Ridiculous: Everyone is forced to stand now in the Wishes fastpass area.

FutureCEO

The silliness of that whole thing is that inevitably someone is going to stand up to get a better view anyway and then they can sit on their butts looking at someone else's. So you can't sit on the fake grass during wishes? Poor baby! Next topic, this one has fallen flat on its... well you know.

The silliness of this is actually creating fastpass only sections of fireworks that you can see just as well as the person next to you not using a fastpass

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hey guys. I normally just observe this site to keep up to date and gather facts and tebits from you all (as well some entertainment!).

However this thread has sparked a question - I am one of those who will be wasting a fastpass to stand to watch wishes in the FP viewing area!! The reason being is I figured it will be a good place to avoid being pushed, hussled and clipped by strollers. Also the main reason is my father ( who has had both knees and a hip replaced - 2nd knee will only be in 12 weeks when we visit in July) wont be the most mobile and will not want a wheelchair, so I figured here will be a safe place for him.

So my question is does the fastpass area provide a good area to simply stand, watch wishes and avoid the crush of people before and after the fireworks?? Also do they overly pack people in??

Thanks guys :)
This should give you an idea of what to expect.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...street-plaza-gardens-at-the-magic-kingdom.htm

Goofyernmost

Don't you have to stand for the entirety of "Oh! Canada!", too? That's still open... maybe this joke went over my head.
Well, it is a commonly sited reason that the attraction closed, but, as usual is was really more then likely just another large dose of hyperbole. Oh, Canada has the good fortune of being in Epcot. That means that the attraction numbers are limited and therefore still draw a decent crowd. Timekeeper was almost hidden in Tomorrowland and way under promoted by Disney. Attendance was not as high as others and, couple it with the "Oh gee, I have to stand up", whine Disney saw an opportunity to Pixarlate us and replaced it with Monster Laugh.

I also think that for a while Robin Williams had fallen out of favor with the Disney Company as well, more or less, pushing the attractions end a little quicker. I have no proof of the following, but, to me, at least, the AA in Timekeeper was a very animated one that if I were a betting man would think that was a constant source of fun and games for maintenance. We all know how little they like to do maintenance.

daisyduckie

I guess I don't see that grass=sitting. Wouldn't benches=sitting, or chairs=sitting? I can't imagine fake grass is comfy to sit on.

Mr Anderson

By definition, pretty much anything we talk about on this site qualifies as that. I mean, we are talking about a premium priced (at least domestically) vacation resort.
Agreed, but to complain that one visiting this premium priced resort can't sit in the grass on their fair-skinned little tushie in what is essentially the "reserved" section, for which they didn't have to pay an *extra* premium, while taking in an amazing, astronomically costly fireworks & effects show, is in a league of its own in terms of 1st world problems.

For lack of a better term, that's 1st class problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom