Rumor of 5th Park to be built near Flamingo Crossings by 2021

CarlFredricksen

Making stuff up, especially out of misinformation and ignorance, is not rumor.

I'd call it speculation more than making stuff up, and that constitutes as a rumor. But whatever.

I just wanted to ask why it got moved as sometimes it gets annoying around here when the MODS flex their muscles just to do so -- because they personally don't agree or believe in something. @GhostHost0513 simply posted some information that he had read somewhere, about a rumor of a 5th park. He posted his source and the speculative information. Now if you don't believe its true, or if you disagree with it, that's why these are forums -- it allows you to voice your thoughts and opinions. It wasn't like the source was his old aunt Judy down on the farm. But for one person to determine, based on no facts of their own, that it can't possibly be true, and decide to burry the thread in an off topic forum...well that's the issue I have.

PhilharMagician

britneyweird.gif

Freaky

lazyboy97o

I'd call it speculation more than making stuff up, and that constitutes as a rumor. But whatever.

I just wanted to ask why it got moved as sometimes it gets annoying around here when the MODS flex their muscles just to do so -- because they personally don't agree or believe in something. @GhostHost0513 simply posted some information that he had read somewhere, about a rumor of a 5th park. He posted his source and the speculative information. Now if you don't believe its true, or if you disagree with it, that's why these are forums -- it allows you to voice your thoughts and opinions. It wasn't like the source was his old aunt Judy down on the farm. But for one person to determine, based on no facts of their own, that it can't possibly be true, and decide to burry the thread in an off topic forum...well that's the issue I have.
The information had already been discussed. There is no factual basis because we know when and why the land was purchased as per public records.

Stevek

I do not want a 5th gate. Ever. It's difficult enough for TDO to keep up with what they already have down there. I half wish they had never even built AK. The other half of me loves Dino Land USA too much.
Wait, wut? We finally found the one person that loves Dino Land.

As for "story" you must consider the source and then completely disregard everything that was said by them.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen đź’ś
Premium Member
Wait, wut? We finally found the one person that loves Dino Land.

As for "story" you must consider the source and then completely disregard everything that was said by them.
I think it's a neat idea and it was executed well. Yeah, the only ride we go on there is Dinosaur, but I enjoy the atmosphere. It's fun. Don't get me wrong, I don't love it as much as anything in MK or EPCOT but I appreciate it for what it is.

Disneyhead'71

I hear that for the 5th gate they are going to do like they did with DCA and WDSP and that is start small. They are actually going to open with just the gate. Yep, just really cool interactive turnstile-less turnstiles. They know that at first, it won't be a full day park, but with the tech difficulties it could easily take up the morning and into the afternoon, then you just park hop over to DAK or DHS.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

The mods moved this thread because of both the source and the topic. No flexing, no trying to stifle discussion....

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Just to briefly address this.

The News and Rumor board is not just an "anything goes" area. My job with running the site is to try to determine what topics belong in what sections, to make things easier for people to find and participate in reliable and worthwhile discussion. This means that many threads are moved from board to board.

In the case of this thread, the OP asks 'what would you like to see of any possible future 5th park?". This fits perfectly into the realm of our Imagineering action. There is no news content in this thread, or a reliable rumor.

And for your comment about one person determining what goes where. How would you suggest we run it? Should we have a weekly meeting where we all vote on what should be moved and when? Regardless of what you think, I run the site in the way I deem it best for all the users, and I find your allegations of muscle flexing for the heck-of-it rather insulting.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Original Poster

hey leave my old aunt Judy out of this! lol

CarlFredricksen

The News and Rumor board is not just an "anything goes" area. My job with running the site is to try to determine what topics belong in what sections, to make things easier for people to find and participate in reliable and worthwhile discussion. This means that many threads are moved from board to board.

In the case of this thread, the OP asks 'what would you like to see of any possible future 5th park?". This fits perfectly into the realm of our Imagineering action. There is no news content in this thread, or a reliable rumor.

And for your comment about one person determining what goes where. How would you suggest we run it? Should we have a weekly meeting where we all vote on what should be moved and when? Regardless of what you think, I run the site in the way I deem it best for all the users, and I find your allegations of muscle flexing for the heck-of-it rather insulting.

I appreciate, like I'm sure so many others do, the time and effort that goes into running this site and managing the forums. I'm not suggesting there be another way, however as your position of judge, jury and executioner, I'm sure this isn't the first time over the years there's been someone critical of decisions made. Your point is fair by moving the topic based on the last line alone of what others thoughts on a 5th park are. This is the first time someone has said that's why the move happened, which is what my initial question was: why did the thread get moved? I can live with that. Thank you.

I recognize the 'Rumor' section isn't anything goes, however my frustration comes with everyone blasting the info the OP shared stating "it's BS" and belittling the source assuming it couldn't possibly be true based on the fact they themselves likely know nothing definitively, but are 'experts' or 'in the know' since they have combed over 1,000s of pages of threads over the past 10+ years, when there are truly only a handful of people in the know that post here. As someone who has been a frequent visitor but infrequent poster for years, I see it often where someone new to the boards posts something that has been discussed countless times before, and people bash them for it. Why? Because someone returned from their magical Disney trip, googled Disney forums, signed up here, 3 weeks later they read something and wanted to share it? I saw it again here and needed to voice my 2cents.

lazyboy97o

I appreciate, like I'm sure so many others do, the time and effort that goes into running this site and managing the forums. I'm not suggesting there be another way, however as your position of judge, jury and executioner, I'm sure this isn't the first time over the years there's been someone critical of decisions made. Your point is fair by moving the topic based on the last line alone of what others thoughts on a 5th park are. This is the first time someone has said that's why the move happened, which is what my initial question was: why did the thread get moved? I can live with that. Thank you.

I recognize the 'Rumor' section isn't anything goes, however my frustration comes with everyone blasting the info the OP shared stating "it's BS" and belittling the source assuming it couldn't possibly be true based on the fact they themselves likely know nothing definitively, but are 'experts' or 'in the know' since they have combed over 1,000s of pages of threads over the past 10+ years, when there are truly only a handful of people in the know that post here. As someone who has been a frequent visitor but infrequent poster for years, I see it often where someone new to the boards posts something that has been discussed countless times before, and people bash them for it. Why? Because someone returned from their magical Disney trip, googled Disney forums, signed up here, 3 weeks later they read something and wanted to share it? I saw it again here and needed to voice my 2cents.
Are you suggested public records have been forged? Because that is how it is known that Disney has owned the adjacent land for decades and that the new land is not near Walt Disney World.

CarlFredricksen

Are you suggested public records have been forged? Because that is how it is known that Disney has owned the adjacent land for decades and that the new land is not near Walt Disney World.

Yes. That's exactly what I'm suggesting. I'm ignoring the facts that Disney's footprint has expanded from roughly 450 acres to 3,000 acres in that area.

CarlFredricksen

Yes, because Disney has found overly expansive and remote parks to be highly cost effective.

I don't know what you're even talking about. I'm still trying to find the initial post where I said I believed the rumor -- correction, 'misinformation and ignorance' -- of a 5th park coming.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Saw that. Article references Screamscape as well...so.....yeah. Whole thing appears based on Disney buying land around Flamingo Crossing.

And there is no evidence that Disney has recently bought land around FC. I have posted this in other threads but it appears that Screamscape's speculation is based on incorrect information...

"Yes, I saw this in an article on Screamscape and it seems to a jumbling of the facts that came from a South Florida Water Management permit that I posted about here back in August. The 3000 acre parcel of land being purchased is in southern Osceola/northern Polk counties and is going to be used for conservation and to offset wet-land impacts that might happen in the current WDW property. There is 578 acre parcel of land just west of Flamingo Crossing that was recently added to RCID's master water management plan, but this land has been owned by Disney since 1993.

Screamscape is trying to use this as evidence that a 5th gate might be built on that land but I don't see why Disney would have allowed the construction of 2 low end 3rd party hotels at Flamingo Crossing if they planned to build a 5th gate right next to it."

Sam Magic

I greatly respect what you are doing in running this board and maintaining relative peace, but as an avid participant on this forum it is annoying to see a thread like this and others similar clog up the feed and keep threads that are important to the members here down. Not that we don't enjoy a little fifth gate imagineering, it is just that we have different methods of creating those ideas and sharing them with others. Would it be terrible to just delete a thread like this? One that is going to start fights from the beginning?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom