News Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closing for refurbishment in February 2023

LittleBuford

I think it's disingenuous to pretend that every celebrity out there is necessarily going to be viewed as "problematic". All human beings (except for Dolly Parton) are flawed, and none of us expects perfection. But there's a difference between having a few skeletons in your closet and, well, adopting a 16-year-old girl in order to take her on tour as a sexual plaything.

SpectreJordan

If they don't want to do a full retheme, retooling the pre-show & playing a bunch of random pop/rock songs would be the best route to go. The Aerosmith theming is doubted & I think basing the ride off of any other specific band/artist would eventually date it too.

Honestly, I don't even remember which songs play on RnRC. They need to fix the onboard audio or something. It's nowhere near as noticeable as the songs on Cosmic Rewind.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
According to the Walt Disney World website, the refurbishment for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith has been pushed one day and will be open tomorrow.

"Beginning February 21, 2023, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith will be temporarily closed for refurbishment. This rocktastic attraction will resume its super-stretch limo rides in summer 2023."

However, it does not show hours for tomorrow, February 20th (and is also listed on the refurbishment calendar).

Last edited:

Jambo Dad

Funny, but Hanks has been popping up in social media about the dynamics of casting someone straight and neurotypical for his roles in Forrest Gump and Philadelphia. I definitely don't want to start a discussion about it, and it would be removed by the mods anyway, but, I'm just pointing out the irony of mentioning Hanks as untouchable while there is this discussion out there going on about some of his roles.

Any person is going to have their issues (“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” -St. Paul, Romans 3:23). Even more so with a band in which any member may have embarrassing Tweets or photos from their past surface.

Best to stick with fictional IP such as: IncrediCoaster, Muppets Electric Mayhem Tourbus, or, Bambi's Dangerous Crossing, etc...
Splash Mountain?

Touchdown

Oh wow, this sounds like track replacement and a new operating system, all with only 7 month time frame. Pretty ambitious, and likely needed. Meanwhile Space Mountain track gets older…

celluloid

But not dismantle and build, inside a building. That’s usually two off seasons of work. 7 months is very ambitious.

I don't think that much is being dismantled compared to what some thin. Some pieces and welding.

Inside a building is always better in summer weather for FL and lightning that slows down work.

Touchdown

I don't think that much is being dismantled compared to what some thin. Some pieces and welding.

Inside a building is always better in summer weather for FL and lightning that slows down work.
Well the most stressed steel is going to be the inversions and the track where the train changes course at high speed. A lot of which is in the middle of the spaghetti bowl. It’s not like you can pluck out and place back in with a crane easily because, as a reminder, the ride looks like this:

B2932B1E-C483-4160-B534-77D996463AE3.jpeg

celluloid

Yeah. I don't think those large sections are being cut and removed.

Busch gardens Williamsburg just built an indoor coaster in a smaller space in a short amount of time.

The steel protected in a building should not be past it's service life yet unless Disney seriously neglected, which is possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom