Ridiculous: Everyone is forced to stand now in the Wishes fastpass area.

CJR

They had to close Timekeeper because guests complained about having to stand for the entire show!

I think you missed my joke. I wasn't referring to the show. I was saying how nice it would be to time travel back into the 90's, back when I found Magic Kingdom much more enjoyable. I still enjoy it today, just less.

EDIT: I would love to hear Robin William's voice inside MK again though.

Phil12

I think you missed my joke. I wasn't referring to the show. I was saying how nice it would be to time travel back into the 90's, back when I found Magic Kingdom much more enjoyable. I still enjoy it today, just less.

EDIT: I would love to hear Robin William's voice inside MK again though.
I don't think of it as a joke. Many people on this forum live in the past and think that WDW or the MK was better X number of years ago. Feelings of nostalgia often shade and distort memory. It's funny because time travel is not possible, except to the future. I'm fortunate in that I've experienced WDW since its early days and know first hand about the terrible attractions such as 20k, Mike Fink Keel Boats, If You Had Wings, Mission to Mars, the Skyway and the bore fest known as Horizons. I too enjoy it today and don't miss any of the old attractions. I welcome the changes and I would never desire to go back in time to revisit boring old attractions such as Journey Into Imagination.

CJR

I would never desire to go back in time to revisit boring old attractions such as Journey Into Imagination.

Two things. It was a joke, I've confirmed that. Second, we'll just have to agree to disagree regarding what is boring and what is annoying.

MissM

So as expected, Disney has now posted this to the Disney Insider, basically just to confuse us all even more:

Wishes FastPass+ Viewing Area: This recently opened area is right at the central hub of the Magic Kingdom, directly in front of the castle, and couldn’t give you a better view of the grand spectacle of Wishes. It’s a large stretch of land, covered in Astroturf and giving off the vibe of a grassy stretch of your local park. You can lay out and watch the fireworks, but only if you make sure to sign up for it; this is a FastPass+ exclusive experience so have your nifty wristbands ready.

http://blogs.disney.com/insider/201...atural|disney-insider|2015-05-18|insider|box3
I'm going to be honest here. I thought the ONLY reason someone would actually burn a FP+ for Wishes was exactly that you could sit in the [faux]grass to watch it. I thought that was kinda the entire point of the little fenced in gardens. This snippet from the Disney Insider reinforces the perception I had for this area. (Meaning it clearly wasn't just my singular perception.) So I can see someone being upset that they can't sit when it seemed to me that sitting was the selling point. *shrugs*

PhotoDave219

I'm going to be honest here. I thought the ONLY reason someone would actually burn a FP+ for Wishes was exactly that you could sit in the [faux]grass to watch it. I thought that was kinda the entire point of the little fenced in gardens. This snippet from the Disney Insider reinforces the perception I had for this area. (Meaning it clearly wasn't just my singular perception.) So I can see someone being upset that they can't sit when it seemed to me that sitting was the selling point. *shrugs*

You think Man Street Ops wouldnt just jump at the chance to pen people in like they were cattle on a Nebraska feed lot? Even if their own websites were promoting the opportunity to sit and spread out?

Main Street Ops has been a disaster for at least eleven years now.

RSoxNo1

What is the grass for.. if they wanted everyone to stand why not just use cement? This policy totally irked me.. seriously.. how am i bothering someone if I'm sitting cross legged taking up minimal square footage.

So.. if you fastpass wishes you are forced to stand cramped up like sardines but right outside the fastpass area there are people sitting leaning against the railing who didnt fastpass. Fastpass.. forced to stand.. but if you don't fastpass then u can sit comfy 4 feet away just fine.

Horrible..
The "grass" is so that it's not a concrete jungle during the day. You have always had to stand for wishes, this is not the end of the world.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I do think "everyone being forced to stand in the Wishes fastpass area" is terrible. However, is the capacity of the park limited to the number that can fit in the fastpass area? This could be good news and eventually relieve over crowding in the MK. My guess is those jerks at TDO will force people to stand in the area at different time windows throughout the day until everyone has actually done there time standing. I hope by everyone they don't mean everyone. I'd hate for some type of weird Disney goon squad to get my family up in the middle of the night and then force us to drive 1000 miles just to stand in some cordoned off area for a few minutes.

Victor Kelly

Disney makes FP's for shows and attractions such as these for a reason. When you reserve your FP's you usually have only 3 choices. This leaves more FP's for other more popular attractions. The bad part is that all of these useless FP's make for long lines and terrible conditions at the less popular ones.

I'm almost expecting for them to add FP's to Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse and quick serve locations soon.

Bite your tongue my dear. :)

As to fireworks viewing, we have watched them from I Drive several times. At least from the right hotels you can.

G00fyDad

OK, the REAL reason that you are asked to stand is really quite simple...and goes unmentioned. Gas. That's right; when you sit and pass gas, it gets trapped in the fake grass thus causing either a potential meltdown of the grass (depending on recent intake) or, at the very least a large release at the end of the show when 'all rise'.
Now, if you stand and 'release' - the cloud is dispersed and there's no risk of 'fake grass gas passed' melting. Thanks in advance for your cooperation in matters of our mutual concern.

Don't even ask about Fastpass gas passed melting the fake grass.

Does that add another level of carcinogens?

photomatt

the Skyway and the bore fest known as Horizons.
Not to derail the thread, but the Skyway was never boring. It should still be there. Horizons was a great attraction that could now be an amazing attraction if they kept it updated.

I agree that the other attractions, for the most part, belong in Yesterland.

Monorail_Red_77

Dear Lord who wrote that? "Have your nifty wristbands ready"????? And that's an OFFICIAL Disney outlet?

Boy that's a scary read. So I see.. Not only has Imagineering gone down hill but marketing/social media now too.

Geeze! Next thing you know, they will be shortening refurbishments of rides/attractions.
Oh wait.... too late.
Yeah I'm talking to you Pirates.

alik9221

Hey guys. I normally just observe this site to keep up to date and gather facts and tebits from you all (as well some entertainment!).

However this thread has sparked a question - I am one of those who will be wasting a fastpass to stand to watch wishes in the FP viewing area!! The reason being is I figured it will be a good place to avoid being pushed, hussled and clipped by strollers. Also the main reason is my father ( who has had both knees and a hip replaced - 2nd knee will only be in 12 weeks when we visit in July) wont be the most mobile and will not want a wheelchair, so I figured here will be a safe place for him.

So my question is does the fastpass area provide a good area to simply stand, watch wishes and avoid the crush of people before and after the fireworks?? Also do they overly pack people in??

Thanks guys :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom