.

Unfortunately all too true.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
As for Pixar, Lucas didn't have the scratch to develop it into an animation entity. Who did that - why DISNEY!!!! How 'bout that?

Actually it was Steve Jobs who bought PIXAR from Lucas and turned them into an animation powerhouse. Eisner's downfall was triggered because he was not going to be pushed around by a 'Long Haired Hippie' aka Steve Jobs who also happened to have more money than Finagle himself and PIXAR at the time did NOT need Disney but the converse was true as WDAS was floundering at the time.

Jobs made a killing when Disney finally bought PIXAR one of Iger's good moves as CEO.

Last edited:

Unplugged

My problem with it is it's so out of theme on Sunset.

No problem, we can go more L.A. for you. If I recall, all the big hair metal bands of the 80's were LA creations, one of the biggest being Motley Crue. I'm sure that'll go over well. :p (Yes I get your point, and I agree that at some point Disney could install the old digital-randomization machine using different bands for both the studio video & ride audio all tied to wrist band IDs. Could be cool not knowing which band you'll be seeing!)

Eisner's downfall was triggered because he was not going to be pushed around by a 'Long Haired Hippie' aka Steve Jobs who also happened to have more money than Finagle himself and PIXAR at the time did NOT need Disney but the converse was true as WDAS was floundering at the time.

Thanks for posting this reply! I was biting my tongue so hard until I got to the last page, it was bleeding! You're so right on. Disney, if anything, while distributing Toy Story both as a gamble on an idea due to animation desperation and to ride the potential cash coat tails, helped Pixar. Pixar did need Disney though in the sense that if they didn't get Toy Story distributed, they were most likely doomed. just saying anyone could have stepped up, but it wasn't a match meant to be until Pixar and Disney aligned. Jobs had sunk millions into Pixar just to keep them afloat as he wasn't sure what to do with them and had actually tried to sell Pixar numerous times, even to Microsoft at one point. It's kind of dumb luck that the stars aligned to obtained Lassetter, evolve the idea of doing the Toy Story film, and were able to talk to the floundering Disney Animation folks. I'm glad they did!

Jobs made a killing when Disney finally bought PIXAR one of Iger's good moves as CEO.

Agreed. Iger smoothing things out with Jobs was pure undeniable genius. Bob saw the writing on the wall for both WDAS & the profit potential in working with Pixar. That acquisition has really helped re-invigorate WDAS as we've seen some great movies come out of there in the years since.

Magenta Panther

That's one of the troubles with DHS right now - it's a catch-all of off-studio IPs, and that's why it has virtually no identity. And why it's a mess. Putting a similar mess in AK isn't going to help that park much. It's still absolutely stupid that a non-studio flash-in-the-pan is going to take up real estate in Disney's AK when Disney has Lion King and Jungle Book to build attractions around - and especially since such attractions are undoubtedly what most park guests would prefer, over Cameron's critters. But things are what they are, and Iger's not gonna back down from his stupid idea, apparently.

Of course, Disney parks have always had other brand names in them - Carnation Plaza Gardens, for instance. It's the idea of naming any Star Wars expansion "Lucasland" that's ridiculous. But again, not gonna happen, so it's all good.

Next Big Thing

That's one of the troubles with DHS right now - it's a catch-all of off-studio IPs, and that's why it has virtually no identity. And why it's a mess. Putting a similar mess in AK isn't going to help that park much. It's still absolutely stupid that a non-studio flash-in-the-pan is going to take up real estate in Disney's AK when Disney has Lion King and Jungle Book to build attractions around - and especially since such attractions are undoubtedly what most park guests would prefer, over Cameron's critters. But things are what they are, and Iger's not gonna back down from his stupid idea, apparently.

Of course, Disney parks have always had other brand names in them - Carnation Plaza Gardens, for instance. It's the idea of naming any Star Wars expansion "Lucasland" that's ridiculous. But again, not gonna happen, so it's all good.
I actually think the differing and more - dare I say (with the rumored new name) - adventurous park. I love that it isn't all Disney all the time. That's what MK is for.

wdw71fan

The hat being removed has more to do with sightlines for fireworks than seeing the Chinese theater. .. expect many more shows by next spring. Starting with star wars weekends.. Things are getting very interesting at dhs .. The company is taking a much different approach to this project.. not saying anything public ally until after construction is under way... like universal with transformers and potter 2.0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom