Ridiculous: Everyone is forced to stand now in the Wishes fastpass area.

habuma

There are so many "useless" FP+ choices out there! It stinks! P.U.:arghh:

I don't disagree, but I'm somewhat thankful for the useless FP+ choices. You see, if we have to have FP+, then there might as well be a few useless choices for the non-informed so that they don't use up all of the availability on the good choices. :)

PhotoDave219

Could we just ban people who hold up their phones and iPads during the fireworks shows, please?

Also: kids on your shoulders...please don't. If your kid can't see, pick him/her up, but don't put them on your shoulders.

Well if everyone was allowed to sit, that wouldn't be a problem, right?

rob0519

Not true at all. Quite the opposite.

The artificial turf CAN be sat on, but it's also cushioned, providing a comfortable surface to stand on for a long time.

It's a safety issue to allow people to sit in an area where most others are standing. Fingers are guaranteed to be stepped on. Plus, as others have said, unless everyone is sitting, people are going to have their views blocked by people standing in front of them.

If someone wants to sit, and have a nice view of Wishes, there are many benches that can be claimed early, or a spot on a curb before/after a parade.

Benches? What are these benches you speak about? I heard at one time in the past these mythical items were plentiful, but the people who used them were not sufficiently contributing to WDWs bottom line and so poor, harmless appliances were made almost extinct.

Biff215

So as expected, Disney has now posted this to the Disney Insider, basically just to confuse us all even more:

Wishes FastPass+ Viewing Area: This recently opened area is right at the central hub of the Magic Kingdom, directly in front of the castle, and couldn’t give you a better view of the grand spectacle of Wishes. It’s a large stretch of land, covered in Astroturf and giving off the vibe of a grassy stretch of your local park. You can lay out and watch the fireworks, but only if you make sure to sign up for it; this is a FastPass+ exclusive experience so have your nifty wristbands ready.

http://blogs.disney.com/insider/201...atural|disney-insider|2015-05-18|insider|box3

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
So as expected, Disney has now posted this to the Disney Insider, basically just to confuse us all even more:

Wishes FastPass+ Viewing Area: This recently opened area is right at the central hub of the Magic Kingdom, directly in front of the castle, and couldn’t give you a better view of the grand spectacle of Wishes. It’s a large stretch of land, covered in Astroturf and giving off the vibe of a grassy stretch of your local park. You can lay out and watch the fireworks, but only if you make sure to sign up for it; this is a FastPass+ exclusive experience so have your nifty wristbands ready.

http://blogs.disney.com/insider/201...atural|disney-insider|2015-05-18|insider|box3
Dear Lord who wrote that? "Have your nifty wristbands ready"????? And that's an OFFICIAL Disney outlet?

Phil12

Benches? What are these benches you speak about? I heard at one time in the past these mythical items were plentiful, but the people who used them were not sufficiently contributing to WDWs bottom line and so poor, harmless appliances were made almost extinct.
I remember the days when benches were plentiful. Unfortunately they had to remove the benches due to guest abuse. Some guests felt they had the right to "reserve" bench space hours in advance of a parade or a fireworks show. They'd pile blankets or other personal belongings onto the benches and then walk away to enjoy the park. Sometimes one member of the group would be left to "guard" the reserved bench area hopping around like the Mad Hatter and informing other guests, "these benches are reserved". Therefore due to the continued guest abuse, the benches were removed.

Phil12

Nice theory.
0f36df929ac9d711a8ba8c5658c3bfee.png

It almost rivals Newton's theory of gravitation.

CJR

Therefore due to the continued guest abuse, the benches were removed.

They should have done the opposite and added more benches. I mean, if it's their goal to turn Main Street USA into a huge mall and amphitheater, why not?

On a more serious note, if only they could bring back Timekeeper and take us back into the 90's.

PhotoDave219

Good find! That will drive Operations nuts....

WDF

When the FP+ viewing was in the Rose Garden area everyone was welcome to sit down or lie down even in the grass. Or people stood up, but they usually stood in the back of the area behind the seated guests. No one moved during Wishes! so no one got stepped on. However, because it was real grass, they would not allow anyone into the viewing area if there had been too much rain leading up to the time for Wishes! in an effort to protect both the turf and the guests I guess.

I assumed the new areas would operate the same way and that the artificial turf was installed so that the rain would no longer be an issue. Guess things changed.

NormC

They should have done the opposite and added more benches.
They did add more benches in the form of walls at seating height. They even offset the railings on the ones they want you to sit on and centered the railings on the ones they don't want you to sit on. Now there is no bench to impede flow of traffic but still plenty of seating.

WDF

Also, lots of people sit down in the Illuminations FP+ viewing area, most stand up once the show starts, but not everyone. I wonder if they will now also make everyone stand up there. It is never crammed full, that is one of the nice things about it.

ABQ

Also, lots of people sit down in the Illuminations FP+ viewing area, most stand up once the show starts, but not everyone. I wonder if they will now also make everyone stand up there. It is never crammed full, that is one of the nice things about it.
That underlined portion is the important part. Is MK issuing more FP's for the Wishes viewing area now than the area permits and is forcing a standing room only process? illuminations is not oversold, per se....yet, allowing for a seated arrangement.

WDF

That underlined portion is the important part. Is MK issuing more FP's for the Wishes viewing area now than the area permits and is forcing a standing room only process? illuminations is not oversold, per se....yet, allowing for a seated arrangement.

Exactly. It is one the considerations when choosing to use an "end of the evening" FP+ selection. If the place is going to be jammed up with people then the use of that FP+ is definitely less desirable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom