Rumor of 5th Park to be built near Flamingo Crossings by 2021

Sam Magic

there's an article on another fan site about this and I know I know... :) We've beat this horse to death... but when you get done laughing, let's say all the stars align, pigs begin flying, and hell freezes over ... what do you think would be the theme or what would you like to see of any possible future 5th park?
It's probably BS and we already have a thread here talking about a possible theme.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
image.jpg

TheRabbit

I agree....but isn't that kinda what they are in the process of doing now or is coming soon
I guess, but this rumor is considering them building a 5th park in 7 years? C'mon. lol They just spent almost 4 BILLION, I'm pretty sure this is someone wishing for a 5th park.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I guess, but this rumor is considering them building a 5th park in 7 years? C'mon. lol They just spent almost 4 BILLION, I'm pretty sure this is someone wishing for a 5th park.

I didn't say I believed it... haha I think what you said it exactly right... :)

I was just sharing the rumor and starting a brainstorming discussion

ZodIsGr8

there's an article on another fan site about this and I know I know... :) We've beat this horse to death... but when you get done laughing, let's say all the stars align, pigs begin flying, and hell freezes over ... what do you think would be the theme or what would you like to see of any possible future 5th park?
I read the same article as you form the same website. They are generally pretty good with their info, but I have to admit as soon as read their source was Screamscape, I cringed. I also have to give you props for having the courage to mention a 5th theme park rumor on this board. You are very brave indeed!!!! Keep it up!

GrumpyFan

Just curious...why was this moved from Parks News and Rumors forum to imagineer?

Sounds like a parks rumor?

It's not really a rumor, but more of a very sketchy and uninformed bit of speculation. The following was posted by @danlb_2000 in response to my own comments/question about the purchase of the land.

Yes, I saw this in an article on Screamscape and it seems to a jumbling of the facts that came from a South Florida Water Management permit that I posted about here back in August. The 3000 acre parcel of land being purchased is in southern Osceola/northern Polk counties and is going to be used for conservation and to offset wet-land impacts that might happen in the current WDW property. There is 578 acre parcel of land just west of Flamingo Crossing that was recently added to RCID's master water management plan, but this land has been owned by Disney since 1993.

Screamscape is trying to use this as evidence that a 5th gate might be built on that land but I don't see why Disney would have allowed the construction of 2 low end 3rd party hotels at Flamingo Crossing if they planned to build a 5th gate right next to it.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I do not want a 5th gate. Ever. It's difficult enough for TDO to keep up with what they already have down there. I half wish they had never even built AK. The other half of me loves Dino Land USA too much.

BalooChicago

Maybe it could be a swing gate, and they'd only open it when they close another gate for refurbishment.

(Posted in jest, tho it would be nice to see how they could fix up Epcot or DHS if they didn't have to worry about guests for a couple years)

CarlFredricksen

It's not really a rumor, but more of a very sketchy and uninformed bit of speculation. The following was posted by @danlb_2000 in response to my own comments/question about the purchase of the land.

So that's different than most of the rumors posted on here how?

The definition of a rumor is a piece of information circulated from an unverifiable account. Sounds to me that the unverified information posted by @GhostHost0513 qualifies as just that.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Original Poster
with all due respect... I think 85% or more of the rumors we talk about on here are misinformation - that's what makes it fun to discuss and why it's considered a rumor and not news

that's also why I made sure to put the first word in the subject line as "Rumor" and you can tell by my initial post I don't fully believe it... just wanted to open a discussion on this latest rumor/article

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom