RnRC New Theme Discussion

Mike S

You know how GotG can fit in RnRC without harming the theme of Sunset? Make it the beginning of a new land featuring them, BH6, and the Incredibles going into Animation Courtyard. There's your phase 4. The archways to perfectly separate it and make a nice transition are already there, just work on them a bit more.

I would also prefer a new ride. Just spitballing here.

doctornick

Just cutting things up to have a different land so that whatever "fits" is a pathetic solution.

In general, it would be a "pathetic solution" but RnR isn't really included in Sunset Blvd (except on the guidebooks) and doesn't really fit to begin with. If anything, splitting them up would actually solve the theming problem that exists.

lazyboy97o

In general, it would be a "pathetic solution" but RnR isn't really included in Sunset Blvd (except on the guidebooks) and doesn't really fit to begin with. If anything, splitting them up would actually solve the theming problem that exists.
It solves the issues no better than saying that part of Sunset Blvd is a different time period. It's still an abrupt change.

lazyboy97o

Abrupt change from what? If RnR is re-themed and the land around is rechristened as a new theme, how is that a problem? RnR is already somewhat detached (geographically) from the rest of Sunset Blvd
From its entry at Sunset Blvd. Lands shifting times or taking place across a span of time is nothing new. G-Force records stands out because one turns the corner and is suddenly presented with a contrast. That doesn't change because a new name is made and the sudden contrast would only increase.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Abrupt change from what? If RnR is re-themed and the land around is rechristened as a new theme, how is that a problem? RnR is already somewhat detached (geographically) from the rest of Sunset Blvd
Only detached by a set of gates. You'd go from 1930s Hollywood to 1930s Sunset to BAHM something else entirely. Potentially.

Chapek needs to learn his orders don't make sense. It just shows his inexperience in his environment.

Mike S

Here's how you do it. Marvel, coincidently enough, started in October 1939 under a different name. I wonder if Universal's rights extend that far?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timely_Comics
The entrance to RnRC is replaced with a comic shop with the "Diagon Alley effect" of leading to the GotG coaster which would receive effects similar to HyperSpace Mountain. Animation Courtyard is completely demo'd to make way for a new Incredibles E Ticket with a path to Toy Story Land and Big Hero 6 somewhere in the middle of these two rides. Considering my plan is pretty much what Universal did with Hogsmeade by repurposing space already within the park, except I'm retheming only one coaster and not two, would this be such a problem?

Last edited:

captainmoch

Here's how you do it. Marvel, coincidently enough, started in 1939 under a different name. I wonder if Universal's rights extend that far?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timely_Comics
The entrance to RnRC is replaced with a comic shop with the "Diagon Alley effect" of leading to the GotG coaster which would receive effects similar to HyperSpace Mountain. Animation Courtyard is completely demo'd to make way for a new Incredibles E Ticket with a path to Toy Story Land and Big Hero 6 somewhere in the middle of these two rides. Considering my plan is pretty much what Universal did with Hogsmeade by repurposing space already within the park, except I'm retheming only one coaster and not two, would this be such a problem?
I don't mind that idea. I do wonder how they'd link GOTG/Incredibles/BH6. Would it just be a generic city setting or something?

TheOrangeBird01

Can we just leave Hollywood Studios like it is, please. I'm actually so sad with all these changes coming to the park. Some things need to be left ALONE! Marvel needs to stay faaaar away from my favorite park. ToT and RnRC are sacred and can't be touched. I would have said that about SoA too, but that's already in the process of being demolished. I was so sad to see both the Backlot Tour and the Magic of Disney Animation close, and I have no clue what I would do, if either of the biggest E Ticket rides in HS are changed.

Enough with the Star Wars, enough with the Toy Story. Make those lands, and be done. Yes, I'm excited for new things, but at the expense of others? No, thank you.

Remember the park's name is Hollywood STUDIOS. At the moment, there is no longer any Studios element left in the park. Why can't we have some original rides in an actual Hollywood themed land. What about a new Backlot tour? I used to love that attraction. I would come to Hollywood Studios immerse myself in a Hollywood that never was, and always will be. Now? Well, now it's a Star Wars world after all.

Phew. That felt good to say lol

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Can we just leave Hollywood Studios like it is, please. I'm actually so sad with all these changes coming to the park. Some things need to be left ALONE! Marvel needs to stay faaaar away from my favorite park. ToT and RnRC are sacred and can't be touched. I would have said that about SoA too, but that's already in the process of being demolished. I was so sad to see both the Backlot Tour and the Magic of Disney Animation close, and I have no clue what I would do, if either of the biggest E Ticket rides in HS are changed.

Enough with the Star Wars, enough with the Toy Story. Make those lands, and be done. Yes, I'm excited for new things, but at the expense of others? No, thank you.

Remember the park's name is Hollywood STUDIOS. At the moment, there is no longer any Studios element left in the park. Why can't we have some original rides in an actual Hollywood themed land. What about a new Backlot tour? I used to love that attraction. I would come to Hollywood Studios immerse myself in a Hollywood that never was, and always will be. Now? Well, now it's a Star Wars world after all.

Phew. That felt good to say lol

All indications are that Disney wants to move away from the studios concept.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom